Obama's Plan To Control The Internet Through Net-Neutrality Even Supporters Don't Know About

Remember, now, it's not equality of speed that has liberals all aglow for "net neutrality".

It's entirely about two other things:

1. Control of what you say or see
2. Taxes

"fees" doesn't get a number 'cause they'e just taxes in drag.

Since the US has shittier internet service than any developed country, the information oligarchs are not going to get any sympathy from the average consumer.
:boohoo:

I assume you're referring to the govt since they're the ones seeking control of the internet in addition to adding massive and excessive taxes to the everyday user.

Yawn. Feel free to cite the language in the proposal that you are referring to. unless you are just regurgitating what some corporate stooge told you :rolleyes:

So you're down with govt taxing and cotnrolling the average user even more. Got it.

I'm down with you citing a source for the "information" that you felt the need to share with us.

If broadband is reclassified then more taxes and control on consumers will apply.

Study Highlights Potential Tax Burden Of Net Neutrality TechCrunch

The PPI is part of the crappy neo-con wing of the party. So i'll wait to see what an unbiased source says. Thanks for at least posting a link

Remember, now, it's not equality of speed that has liberals all aglow for "net neutrality".

It's entirely about two other things:

1. Control of what you say or see
2. Taxes

"fees" doesn't get a number 'cause they'e just taxes in drag.

I think you have the order reversed...but otherwise, spot on.

If you can't accomplish your agenda with PIPA or SOPA, well then, try something new under the guise of helping the consumer.

"The proposal also seems to leave a lot to interpretation. For example, Wheeler says lawful content, services, and sites can’t be blocked or throttled, but the definition of what constitutes lawful traffic is subject to interpretation. What if an ISP falsely accuses a site, or an entire protocol like BitTorrent, of copyright infringement? Can it then throttle or block it unjustly?

Then there’s the general conduct rule, which vaguely says the FCC can combat threats to the open Internet on its own. What constitutes a threat, though?"

Read more: FCC Reclassifys Broadband In Title II What it Means For You Page 4 Digital Trends
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Will USMB be considered a threat? :lmao:

This is the same link I posted above but don't expect RWs to read or understand it.

I read and understand everything, apparently YOU DON'T. Your own link refuted what you are trying to say. Sure, the beginning of the article stated that on the surface it would not appear to change anything, but it would only guarantee the net neutrality we have all come to love and accept. But if you read closer, it states EXACTLY what the OP was worried about. It gives the government a legal avenue to meddle in the free dealings of private citizenry. But you have drank the KOOL-AID. You are such a partisan, you believe if a democratic bureaucracy is doing it, it must be a good thing. Well you didn't read your own link carefully, right?

I don't think you read it or understood it. It basically said, that the law will do nothing to change the status quo, other than to implement the PIPA and SOPA laws that they couldn't get passed on their own, and allow for taxation of the internet, which Americans have time and time roundly rejected.

Forum List

Back