Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun,” the president said.

Less than two weeks ago, President Barack Obama highlighted the potential for a tragedy like the Orlando shooting to happen, saying the FBI often knows about sympathizers of the self-described Islamic State — but can’t limit access to firearms due to contentious gun laws in America.

More: Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

President Obama's hands are tied until responsible gun owners rise up against the NRA mentality.

565fd969210000dd005ac24b.jpg

Lawmakers who accept gun lobby money are quick with condolences after mass shootings.

After a mass shooting in Orlando, Florida early Sunday, politicians predictably rushed to express condolences with “thoughts” or “prayers” or both.

But when it comes to reforming gun laws, they seemed in no big hurry — even though, so far this year, there have been almost as many mass shootings in the U.S. as there have been days. In fact, many of the lawmakers publicly offering thoughts and prayers have collected hefty campaign donations from the influential and well-funded gun lobby.

More: Want To Know Why Politicians Only Offer 'Prayers' On Gun Violence? Follow The Money.

Yep, just follow the money.

Less than two weeks ago, President Barack Obama highlighted the potential for a tragedy like the Orlando shooting to happen, saying the FBI often knows about sympathizers of the self-described Islamic State — but can’t limit access to firearms due to contentious gun laws in America.

More: Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

President Obama's hands are tied until responsible gun owners rise up against the NRA mentality.

Since when to terrorists restrict themselves to only lawful actions?

in obamas world they do

True....but why do we make it easier for them?

If these would have been Christians and white . He would have said nothing about gun control.

And us righties have been warning for years something like this could happend because of obama. So what's your point?

And us righties have been warning for years something like this could happend because of obama. So what's your point?

Because of Obama? Get real. My point is that the OP speaks for itself. Don't forget that Bush gave us 9/11.

We do? How do we make it eaiser for them?

We don't.

To my utter amazement, I just learned from a U.S. Senator on MSNBC that if someone is on the terrorist watch list - that does not prevent them from legally buying a gun.

KeefeM20100508B.jpg

Thanks to the radical NRA gun nuts.

To my utter amazement, I just learned from a U.S. Senator on MSNBC that if someone is on the terrorist watch list - that does not prevent them from legally buying a gun.

And that's a problem with the terrorist watch list, not with gun laws. People can end up on the terrorist watch list for simply saying "gazuntite" to someone who happens to already be on it. Its a huge dragnet that catches a great many people in it for no good reason. And you want to use it as an excuse to deny people's constitutional rights? Isn't it the same list that Ted Kennedy found himself on at one point?

Obama seemed more interested in forcing young girls to get used to accepting confused boys in their locker room than issuing a simple order that anyone who was suspected of being a terrorist by the FBI would be red flagged when they wanted to purchase a firearm. It's simple enough but it seems that Barry Hussein was more concerned about the feelings of the Muslem voters than the safety of Americans.

Trump also warned something like this might happen.

And he also identified the cause correctly: Radical Islamic terrorism.

Forum List

Back