Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed By Andrew Sullivan

From Sullivan’s article on Obama’s legacy

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

We've been carrying debt since Alexander Hamilton had his feet up on the desk.

This is to hilarious..

Andrew Sullivan: Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed

In one respect, it seems to me, the presidency of Donald Trump has been remarkably successful. In 17 months, he has effectively erased Barack Obama’s two-term legacy.

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated.

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.

This is spot on....

We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth

No its a lie, the left have told many lies since they lost and got an historic case of sour grapes.

What is a lie? Are you saying that the debt has not increased under Trump? Or are you saying that this is not a time of robust economic growth?

Which of those two facts are you calling a lie?

And yet here you are complaining about the debt from Obama...you partisan hacks have very short memories.

William J. Clinton Presidency

The verdict is in - worst president ever.

This is to hilarious..

In one respect, it seems to me, the presidency of Donald Trump has been remarkably successful. In 17 months, he has effectively erased Barack Obama’s two-term legacy.

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated.

Y'know, what seems more hilarious to me is the self-aggrandizing need of Trump AND HIS TOADIES IN CONGRESS to erase all efforts of Obama, as though doing so makes them bigger Obama smaller. Actually it is quite the reverse, and it is Trumpers that become smaller.

They are doing precisely what they were elected to do.
<<They are doing precisely what they were elected to do.>>To increase the debt? To enrich the rich? To play a lot of golf? To change positions daily, ala DACA and gun-buying age limits? To think the populace is too stupid to see him scam healthcare and not replace? To build hotels in Moscow? To destroy internal protection agencies? To renege on national agreements? Is THAT why you elected him, billy? He really could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose your vote, couldn't he billy? Note to Sinclair Lewis...It IS happening here!

And yet here you are complaining about the debt from Obama...you partisan hacks have very short memories.

Please repost where I ever complained about the debt.

I gave the links silly. Do you not know how a computer works?

From Sullivan’s article on the Great Obama’s legacy

Trump's election was Obama's final legacy.

This is to hilarious..

Y'know, what seems more hilarious to me is the self-aggrandizing need of Trump AND HIS TOADIES IN CONGRESS to erase all efforts of Obama, as though doing so makes them bigger Obama smaller. Actually it is quite the reverse, and it is Trumpers that become smaller.

They are doing precisely what they were elected to do.
<<They are doing precisely what they were elected to do.>>To increase the debt? To enrich the rich? To play a lot of golf? To change positions daily, ala DACA and gun-buying age limits? To think the populace is too stupid to see him scam healthcare and not replace? To build hotels in Moscow? To destroy internal protection agencies? To renege on national agreements? Is THAT why you elected him, billy? He really could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose your vote, couldn't he billy? Note to Sinclair Lewis...It IS happening here!

I elected him to repair the damage done by 28 years of globalist presidents and to prevent another from doing further damage, with a special emphasis on Obama, and to negate the influence of the Democratic Party, if not politically destroy it altogether.

It is one thing to take on debt to compensate for a bad economy

Trump took on debt during a booming economy........idiocy

Trump's election was Obama's final legacy.

Maybe you didn’t read the article either

I gave the links silly. Do you not know how a computer works?

Yes. I also know that commenting on nonsense claims concerning Obama and the debt is not complaining about said debt, but about the nonsense.

But wait, there's more

In foreign policy, Trump has been even more effective. In less than two years, he has wrecked an Atlantic alliance that every president has defended and advanced since the Second World War, and that Obama nurtured. No European government can or should trust America from now on: They know they’re on their own. And then there is the volte-face in the Middle East. Obama’s core achievement in foreign policy was to shift America from embattled enmeshment in the region to a more offshore balancing role. By getting out of Iraq, and reaching out to Tehran, as well as maintaining our links to Jerusalem and the Saudi theocracy, the U.S. increased its options and leverage, while bringing Europe into the mix through the Iran deal. There was even, believe it or not, an attempt at first to restrain the Greater Israel lobby, to use what leverage the American president has to restrain the settlements project.

More by Sullivan on the destruction of the Great Obama’s legacy

In foreign policy, Trump has been even more effective. In less than two years, he has wrecked an Atlantic alliance that every president has defended and advanced since the Second World War, and that Obama nurtured. No European government can or should trust America from now on: They know they’re on their own.

But wait, there's more

In foreign policy, Trump has been even more effective. In less than two years, he has wrecked an Atlantic alliance that every president has defended and advanced since the Second World War, and that Obama nurtured. No European government can or should trust America from now on: They know they’re on their own. And then there is the volte-face in the Middle East. Obama’s core achievement in foreign policy was to shift America from embattled enmeshment in the region to a more offshore balancing role. By getting out of Iraq, and reaching out to Tehran, as well as maintaining our links to Jerusalem and the Saudi theocracy, the U.S. increased its options and leverage, while bringing Europe into the mix through the Iran deal. There was even, believe it or not, an attempt at first to restrain the Greater Israel lobby, to use what leverage the American president has to restrain the settlements project.

Yep. You gotta wonder what would inspire voters to support such a miscreant.

But wait, there's more

/----/ According to the Progressive agenda of course.

But wait, there's more

Yep. You gotta wonder what would inspire voters to support such a miscreant.

Trump? We don't have to wonder. We know...

Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

This is to hilarious..

This is spot on....

We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth

No its a lie, the left have told many lies since they lost and got an historic case of sour grapes.

What is a lie? Are you saying that the debt has not increased under Trump? Or are you saying that this is not a time of robust economic growth?

That's not President Trump's biggest accomplishment, you lie, is that clear now? Here perhaps these will help :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Hilarious? Sounds like a twelve year old's response? You're not twelve are you. Change comes slowly but much of the ideas and positives of Pres Obama remain. Draft dodger and liar in chief Donnie John can only do so much as his failure over the farm bill proves, and the morons that come and go in his administration demonstrate. Our stupid pres proves democracy sometimes proves Churchill's quip. Emotion and hate work on snowflakes of the right but real accomplishments rarely come when all you do is BS your followers.

'28 Of Barack Obama’s Greatest Achievements As President Of The United States'

28 Reasons Obama May Go Down As One Of The Greatest Presidents Of All Time

'President Obama will leave office with the longest consecutive job creation streak in 75 years.'

Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments

One of the great ones. Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average [right wing conservative snowflake] voter." Winston Churchill
You haven’t the brain capacity to understand the harm obummer did to this country. You live in the land of fairy tales
Well, maybe if you tell us how this country is somehow less because of Former President Obama...........

This is to hilarious..

This is spot on....

That's not President Trump's biggest accomplishment, you lie, is that clear now? Here perhaps these will help :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

I would say that "biggest accomplishment" is in the eye of the beholder. To me adding that much debt so quickly in a booming economy is a pretty big big accomplishment.

Of course you do not agree, as you are not allowed to ever speak an ill word about your savoir in the White House.

Forum List

Back