Obama's new Ukrainian government shows their colors:Beat TV chief and make him resign

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Told you so for days on end on what bad actors our leaders were backing. :eusa_angel:

And so you see it is no stretch to see how Svoboda intimidated others to vote for the impeachment of the former President. And who wanted to strip Crimeans of their autonomy.

Man oh man, I can't wait to send this to all those in my government that supported this coup by these goons.

Sit down, you animal': Angry far-right politicians attack Ukraine TV chief and force him to write his own resignation letter

Video of attack by men from Svoboda party on Oleksandr Panteleymonov
Shouted and beat TV boss over the head until he writes resignation letter
Accuse him of broadcasting pro-Russian images during Kiev stand-off

One of the attackers sits on freedom of speech parliamentary committee

article-2584974-1C6F288900000578-902_634x356.jpg

Humiliation: Oleksandr Panteleymonov (seated), who heads the Ukrainian state TV company, is shouted at and beaten over the head until he gives into the men's demands and writes a resignation letter

:eusa_whistle:

article-2584974-1C6F291100000578-529_634x354.jpg

Chaotic scenes: The men accused Mr Panteleymonov broadcasting pro-Russian images during the stand-off in Ukraine - and called him 'Moscow trash', which is a derogatory term for Russians

Video at link.

'Sit down, you animal': Angry far-right politicians attack Ukraine TV chief | Mail Online

Last edited:
UPDATE: Crimean native soldiers understand Kiev very well. Defection for them is the safest option.

Besieged Ukrainian soldiers DEFECT to Russia as Kiev prepares to pull 25,000 troops and their families out of Crimea

From the article:

The major said he expected about half of the personnel still at the base to accept the Russian offer to stay and join the Russian armed forces since they are Crimea natives.

Besieged Ukrainian soldiers DEFECT to Russia as Kiev prepares to pull 25,000 troops and their families out of Crimea | Mail Online

Told you so for days on end on what bad actors our leaders were backing. :eusa_angel:

And so you see it is no stretch to see how Svoboda intimidated others to vote for the impeachment of the former President. And who wanted to strip Crimeans of their autonomy.

Man oh man, I can't wait to send this to all those in my government that supported this coup by these goons.

Sit down, you animal': Angry far-right politicians attack Ukraine TV chief and force him to write his own resignation letter

Humiliation: Oleksandr Panteleymonov (seated), who heads the Ukrainian state TV company, is shouted at and beaten over the head until he gives into the men's demands and writes a resignation letter

Chaotic scenes: The men accused Mr Panteleymonov broadcasting pro-Russian images during the stand-off in Ukraine - and called him 'Moscow trash', which is a derogatory term for Russians

Video at link.

'Sit down, you animal': Angry far-right politicians attack Ukraine TV chief | Mail Online

So, if these guys are 'Far Right' who's the left in this scene?

Putin? Now Putin is a leftist?

Or is Far Right just a term used whenever a 'journalist' doesn't have a fucking clue.

You're being tribal on this TD. I love ya, but I'm right and you know it.

Video at link.

So, if these guys are 'Far Right' who's the left in this scene?

Putin? Now Putin is a leftist?

Or is Far Right just a term used whenever a 'journalist' doesn't have a fucking clue.

You're being tribal on this TD. I love ya, but I'm right and you know it.

Hey Edge. I'm third generation Uk with a good dose of Irish thrown in and I have no natural love for Russia. I grew up hating the USSR and Stalin for what they did. So this hasn't been easy for me.

But I know we are being genuinely snowed here. These goons are uber Ukrainian anti Jew and seriously anti Russian (and were long before this flare up).

It makes total sense to me why Crimeans are running to Moscow for protection.

ETA: And I don't want to even hear that Svoboda is a minority party. They scored plum positions in the interim government in return for the muscle they provided in the coup errrrrrrrrrr rebellion.

Oleksandr Sych - Vice Prime Minister
Andriy Mokhnyk- Minister of Ecology
Ihor Shvayka - Minister of Agriculture
Ihor Tenyukh - Minister of Defence
Oleh Makhnitsky - General Prosecutor

Svoboda (political party) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
What point are we supposed to be getting here? You've got members of some far right Ukrainian political org incensed at a TV station broadcasting, presumably without condemndation, scenes of Putin annexing the Crimea. They accuse the station head of basically collaborating with the Russians.
OK, Bad reaction. Over-reaction. I can live with that. But to extrapolate that means the Ukrainians in charge are thugs is simply out of touch with reality.

Extremists exist on both sides. What do you think of women being whipped in Russia for singing? Would you call Russia a very open and tolerant country?

Seriously:

"Pussy Riot attacked with whips by police at Sochi"

Video is on the page.

Video: Pussy Riot attacked with whips by police at Sochi - Telegraph

Yes, but Svoboda are extremists with mega power within the government now. Therein lies the difference in thuggery.

Come on Decus. :eusa_angel: One of the participants in this attack actually sits on the freedom of speech parliamentary committee.

Amnesty International had a complete meltdown over this incident. And this type of shit has just begun.

What point are we supposed to be getting here? You've got members of some far right Ukrainian political org incensed at a TV station broadcasting, presumably without condemndation, scenes of Putin annexing the Crimea. They accuse the station head of basically collaborating with the Russians.
OK, Bad reaction. Over-reaction. I can live with that. But to extrapolate that means the Ukrainians in charge are thugs is simply out of touch with reality.

You do realize that svoboda detest jews, germans and essentially anyone else not deemed All-Ukrainian, right?
Does that sort of thinking remind you of any potential historical events that may be best not repeated?

With all due respect Rabbi check out the plum positions they hold. And this is not a complete list of how many members are sitting on crucial committees now. Oh and being uber Ukrainian and anti Russian doesn't even come near how anti Jew the leader and most of the followers are.

