Obama pollster: reporters should stop covering polls in 2014

From what I've seen most polls are trying to drive opinion not reflect it. A lot of folks are very quick to use them to bolster an argument, including you. Now this, excuse me while I chuckle a bit at the hypocrisy.

No sir, I have never posted a poll and rarely comment on poll threads except perhaps to say just how stupid/fallible they are. During election season when this board is swamped with crap like "Rasmussen has X up by X points" I always wish they had a sub-forum to dump such transitory garbage in.

Ok, but don't be surprised if you're reminded about this thread come next August.
Pity you are not so vigilant for hypocrites among your conservative brethren.

No sir, I have never posted a poll and rarely comment on poll threads except perhaps to say just how stupid/fallible they are. During election season when this board is swamped with crap like "Rasmussen has X up by X points" I always wish they had a sub-forum to dump such transitory garbage in.

Ok, but don't be surprised if you're reminded about this thread come next August.
Pity you are not so vigilant for hypocrites among your conservative brethren.

I called one out the other night that was using out of context quotes, if I see it I'm not shy about saying something.

Public opinion polls suck because the only ones who actually participate are people who have a spare half hour around dinner time to answer stupid slanted questions. When someone posts an article about a poll here they might just as well say: Hey look what a bunch of no life, land line holdout geriatrics think about this or that.

Damn, you're sounding like a republican from 2012, that really is too funny.

It's the truth isn't it? I find them to be the worst kind of news story, none of them give you any info you can use to form a constructive opinion, at best it just shows you what the sheep have been fooled into believing.

If one ignores the news headlines and the spin and looks in detail at the question(s) asked and the replies polls can sometimes be interesting. Imo.

63% of Americans Lack Confidence in Obama’s Ability to Make Decisions

January 27, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

There are the latest results from the ABC/Washington Post poll and I would call that a crisis of confidence. Men have some or no confidence in Obama’s ability to “make the right decisions for the country’s future” by 67-32. Among women, it’s 59-41.

63 percent of self-identified moderates and 36 percent of liberals have also lost confidence in Obama. Whites have lost confidence in Obama by 74 to 26, but non-whites still back him 58 to 41.

Republicans lead 44 to 37 in confidence handling the economy and 44 to 34 on the budget deficit, but Democrats are still ahead on health care, despite everything. More problematically, the Democrats win the ‘helping the middle class’ question by 46 to 35. These are numbers that the GOP really needs to focus on changing.

63% of Americans Lack Confidence in Obama?s Ability to Make Decisions | FrontPage Magazine

Forum List

Back