Obama refuses to wear American flag pin in public

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
First Obama announces that we should sit down and talk with our enemies, as though they had any interest in compromising. Then he says that we should bomb our friends in the Middle East.

Now he announces that he won't wear an American flag pin on his lapel during public appearances.

Is Barack Obama trying to lose the 2008 election? His actions certainly point to that conclusion. I, for one, am happy to help fulfill his (apparent) wish.

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S2JKG02&show_article=1

Obama Stops Wearing Flag Pin

Oct 4 03:06 PM US/Eastern

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said he doesn't wear the American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Asked about the decision Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped doing so shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

"The truth is that right after 9-11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9-11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

Obama was campaigning in Iowa Thursday, the second day of a four-day trip to the early voting state.

Title of Thread Should Read:

Obama Refuses to Bow at the Altar of Political Correctness

Let's face it...

WM03Sun12.jpg

allen-701846.jpg

770957170_6bc36e3b29.jpg

..wearing a flag lapel pin isn't the end-all-be-all of what makes a good politician.

Title of Thread Should Read:

Obama Refuses to Bow at the Altar of Political Correctness

Let's face it...

WM03Sun12.jpg

allen-701846.jpg

770957170_6bc36e3b29.jpg

..wearing a flag lapel pin isn't the end-all-be-all of what makes a good politician.

Good point! Some of the people that wear the pin do not respect what it stands for. I am more interested on where he stands rather than his conforming with the Sheeple!

Correct. It merely gives you an idea of how he feels about our country.

Obama prefers not wearing the flag pin, over wearing it. And this at a time when we have been attacked, and are at war with people who have killed thousands of us and constantly express an intention to kill more.

This would have told me all I need to know about Barack Obama... even if I didn't already know he was a liberal extremist.

Obama prefers not wearing the flag pin, over wearing it. And this at a time when we have been attacked, and are at war with people who have killed thousands of us and constantly express an intention to kill more.

This would have told me all I need to know about Barack Obama... even if I didn't already know he was a liberal extremist.

Are you wearing a flag lapel pin right now? Does that tell us how you feel about this country? I'm not wearing one right now... does that tell anyone how I feel about this country?

Your mock outrage wears thin.

The others on this thread are obviously very polite and patient people, but I will try to cut to the chase and express what I feel to be the prevailing sentiment.

You're a fucking moron.

Oops, is that not reasoned discourse???

First Obama announces that we should sit down and talk with our enemies, as though they had any interest in compromising. Then he says that we should bomb our friends in the Middle East.

Obama said we should sit down so we don't create more enemies and that we should attempt to resolve our problems with others and to find common ground just like Reagan did with the Soviet Union. You don't ignore others or attempt to tell the population of entire countries that when our votes affect them that they have to accept the outcome even though they can't vote in our elections. I agree with Obama that we should sit down with anyone who is willing to talk even if nothing comes of it. This doesn't mean that we have to compromise or give in to all of their requests anymore than it means that they have to compromise with us or give in to all of our requests but it does mean that you talk to those who disagree with you and not assume that simply because you can vote that it gives you the right to affect people who live thousands of miles away and can't vote in our elections without having to listen to them or their leaders.

Also, Obama didn't say we should bomb our friends in the Middle East. Obama said if the Presidents of Afghanistan and Pakistan were not willing to act on ACTIONABLE intelligence about the location of our enemies that he would go in and act on that intelligence (by the way this speech was written by people with years of experience in foreign relations). He never once said we would bomb any country in the Middle East but he sure as hell made it quite clear that he would protect this country from terrorists even if our allies would not help us when there was actionable intelligence. For once we have a Presidential candidate who is willing to do what is necessary to eliminate Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda. Obama knows full well that our enemy is Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda and that they intend us harm and that our priority should be on finding them, eliminating the threat and preventing them from having the ability to plan further attacks on America. He understands that our presence in Iraq isn't doing this and is only creating more terrorists and he is correct in stating that if there is ever a piece of actionable intelligence on the whereabouts of terrorist cells that he will act upon it as President even if the leaders of those countries do not want to help or seek to prevent us from doing so.

Now he announces that he won't wear an American flag pin on his lapel during public appearances.