Surely you can't claim I'm a whack job for thinking these particular positions are important.

:D

List of Svoboda figures in the current government

Oleksandr Sych - Vice Prime Minister:eusa_whistle:

Ihor Tenyukh - Minister of Defence ***************

Oleh Makhnitsky - General Prosecutor**************

Extremists exist on both sides. What do you think of women being whipped in Russia for singing? Would you call Russia a very open and tolerant country?

Seriously:

Video is on the page.

Yes, but Svoboda are extremists with mega power within the government now. Therein lies the difference in thuggery.

Come on Decus. :eusa_angel: One of the participants in this attack actually sits on the freedom of speech parliamentary committee.

Amnesty International had a complete meltdown over this incident. And this type of shit has just begun.

I agree Tiny that Svoboda are extremists and should have no place in government. Their party received some 10% of Ukrainian votes in the last parliamentary elections. Many of those votes were people fed-up with the corruption and as is the case in many EU member countries that have ultra-nationalist parties, and that people use to express their dissatisfaction with government.

When the dust settles, I can't see the ultra-nationalists playing a greater role in Ukrainian politics. I really believe that most Ukrainians are good people and not extremists.

You do realize that svoboda detest jews, germans and essentially anyone else not deemed All-Ukrainian, right?
Does that sort of thinking remind you of any potential historical events that may be best not repeated?

My head started spinning like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist when I read that they wanted to criminalize "Ukrainaphobia" aka criticize the government and "go to jail do not pass go".

Last edited:

Seriously:

Video is on the page.

I agree Tiny that Svoboda are extremists and should have no place in government. Their party received some 10% of Ukrainian votes in the last parliamentary elections. Many of those votes were people fed-up with the corruption and as is the case in many EU member countries that have ultra-nationalist parties, and that people use to express their dissatisfaction with government.

When the dust settles, I can't see the ultra-nationalists playing a greater role in Ukrainian politics. I really believe that most Ukrainians are good people and not extremists.

One can only pray for that Decus. But I fear these goons once having the taste of true power and prestige will use it to their advantage in the next elections. Much like Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood did in Egypt.

Things got so out of control with Morsi and the MB so freaking quick it was unreal. Hence Arab Spring revolution #2 to overthrow the monsters.

All Ukrainians detest Jews. It's in their mother's milk. I'm not arguing these guys are boy scouts. But when you get a broad based movement like this you get everyone who wants the present government out. And that can iinclude some pretty unsavory people. Yanukovich was not exactly a nice upright fellow himself.

Seriously:

Video is on the page.

No female singers were whipped for singing. Attacking people for being in a church is not singing. Vandalized a church is not singing.

Which one of those things warranted whipping them?

With all due respect Rabbi check out the plum positions they hold. And this is not a complete list of how many members are sitting on crucial committees now. Oh and being uber Ukrainian and anti Russian doesn't even come near how anti Jew the leader and most of the followers are.

Surely you can't claim I'm a whack job for thinking these particular positions are important.

:D

List of Svoboda figures in the current government

Oleksandr Sych - Vice Prime Minister:eusa_whistle:

Ihor Tenyukh - Minister of Defence ***************

Oleh Makhnitsky - General Prosecutor**************

These are important positions. Minister of Defense and General Prosecutor especially. Why they are there is open to different interpretation and opinion than yours.

Freedom Party (Svoboda) is hard core nationalist and attracts supporters from left and right. If they are nationalist they get seat at their table and welcomed into their activities. Some elements are more radical and exsteme than others. It is correct that they have muscle and thugs amoungst them. If snipers, bomb makers and planters of IED's are called for, they will come from Freedom Party ranks and associates. They are the dangerous dogs of war that can be turned loose if they are needed. Same time, dangerous because the dogs might get loose on their own.

Svoboda is dangerous tool being used by majority in Parliament. Svoboda only has 37 votes/seats in Parliament. Freedom Party might not listen to majority. Svoboda may not even be able to control their own family of extremist.

All Ukrainians detest Jews. It's in their mother's milk. I'm not arguing these guys are boy scouts. But when you get a broad based movement like this you get everyone who wants the present government out. And that can iinclude some pretty unsavory people. Yanukovich was not exactly a nice upright fellow himself.

Nonsense. You didn't have to go full Jew victim-hood on it. There have been Jewish roots in the country forever.

One can only pray for that Decus. But I fear these goons once having the taste of true power and prestige will use it to their advantage in the next elections. Much like Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood did in Egypt.

Things got so out of control with Morsi and the MB so freaking quick it was unreal. Hence Arab Spring revolution #2 to overthrow the monsters.

I have faith in Ukrainians and other indicators give reason to believe. This was published 2 days ago:

"So is Ukraine poised for a Nazi putsch? The good news is that opinion polls show Tyahnybok at just 5 percent approval, far behind Vitali Klitschko (the hulking, pro-Western former boxing champion) and the center-right ex-prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko."

Yes, There Are Bad Guys in the Ukrainian Government

Seriously:

Video is on the page.

No female singers were whipped for singing. Attacking people for being in a church is not singing. Vandalized a church is not singing.

Did you read the article? No church was involved in this incident.

Nonsense. You didn't have to go full Jew victim-hood on it. There have been Jewish roots in the country forever.

You realize that was a non sequitur, right?
The Ukrainians were enthusiastic supporters of the Final Solution, turning in Jews right and left during the occupation. Ukrainians actively participated in massacres against Jews.
I have spoken with elderly Ukrainian Jews and every one of them tells me the Ukrainians were jew haters, almost as bad as the Polish. Maybe worse.

Forum List

Back