Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed By Andrew Sullivan

Here's a fucked up legacy of all presidents of the past and of the current, to include Congress...They will send billions overseas for their influence and well being yet will not spend those billions sent overseas on investing in their own nation.

This is to hilarious..

Andrew Sullivan: Obama’s Legacy Has Already Been Destroyed

In one respect, it seems to me, the presidency of Donald Trump has been remarkably successful. In 17 months, he has effectively erased Barack Obama’s two-term legacy.

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated.

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.

Obama destroyed his own legacy by overreaching and failing to lead by consensus. He knew better than to force major change on the nation with a slim partisan majority. I doubt he's surprised by the backlash.

Last edited:
This is to hilarious..

In one respect, it seems to me, the presidency of Donald Trump has been remarkably successful. In 17 months, he has effectively erased Barack Obama’s two-term legacy.

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated.

In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness — neither Reagan’s leap of faith nor George W. Bush’s profligacy — and it’s telling that the Democrats and the liberal intelligentsia have accommodated so swiftly to it. Nothing is so unfashionable right now as worrying about debt.
Barack's two-term legacy can never be destroyed no matter how much you guys hate blacks..

What is his two-term legacy?
The Obama legacy of positive accomplishments is strong and large. Several links to many of them are contained in this thread, but you are apparently to lazy to check them out. So, here is one:
Before Obama the health care debate was about whether the federal government should play a roll in ensuring health care to citizens. The legislation that was passed under President Obama, signed into law and certified by the Supreme Court confirmed that the federal government had a roll beyond any doubt. No matter what form government assisted, subsidized, and regulated health care is provided by the federal government, President Obama will be the person who gets credit for ending the debate about whether health care to citizens is a responsibility of the government to be involved with.
The Great Obama will be known for a period of sanity between two of our worst leaders

President Obama will forever have the legacy of the President who gave the orders to violate a sovereign nations borders to capture or kill the leader of the organization responsible for 9/11 after the former President failed to do so for seven years. It was Obama who turned loose the dogs of war without restrictions to accomplish the mission of meaningful retribution for 9/11.

This is to hilarious..

/----/ If you only knew how our government worked. The president can't spend one dime. Only Congress has that power. Man o man, it's tough reading posts from you dimwits.

This is to hilarious..

Barack's two-term legacy can never be destroyed no matter how much you guys hate blacks..
/----/ Here we go again. The libtards' only retort
strawman-full.jpg

This is to hilarious..

This is spot on....

We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth

No its a lie, the left have told many lies since they lost and got an historic case of sour grapes.

This is to hilarious..

Obama destroyed his own legacy by overreaching and failing to do lead by consensus. He knew better than to force major change on the nation with a slim partisan majority. I doubt he's surprised by the backlash.
Lead by "consensus"? You mean like Trump does? Take surveys and polls and do what makes his base happy?

This is to hilarious..

/----/ Here we go again. The libtards' only retort
View attachment 194274
And what is the strawman, your racist overtones or your attempt to do something you can't?

Obama's legacy:

Fundamental Transformation - Failed
You didn't build that! - Failed
You can keep your doctor, Period! - Failed
You can keep your health plan, Period! - Failed
Your health insurance costs will go down - Failed
Economy - Failed
Average GDP growth - Failed
Jobs created - Failed
Debt - Failed
International Relations - Failed
Wars extended, and created - Succeeded
Shovel Ready Jobs - Failed
National Optimism - Failed
Race Relations - Failed
Communist rhetoric - Succeeded

This is to hilarious..

This is spot on....

We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth

No its a lie, the left have told many lies since they lost and got an historic case of sour grapes.
The right lies when winning, what's that shit all about?

This is to hilarious..

Obama destroyed his own legacy by overreaching and failing to do lead by consensus. He knew better than to force major change on the nation with a slim partisan majority. I doubt he's surprised by the backlash.
Lead by "consensus"? You mean like Trump does? Take surveys and polls and do what makes his base happy?
/----/ Trump does not take surveys and polls. He will refer to them mostly as fake polls but leading by polls is a democRAT thing and you know it.

This is to hilarious..

I don’t want to say or face this. I still want to believe my colleague, Jonathan Chait, whose thesis is that the changes Obama made in his difficult but tenacious eight years in office are too great to reverse. And there are a couple of shifts that do indeed seem to be as permanent as anything is in politics: marriage equality and legal cannabis. But neither, one recalls, was a signature goal of Obama. He began as an alleged opponent of marriage equality, even though, of course, he was bullshitting. He wouldn’t touch the marijuana issue in his entire term and even at one point dismissed it as trivial. As for the rest, in specific policy terms, Trump and the Republican Congress have succeeded in undoing Obama’s work to an extent I barely anticipated..

Uh, no. What I mean by "lead by consensus" is to do what he promised - to be the President for all Americans and not just Democrats. A consensus leader would have realized that a major change like nationalizing health care won't work if half the country hates it.

Last edited:
This is to hilarious..

The Obama legacy of positive accomplishments is strong and large. Several links to many of them are contained in this thread, but you are apparently to lazy to check them out. So, here is one:
Before Obama the health care debate was about whether the federal government should play a roll in ensuring health care to citizens. The legislation that was passed under President Obama, signed into law and certified by the Supreme Court confirmed that the federal government had a roll beyond any doubt. No matter what form government assisted, subsidized, and regulated health care is provided by the federal government, President Obama will be the person who gets credit for ending the debate about whether health care to citizens is a responsibility of the government to be involved with.

And now that the punishment for failure to buy the government product has been nullified, the program is hardly treading water because people don't like wearing collars.

Government has no business involving itself in health insurance.

This is to hilarious..

Debt, Corruption, divisiveness. .oh, and hate, he filled his followers with pure hatred.

This is to hilarious..

Debt, Corruption, divisiveness. .

And those are the positive aspects.

This is to hilarious..

Y'know, what seems more hilarious to me is the self-aggrandizing need of Trump AND HIS TOADIES IN CONGRESS to erase all efforts of Obama, as though doing so makes them bigger Obama smaller. Actually it is quite the reverse, and it is Trumpers that become smaller.

Reversing Obama's disasters and boondoggles is for the good of the country. Americans are enjoying the results.

[QUOTE
This is to hilarious..

/----/ Trump does not take surveys and polls. He will refer to them mostly as fake polls but leading by polls is a democRAT thing and you know it.
Trump uses polls when they are supportive to him or his agenda, even if it means he has to distort them and their meanings. In addition, at least one of his top advisors, Kelly Ann Conway is a well known professional pollster who operated her own very successful polling entity. It is called "The Polling Company". So , trumps former campaign manager and current top advisor is the head of a company called "The Polling Company".

From Sullivan’s article on the Great Obama’s legacy

Couldn’t have said it better myself

Forum List

Back