Obama wants to raise tobacco taxes - again...

This highly pisses me off - again. Not one penny of tobacco taxes goes toward smokers' healthcare - so why in the hell should smokers (tobacco users) be taxed to pay for children's healthcare and schooling?

On this - I say fuck you, Obama!

Check my siggy :cool:

This highly pisses me off - again. Not one penny of tobacco taxes goes toward smokers' healthcare - so why in the hell should smokers (tobacco users) be taxed to pay for children's healthcare and schooling?

On this - I say fuck you, Obama!

Lakota, you should just quit smoking. Its bad for you.

I don't think its fair, either, but if the GOP won't allow him to raise the revenue through income taxation then what else is he to do?

Is it fair that chronic smokers use the health care system for smoking related illness which raises the rates for all of us? Is it fair that smokers are less productive at work and others must pull some of their weight? Is it fair that smokers use more sick leave than others, creating additional costs for a business?

Is it fair that you can't prove any of those ridiculous questions?

:eusa_hand:

Not if the druggies can't get welfare. It certainly doesn't cost more to test if the result is stopping the monthly check and other benefits.

Most people on welfare are not doing drugs. That's what they found out, so there is no real savings, but there is a huge cost to test all the non druggies. Damn, don't you read the news? You believe too many of those chain letters you see on Facebook.

Yea ok, then who is doing the drugs the working folks like me who have to take a random drug test or all the 1%"ers?

Nope. Its the working folks that don't have to take random drug tests. Fucking duh. Not our fault you decided to apply for work at a company that sticks their head up your dick.

You know dang well they are using a simple pee test, use a hair test and it would be a different story.But your right it is a waste of money.

A hair test would be an even bigger waste of money considering they cost more.

Lakota, you should just quit smoking. Its bad for you.

I don't think its fair, either, but if the GOP won't allow him to raise the revenue through income taxation then what else is he to do?

Is it fair that chronic smokers use the health care system for smoking related illness which raises the rates for all of us? Is it fair that smokers are less productive at work and others must pull some of their weight? Is it fair that smokers use more sick leave than others, creating additional costs for a business?

Are you asking for proof that smokers use the health care system?

Perhaps it was the word ANY that really threw your pee-brain for a loop, pooh. Thats my guess.

In such a way that it raises YOUR rates, yes.

Will smoking be considered a pre-existing condition under the ACA?
:eusa_eh:

Brilliant!! Let's fund something with taxes on something we're trying to get people to stop purchasing.

How utterly stupid these folks are.

All social and central planners are stupid. Not once in the entire history of human existence has a social or central planner ever done anything that didn't result in some of the most tragic, or comical failures in history.

The polio vaccine was both a social and central plan. I remember my entire neighborhood waiting in line to get vaccinated. I don't recall any of my age group being afflicted with polio. Nothing tragic or comical in that, so it appears your conclusion is wrong (though I doubt you would ever admit such a thing).

Now don't shit all over yourself and claim I'm a "commie" and advocate Five Year Plans. That would be an ad hominem & straw man response. You're better than that, aren't you (LOL)?

Brilliant!! Let's fund something with taxes on something we're trying to get people to stop purchasing.

How utterly stupid these folks are.

All social and central planners are stupid. Not once in the entire history of human existence has a social or central planner ever done anything that didn't result in some of the most tragic, or comical failures in history.

The polio vaccine was both a social and central plan. I remember my entire neighborhood waiting in line to get vaccinated. I don't recall any of my age group being afflicted with polio. Nothing tragic or comical in that, so it appears your conclusion is wrong (though I doubt you would ever admit such a thing).

Now don't shit all over yourself and claim I'm a "commie" and advocate Five Year Plans. That would be an ad hominem & straw man response. You're better than that, aren't you (LOL)?

:lmao:

Ah, yes. Without the March of Dimes Salk would have never found the cure to polio.

:lmao:

How do you think insurance rates are developed? By the cost of care plus profit, and smokers have more disease than do non smokers. Do you doubt that too?

How do you think insurance rates are developed? By the cost of care plus profit, and smokers have more disease than do non smokers. Do you doubt that too?

By the IRS, based on my party affiliation and annual income of course
:cool:

Besides, with the ACA, I thought premiums are a thing of the past.

And, yes, smokers are more illness prone but I doubt we're more of a strain on the system than the uninsured

So...why do I have to fund people with genetic illnesses?

Look...it's a very slippery slope once we start playing the exclusion game. Why do I have to fund folks that are obese? Hell, obesity is more widespread than smoking anymore.

So...why do I have to fund people with genetic illnesses?

Look...it's a very slippery slope once we start playing the exclusion game. Why do I have to fund folks that are obese? Hell, obesity is more widespread than smoking anymore.

I had no idea that genetic illnesses were a choice people made.

I had no idea that genetic illnesses were a choice people made.

Why should that matter? Choice or no...it's an illness that all of us are having to fund, right? Screw 'em...afterall...they were defective from jump street!

Forum List

Back