Obama's 1 yr. Anniversary

Well.. accept about 30% can't give up on the dream..
So how do you explain the other 17-19%?

As I've pointed out plenty of times before, no one has "woken" up to anything, nor have they done it particularly fast. Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and Ford all hit lower numbers than Obama has ever had in their first years as President.

The great state of Massachusetts would disagree with you, doc.
This was about Washington DC, and obama politics more than it was about Coakley.
But, go ahead....keep drinking the Kool-Aid, I understand.

You're the one who brought up the Massachusetts special election. When you make a claim that people are "waking up" to Obama, you need to back it up - and as I said, Obama's numbers right now are better than Reagan's were at this point in his presidency. The only poll that matters is the election in 2012.

As I've pointed out plenty of times before, no one has "woken" up to anything, nor have they done it particularly fast. Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and Ford all hit lower numbers than Obama has ever had in their first years as President.

This was about Washington DC, and obama politics more than it was about Coakley.

You're the one who brought up the Massachusetts special election. When you make a claim that people are "waking up" to Obama, you need to back it up - and as I said, Obama's numbers right now are better than Reagan's were at this point in his presidency. The only poll that matters is the election in 2012.

2012 will be a bloodbath for Obama.

Like Jimmy Carter, Obama wll be a one-term wonder.

Also like Jimmy Carter, Obama will never understand WHY The American People voted him out of office. But....they will, even the poeple who originally voted him in office.

2012 is gonna be U-G-L-Y for OBama. Americans will be fed up with losing their homes and their jobs and the value of their 401(K), they'll be WAY over losing all they've worked so hard for. They will be fed up with a President who is so very disconnected from ordinary hard working middle class Americans. And those people will kick Obama to the curb. It will be a complete bloodbath.

That's my prediction.

The only poll that matters is the election in 2012.

Obama is getting nothing through Congress after 2010. He is paying deeply for his arrogant "I won" attitude. If he keeps it up he'll have more than enough time in 2013 to write another self-important autobiography for liberal elites to fawn over.

Oh.. and what a year it was.

What's to be remembered, passing the Buck to Bush, unemployment, national debt, more brave soldiers to Afghanistan, bail-outs, change you can believe in, Obamacare, legal bribes, partisan politics, Iran, Iraq, transparency, from great heights and hopes to reality, the better off now than a year ago.

Who knows, no doubt, it's been an event filled year with more downs than ups in my humble opinion.

What stands out in your opinion?

Obama's first year in office:
Copenhagen
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVRxvOTB0pA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVRxvOTB0pA[/ame]

The bullshit healthcare bribery spending package.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QQQ1UIWmas&feature=related]YouTube - A retired U.S. Navy ship sinks after being hit by a torpedo[/ame]

Last edited:

Need some Kool-Aid? This election was about obama, if obama ran tonight, he would have lost. Anything can happen by 2012, but I think this thread was about obama's first year...wasn't it?

Need some Kool-Aid? This election was about obama, if obama ran tonight, he would have lost. Anything can happen by 2012, but I think this thread was about obama's first year...wasn't it?

What possible reason can you come up with that Obama would have lost had he been running tonight? As much as you try to make tonight about Obama, poll numbers say different.

Let me also clear something up. I don't support Obama that much, I think he's doing a mediocre job - but still. Have some sense. You claim I "drank the koolaid", but you're just parroting what the right wing talking heads say every day.

Last edited:

What possible reason can you come up with that Obama would have lost had he been running tonight? As much as you try to make tonight about Obama, poll numbers say different.

Let me also clear something up. I don't support Obama that much, I think he's doing a mediocre job - but still. Have some sense. You claim I "drank the koolaid", but you're just parroting what the right wing talking heads say every day.

Poll numbers do indeed say differently..he would have lost based on his last year in office. Why do you settle for mediocrity?

Poll numbers do indeed say differently..he would have lost based on his last year in office. Why do you settle for mediocrity?

Because it's better than either extreme.

Last time I checked it went extreme left-left-centrist-right-extreme right NOT extreme left-mediocrity-left. That's the problem with you on the left...if you can't have your extremist agenda supported by America you just settle for a mediocre extreme leftist. Why can't you accept the fact that NEGOTIATION with the minority party is part of politics? Why?

Last edited:

Last time I checked it went extreme left-left-centrist-right-extreme right NOT extreme left-mediocrity-left. That's the problem with you on the left...if you can't have your extremist agenda supported by America you just settle for a mediocre extreme leftist. Why can't you accept the fact that NEGOTIATION with the minority party is part of politics? Why?

What are you talking about? If the current administration was as "extreme left" as you claim, we'd have single payer healthcare, not a corporatist-sellout watered down healthcare bill that the administration STILL can't pass? The "minority voice" that you were claiming I can't accept is why the healthcare bill is pretty much dead - of course I accept it, I revel in it. The minority voice is what keeps the country from going altogether insane at either extreme. Although my personal politics may lean left - I am in no way an extremist - I'm also a realist, and I know that the status quo is all that can be supported by our system. To "radically" change the system, either to the far right or the far left - will destroy our country.

To clarify - A public option is not "far left", a totalitarian communist state is. Trickle-down economics is not "far right", an anarchist libertarian state is.

What are you talking about? If the current administration was as "extreme left" as you claim, we'd have single payer healthcare, not a corporatist-sellout watered down healthcare bill that the administration STILL can't pass? The "minority voice" that you were claiming I can't accept is why the healthcare bill is pretty much dead - of course I accept it, I revel in it. The minority voice is what keeps the country from going altogether insane at either extreme. Although my personal politics may lean left - I am in no way an extremist - I'm also a realist, and I know that the status quo is all that can be supported by our system. To "radically" change the system, either to the far right or the far left - will destroy our country.

To clarify - A public option is not "far left", a totalitarian communist state is. Trickle-down economics is not "far right", an anarchist libertarian state is.

Uhhhhhhhh...what exactly do you think they tried to RAM DOWN OUR THROATS!!!! So you would be happy with this bribe ridden, debt causing bill if it had your precious public option?

Uhhhhhhhh...what exactly do you think they tried to RAM DOWN OUR THROATS!!!! So you would be happy with this bribe ridden, debt causing bill if it had your precious public option?

Don't know, cause a bill like that never got a chance - which goes further to my point. If we had an "extreme left" government, the bill would have a public option in it, if not a straight-up single payer.

Poll numbers on his policies are not the same as poll numbers for obama's likeability.
In fact they are not even in the same galaxy. This defeat last night was not in the state of idaho, or Arizona, this was in a deep blue state of Ma. To most, that would speak volumes.....to most

Except for sending the aid down to Haiti, I don't think Obama has one good thing to crow about in his first year. I am glad that he only has 3 more years to be a pain in our butts and I'm so glad these one term Presidents are so easy to spot.

Obama was great at campaigning for the job and he is a likable man. He just really stinks at actually DOING the job. Small wonder when he has zero executive experience and ran on cute slogans rather than substance. I expected massive failure from this dilettante, but he is far exceeding my low low expectations. He's worse than Jimmy Carter!! Come November we can de-claw him the rest of the way, support your local GOP candidates. It is time to clean these leftists fruitcakes out!! Take back the House and Senate.

He did do one thing good though- Conservatism is on the rise, thanks mainly to Obama's arrogance!

Forum List

Back