Obamacare sign-ups top 6 million

I'm curious, Random...what would you guess is the REAL number of people who have signed up for the ACA and paid their first premium? I would put that figure somewhere in the neighborhood of a third of the six million that the White House is claiming as "signed up". Care to make a gentleman's wager over what the numbers will be when this all shakes out?

Because if that IS the case? That far fewer than five million have paid into the system...then it doesn't even come CLOSE to working!

How many are by people who had insurance that Obama forced them to lose?

How many are from the 48M uninsured that ObamaCare was suppose to cover?

How many have actually paid?

How many are illegals?

“No temas si eres indocumentado/a y quieres inscribir a tu familia en un seguro médico” (“Fear not if you are undocumented and want to enroll your family in health insurance”).

ObamaCare signing up illegals - The Black Sphere

Last edited:
And if the majority of those who have signed up are old or unhealthy, rather than young and healthy...then the costs for ObamaCare are going to go through the roof.

One party lied and continues to lie about a law that has caused havoc and most americans don't like. The other party voted 54 times to repeal the law that was sold with lies and that a majority of americans don't want. No sarcasm at all....... :thup:

Are you saying that those 6 million people were wrong for signing up for Obamacare? [That is not an accurate representation of the process but I will keep it simple.]

Are you saying that you love tangents or you just have ADD? ...........

Well gee driveby, seeing how you have all the answers and know all the facts I was just wondering what we should say to those 6 million people who have obviously been duped into signing up for Obamacare. I realize that you are just looking out for other people with no self interest of your own. All those people who will now spend the next few months without health insurance were definitely not the ones duped. -- yep, you guessed it, that was some more sarcasm --

I'm curious, Random...what would you guess is the REAL number of people who have signed up for the ACA and paid their first premium? I would put that figure somewhere in the neighborhood of a third of the six million that the White House is claiming as "signed up". Care to make a gentleman's wager over what the numbers will be when this all shakes out?

Being curious is a good thing. It often leads to learning new things. You have a good start but a very long way to go.

And if the majority of those who have signed up are old or unhealthy, rather than young and healthy...then the costs for ObamaCare are going to go through the roof.

Do you honestly hate people or only pretend to hate people to support the party platform?

Wow, you totally ducked a very simple question, I can only guess your reason for doing so is because you don't want to admit that the numbers the Obama Administration are giving out for "sign-ups" to the ACA are probably wishful thinking on their part?

Why would my pointing out that the bulk of those signing up for the ACA are old or unhealthy...and the young and healthy AREN'T signing up for it...mean that I "hate people"? LOL I'm not fond of people who try and bullshit me...and quite frankly that's what I see happening right now with the numbers that the Obama White House is releasing and the numbers that they are not releasing.

Last edited:

No. Lie.

Yeah that isn't quite true Frank. Shopping cart = Signup.

In the "real world" you haven't gotten insurance until you've sent them your first premium. Try telling your insurance company that you think you have collision on your car because you talked to your agent about getting it right before you totaled your car. They would laugh at you. People haven't REALLY signed up for ObamaCare until they write a check to pay for it.

That is irrelevant. Those who don't pay will lose the policy and then those stats will come out later. Surely, just as in the commercial market, there will be a small percentage that does this, but it doesn't change the fact that 6+ million have signed up.

This RW bellyaching over the most simple and direct of stats is really amazing.

So, let me put it in a context that even mentally challenged Righties can understand:

A girl comes home from school. "Mom, I and 18 other girls signed up for glee club".

the mother says: "but, you didn't pay for your Glee Club uniform yet, so you're not really signed up".

"What?"

"Sure. You think you've signed up, but until you've memorized every bit of your music, payed for your uniform with your own money, walked backwards through the snow from Pottersville to Fuckyoutown four days in a row and then done 35 double saltos in the swimming competition, you're not really signed up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you think that looked like bullshit, that is EXACTLY how Righties look when they complain about one single number.

So, it goes farther.

This is not the ONLY Obamacare sign-up deadline. This is just the first wave. There will be more waves, many of them. My gut told me it would be 6 million by the last day and it was 6 million about 5 days before. All who are considered signed up are those who have filled everything out and who have received confirmation of a plan. So, assuming the last minute stragglers, I am estimating that a good 6.5 to 6.8 million will have signed up. The WH wanted 7 million, so we are definitely in the ballpark if it hits 6.5 to 6.8.

How many of those people are people whose current plan was ditched by their current company because it did not meet Obamacare standards, I do not know, but I am quite sure these stats will come out with time as well. That being said, the company who has dropped anyone's policy because the policy itself was no longer Obamacare compliant is required by law to offer something comparable or better, which means that those people should not really have needed to go to the Obamacare website to get another plan, it was supposed to be offered to them from their current provider.

Now, for some butthurt Righties, I know that was a lot of words and you actually have to think about them some, but if you do, who knows, you might actually learn something.

Dude, that was the entire point of the generational contract to begin with: to NOT exclude people because of pre-existing conditions or age.

You do understand that, right?

Do you honestly hate people or only pretend to hate people to support the party platform?

Do you honestly like being a useful tool for a political party?
seems pathetic to me

[MENTION=46804]RandomVariable[/MENTION] - ignore that fool behind the window, she is just spouting, spouting, spouting, as usual.

:D

That is irrelevant. Those who don't pay will lose the policy and then those stats will come out later. Surely, just as in the commercial market, there will be a small percentage that does this, but it doesn't change the fact that 6+ million have signed up.

So, let me put it in a context that even mentally challenged Righties can understand:

A girl comes home from school. "Mom, I and 18 other girls signed up for glee club".

the mother says: "but, you didn't pay for your Glee Club uniform yet, so you're not really signed up".

"What?"

"Sure. You think you've signed up, but until you've memorized every bit of your music, payed for your uniform with your own money, walked backwards through the snow from Pottersville to Fuckyoutown four days in a row and then done 35 double saltos in the swimming competition, you're not really signed up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you think that looked like bullshit, that is EXACTLY how Righties look when they complain about one single number.

So, it goes farther.

This is not the ONLY Obamacare sign-up deadline. This is just the first wave. There will be more waves, many of them. My gut told me it would be 6 million by the last day and it was 6 million about 5 days before. All who are considered signed up are those who have filled everything out and who have received confirmation of a plan. So, assuming the last minute stragglers, I am estimating that a good 6.5 to 6.8 million will have signed up. The WH wanted 7 million, so we are definitely in the ballpark if it hits 6.5 to 6.8.

How many of those people are people whose current plan was ditched by their current company because it did not meet Obamacare standards, I do not know, but I am quite sure these stats will come out with time as well. That being said, the company who has dropped anyone's policy because the policy itself was no longer Obamacare compliant is required by law to offer something comparable or better, which means that those people should not really have needed to go to the Obamacare website to get another plan, it was supposed to be offered to them from their current provider.

Now, for some butthurt Righties, I know that was a lot of words and you actually have to think about them some, but if you do, who knows, you might actually learn something.

Hopefully come out after the election.

By then nothing can be done, and we'll be back to whining about how we were tricked once again.

"What?"

So, it goes farther.

By then nothing can be done, and we'll be back to whining about how we were tricked once again.

We were never tricked to begin with.

"What?"

So, it goes farther.

We were never tricked to begin with.

Nonsense.

If you like your health care, you can keep your health care ring a bell?

I'm sure your handlers have a rational response printed out for you.

Lay it on me.

Republicans are so butthurt over another successful Democratic policy that they were too weak to stop. :lol:

Forum List

Back