Obama Vetoes National Defense Bill

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Geez. Why does he hate the military so much?

Wants Gitmo closed and terrorist brought to mainland jails.

Wants equal plus up in social programs to that in military spending

What do you think about the veto?

-Geaux

Geez. Why does he hate the military so much?

Wants Gitmo closed and terrorist brought to mainland jails.

Wants equal plus up in social programs to that in military spending

What do you think about the veto?

-Geaux

Hmmmm.... I'll have to read up on it. On the surface it sounds great. Didn't think he had the balls.

More on the despicable act

-Geaux
==========================
Obama vetoes defense bill, sends it back to Congress

U.S. President Barack Obama speaks while hosting a community discussion on drug addiction during a visit …
By Patricia Zengerle and Julia Edwards

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama vetoed a sweeping $612 billion defense policy bill on Thursday, returning the measure to the Republican-controlled Congress because of the way it uses money meant for war spending to avoid automatic budget cuts to military programs.

"I'm going to be sending it back to Congress and my message to them is very simple: 'Let's do this right,'" Obama told reporters.

We're in the midst of budget discussions. Let's have a budget that properly funds our national security as well as economic security," he said.

More on the despicable act

-Geaux
==========================

U.S. President Barack Obama speaks while hosting a community discussion on drug addiction during a visit …
By Patricia Zengerle and Julia Edwards

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama vetoed a sweeping $612 billion defense policy bill on Thursday, returning the measure to the Republican-controlled Congress because of the way it uses money meant for war spending to avoid automatic budget cuts to military programs.

"I'm going to be sending it back to Congress and my message to them is very simple: 'Let's do this right,'" Obama told reporters.

We're in the midst of budget discussions. Let's have a budget that properly funds our national security as well as economic security," he said.

This is sounding better and better. I'm no fan of Obama, and I'm sure this is part of some horseshit political ploy. But, sow's ears and such...

im-not-a-ondvty.jpg

I said this in another thread. he would sacrifice us ALL in order to get his way. he could give a shit less about anyone but himself

Time to bring our troops home and stop the nation building...

I hate equal pay as no one is equal....Some people have better education, work more hours, etc. Stupid!!!!

Also, a budget should be passed that funds infrastructure, science, r&d and our millitary in away that keeps America a great nation..That is what republicans must do to show that they deserve to govern.

Good. It should have been vetoed. The GOP wants to increase the Pentagon's budget ($38.3 billion) despite the sequester but keep in place the sequester for domestic spending. Fuck that! Both need to be cut even further. The Pentagon is incapable of performing an audit on itself but somehow every dime they receive is necessary and proper. lol

Good. It should have been vetoed. The GOP wants to increase the Pentagon's budget ($38.3 billion) despite the sequester but keep in place the sequester for domestic spending. Fuck that! Both need to be cut even further. The Pentagon is incapable of performing an audit on itself but somehow every dime they receive is necessary and proper. lol

I would hate to find out if it's not

-Geaux

Great deal!! I'm glad he vetoed that Bullshit!! To much Military pork, fuck the military, its too damn bloated anyways..

Hey I thought you Cons, Tea Maggots were AGAINST BIG GOVERNMENT?? , shrinking Government starts with the Military!!

We need to pull out of all these wars and cut the defense budget to around 500 billion per year. We need to INCREASE spending on our own country on things like infrastructure, science, r&d and education.

You see,,,not a cent of our debt was ever caused by infrastructure, science, r&d and education. Period. Time to get out of the wars and go back to tax rates that we had pre-reagan. The problem with only focusing on a huge military is you need to support a whole lot more if you don't want to become north Korea.

-Geaux

It is not. Waste/corruption are everywhere and the fact that DOD is unable to perform an audit of itself is very troubling.

We need to pull out of all these wars and cut the defense budget to around 500 billion per year. We need to INCREASE spending on our own country on things like infrastructure, science, r&d and education.

You see,,,not a cent of our debt was ever caused by infrastructure, science, r&d and education. Period. Time to get out of the wars and go back to tax rates that we had pre-reagan. The problem with only focusing on a huge military is you need to support a whole lot more if you don't want to become north Korea.

Wasn't it you that said the law states X% of our budget goes to certain social programs and that we should pay it and stop whining? Laws says X% goes to the military. Practice what you preach and STFU.

-Geaux

It is not. Waste/corruption are everywhere and the fact that DOD is unable to perform an audit of itself is very troubling.

You have no way of knowing if it's not. We only find out after its to late

Lets audit the FED first

-Geaux

Great deal!! I'm glad he vetoed that Bullshit!! To much Military pork, fuck the military, its too damn bloated anyways..

Hey I thought you Cons, Tea Maggots were AGAINST BIG GOVERNMENT?? , shrinking Government starts with the Military!!

In case you didn't realize it, the Constitution delegates Congress to fund the military. How is it big government for the government to do one of the few things government was delegated to do. You confuse big government with more money than you like being spent on something for which the Constitution say it can be spent.

Forum List

Back