Obama understands that true Americans do not place undue faith in the flag but recognize it as symbolic of what we believe and that those who would hijack the flag (i.e., you) and would use it as a weapon are wrong. The flag is far more sacred than that and anyone who thinks otherwise should be ashamed of themselves. I agree with Obama what real patriotism is and won't accept a substitute for that. The flag is merely a symbol and those who place their faith in symbols and try to appeal to the emotionalism of the symbol are truly ignorant to believe that Americans will fall for that. There are always going to be stupid people who do but there are others who want substance and I commend Obama for choosing substance over symbol. I only wish Bush would offer us substance instead of attempting to shroud his opinion as an individual behind the flag.

Indeed it does tell us everything we need to know about Obama. It tells us that he puts real patriotism ahead of symbols. That he chooses to talk about matters of substance instead of trying to hide behind a symbol in the hope that Americans would be so stupid as not to look beyond the symbol and at the substance of what is being said. This is what Bush and those who support him continue to do. They attempt to use the symbol as a weapon to silence those who disagree with them and avoid having to answer questions or provide solutions. Your comments here are proof enough of this and proves Obama is right on this. You don't want to talk about what he has said so you choose to focus on him choosing not to wear the flag and you choose to use this as a weapon against those who disagree with you. I commend Obama for not doing so even though I don't always agree with the man.

Actually, it doesn't. It gives you an idea of what he thinks of people who use our flag as some phony show of "patriotism".

I agree completely and I for one am tired of those people. They always try to avoid the issues and use our flag as a weapon. I also don't like how they dishonor our flag and what it represents. I do not like it when they do things that are disrespectful of what the flag represents while hiding behind it. I for one agree with Obama bout the "phony show of patriotism" and think it is good that he is willing to take the lead and show Americans what true patriotism is about by doing this.

The others on this thread are obviously very polite and patient people, but I will try to cut to the chase and express what I feel to be the prevailing sentiment.

You're a fucking moron.

Oops, is that not reasoned discourse???

How dare you show me up like this. I wanted to be the first to tell him he was a fucking moron and to say a few choice words but now it won't have as much of an impact. :wtf: Putting aside my fake outrage over you telling him he is a fucking moron I would like to commend you for expressing everyone's sentiment so eloquently. I also think it was a very reasoned response to the idiotic comments he has made here. So I would like to thank you for saying what needed to be said. :clap2:

Little-Acorn said:

Actually, it doesn't.
Thanks for the mind-reading service. What do I owe you? BTW, do you give a discount for being 100% wrong?

Heee heee... it's always a hoot when a liberal tries to tell a conservative what the conservative thinks. Reminds me of a blind man trying to tell a person with 20/20 vision what things look like. How delusional do these people have to be, to try stuff like that and think they're going to be listened to?

I bet you have one of those made in china "yellow ribbon" bumper magnets, don't you? :badgrin:

Thanks for the mind-reading service. What do I owe you? BTW, do you give a discount for being 100% wrong?

Heee heee... it's always a hoot when a liberal tries to tell a conservative what the conservative thinks. Reminds me of a blind man trying to tell a person with 20/20 vision what things look like. How delusional do these people have to be, to try stuff like that and think they're going to be listened to?

Actually, I find it funnier when people like you try to say what democrats feel.

As for the discount...well, responding to you is two minutes of my life I'll never get back. :eusa_think:

Actually, it doesn't. It gives you an idea of what he thinks of people who use our flag as some phony show of "patriotism".

No doubt....If you're not a patriot and pin the flag on your lapel, you certainly are guilty of some phony show of "patriotism".....get it?

Yeeeeaaaa..

Im going to have to side with Jillian on this one. If your sense of patriotism is defined by a yellow car magnet made in china or a flag pin then I think you are missing the point entirely. I'm glad obama was clear about his decision not to sport the new trite yellow car magnet. It's such a case study in sociology that I almost cringe to knowing that this kind of shit is no more significant than the baby on board car signs from the 80s, saving the whales in the 90s and the fucking pet rock of the 70s.

Wearing the flag pin doesn't "define" anything....its just a public showing of how you feel about your country and you don't give a shit who sees it....just like standing up at the playing of the National Anthem or saluting the flag when in uniform....or showing respect for the flag at anyother time....

Obama, like most Libtards seems to be ashamed to show any sign patriotism in public....or maybe in his case,it is a show of false patriotism....

Forum List

Back