Obama will win Ohio

I know, Im just trying to show my fellow Dems and Independents that we have no need to be down at this point.

Romney is going to have a very difficult time trying to win Ohio. Obama's bailout of GM and Chrysler is a huge plus, and no matter what Romney says, his plan of a managed bankruptcy would have been very difficult to pull off. Banks were already in major trouble and not about to loan out money to companies they believed were about to go under. Even with a government guarantee on those loans, it would have tied up money that was better off being lent for other business ventures and just to help shore up the banks after their own bailout. The bottom line is that Obama's bailout saved both companies and saved hundreds of thousands of jobs. Ohioans understand this, and this will indeed help Obama carry Ohio.

Something else about Ohio - the far right Governor and his henchmen have alienated a lot of voters. Anyone on the left will vote solidly for Obama, no third party. On the other hand, a lot of righties will vote for or write in third-party candidates. Lots of Ron Paul fans here. Not a lot of undecideds.

Something else about Ohio - the far right Governor and his henchmen have alienated a lot of voters. Anyone on the left will vote solidly for Obama, no third party. On the other hand, a lot of righties will vote for or write in third-party candidates. Lots of Ron Paul fans here. Not a lot of undecideds.

That's why Obama is running one point ahead?
Ohio is in much better shape than Illinois. Ohio has a GOP governor who has lowered taxes. Illinois has a Dem governor who has raised them. Most people can look at two situations and see what made one better and one worse.
Ohio goes to Romney. So does Indiana.

That's why Obama is running one point ahead?
Ohio is in much better shape than Illinois. Ohio has a GOP governor who has lowered taxes. Illinois has a Dem governor who has raised them. Most people can look at two situations and see what made one better and one worse.
Ohio goes to Romney. So does Indiana.
what worries me about ohio is sign when you see interviews with residents.

guardian newspaper in uk interviewed people in ohio and many said either not voting or going to change to romney

that not good sign for obama but hope i am wrong.

He'll win a lot more than Ohio.

I know, Im just trying to show my fellow Dems and Independents that we have no need to be down at this point.

Romney is going to have a very difficult time trying to win Ohio. Obama's bailout of GM and Chrysler is a huge plus, and no matter what Romney says, his plan of a managed bankruptcy would have been very difficult to pull off. Banks were already in major trouble and not about to loan out money to companies they believed were about to go under. Even with a government guarantee on those loans, it would have tied up money that was better off being lent for other business ventures and just to help shore up the banks after their own bailout. The bottom line is that Obama's bailout saved both companies and saved hundreds of thousands of jobs. Ohioans understand this, and this will indeed help Obama carry Ohio.
well it went down well with people the bail out but newspaper in uk saying conservative rally gone after tv advertsing space in ohio which is worry for obama

What worries me about Ohio and elsewhere is shit like this:

[...] As of last year, a private equity firm called HIG Capital is heavily invested in Hart. Who controls HIG Capital? Why, many of the owners - including the company's founder - all come from Bain Capital. Isn't that convenient how they invested right before their former boss got the Republican nomination for President?

H.I.G. Capital employees have given $338,000 to Mitt Romney's campaign. That amounts to over $1500 per employee. Bain Capital, Mitt's former company, by comparison, only gave him $268,000. H.I.G. is the 11th largest donor to the Romney Campaign. Clearly they are working really hard for their man. It appears that they will work even harder on election night. Although not boisterously promising to deliver states where their machines are to Romney as Wally O'Dell of Diebold did for Bush in 2004, they can alter hundreds of thousands of votes and swing the vote in the crucial swing state of Ohio.

Will Mitt's cronies steal our democracy the way they stole our jobs? Time will tell, but they have certainly positioned themselves to do so if they choose. [...]

More reading here.

Spread the word, People.

In light of the history, a grass roots effort to get out in front of these scumbags might be the only thing that prevents a repeat of 2004.

[...] As of last year, a private equity firm called HIG Capital is heavily invested in Hart. Who controls HIG Capital? Why, many of the owners - including the company's founder - all come from Bain Capital. Isn't that convenient how they invested right before their former boss got the Republican nomination for President?

H.I.G. Capital employees have given $338,000 to Mitt Romney's campaign. That amounts to over $1500 per employee. Bain Capital, Mitt's former company, by comparison, only gave him $268,000. H.I.G. is the 11th largest donor to the Romney Campaign. Clearly they are working really hard for their man. It appears that they will work even harder on election night. Although not boisterously promising to deliver states where their machines are to Romney as Wally O'Dell of Diebold did for Bush in 2004, they can alter hundreds of thousands of votes and swing the vote in the crucial swing state of Ohio.

Will Mitt's cronies steal our democracy the way they stole our jobs? Time will tell, but they have certainly positioned themselves to do so if they choose. [...]

More reading here.

Spread the word, People.

In light of the history, a grass roots effort to get out in front of these scumbags might be the only thing that prevents a repeat of 2004.

Sorry, paranoid rants of the left or right really don't do much for me.

More reading here.

Spread the word, People.

Sorry, paranoid rants of the left or right really don't do much for me.
agree. good point well made

Ohio is still a toss up, with the way these last weeks have shifted, nothing's certain.

However Romney will lose the election if he loses Ohio, it's a must have state for him.

Obama did well enough on Tuesday to stop Romney's Momentum. He didn't pick up enough momentum from the first debate to actually pull ahead, only enough to move close. Without the extra momentum a second debate win would have given Romney, he's likely to stay behind Obama in the swing states.

Ohio is still a toss up, with the way these last weeks have shifted, nothing's certain.

However Romney will lose the election if he loses Ohio, it's a must have state for him.

Obama did well enough on Tuesday to stop Romney's Momentum. He didn't pick up enough momentum from the first debate to actually pull ahead, only enough to move close. Without the extra momentum a second debate win would have given Romney, he's likely to stay behind Obama in the swing states.
well not sure about that with national lead he has seem like obama behind

but second debate did at least slow down romney mo

but thrid debate is massive. it covers overseas and librya and romney will see it as big chance to go at the president

the president has to be ready as i saw romney when he needed to go all out on the attack. the guy loves doing it. did it loads in primarys to newt, rick and perry

There is a reason no republican in the history of our country has ever lost Ohio but won the election, and it's not because of ohios electoral votes. Ohio is a barometer for the nation, if Romney loses Ohio you can be certain he has failed to win the election.

I sat down at a party with the department Statistician last week to try to answer the age old question: "If you had to guess the result of the election, and were only told the outcome of one state, what State would give you the best chance of selecting the winner?"

Going through the polls and the swing states and the Electoral college votes (and some graph theory!) we came to the conclusion it would be Ohio this year.

Yeah, it is mathematically possible for either candidate to win without Ohio, but it won't happen. Ohio is centrally located in the grand scheme of things so that losing Ohio means you probably lost other crucial swing states and lost the election.

Forum List

Back