Obama nailed this

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Obama, on a visit to Tanzania, promised to supply all the information requested by European allies regarding the spying allegations, which he said Washington was still evaluating.

"Every intelligence service, not just ours, but every European intelligence service, every Asian intelligence service, wherever there's an intelligence service, here's one thing they're going to be doing: they're going to be trying to understand the world better and what's going on in world capitals around the world from sources that aren't available through the New York Times or NBC News," Obama said.

"If that weren't the case, then there would be no use for an intelligence service. And I guarantee you that in European capitals, there are people who are interested in - if not what I had for breakfast - at least what my talking points might be should I end up meeting with their leaders. That's how intelligence services operate."

U.S. seeks to calm European outrage over alleged spying

:eusa_silenced:

Obama, on a visit to Tanzania, promised to supply all the information requested by European allies regarding the spying allegations, which he said Washington was still evaluating.

"Every intelligence service, not just ours, but every European intelligence service, every Asian intelligence service, wherever there's an intelligence service, here's one thing they're going to be doing: they're going to be trying to understand the world better and what's going on in world capitals around the world from sources that aren't available through the New York Times or NBC News," Obama said.

"If that weren't the case, then there would be no use for an intelligence service. And I guarantee you that in European capitals, there are people who are interested in - if not what I had for breakfast - at least what my talking points might be should I end up meeting with their leaders. That's how intelligence services operate."

U.S. seeks to calm European outrage over alleged spying

:eusa_silenced:

That's one way of describing what everyone does...but I would not exactly call it nailing it.

What a freaking jerk. Compare president Hussein's constant groveling tours with Reagan's "Mr Gorby tear down this wall" and you get an idea of which president was the statesman.

Why does America need to 'understand' Europeans better?

Because Europeans live in the same world as us. I even understand they breathe the same oxygen. I have even heard rumors that we share common ancestors.

Sorry if that was a stupid answer. I figured it was fitting for a stupid question.

What a freaking jerk. Compare president Hussein's constant groveling tours with Reagan's "Mr Gorby tear down this wall" and you get an idea of which president was the statesman.

Totally agree!

This half-witted in the Oral Office should be stopped before he goes too far , if indeed he has not gone too far already!

And people will still deny the existence of the New World Order, even when it's printed on their fucking money.
You may recall that the term "New World Order" was mentioned by George H. W. Bush (Bush 41).

There not much difference between Republicans and Democrats on that issue.

Why does America need to 'understand' Europeans better?

Because Europeans live in the same world as us. I even understand they breathe the same oxygen. I have even heard rumors that we share common ancestors.

Sorry if that was a stupid answer. I figured it was fitting for a stupid question.

There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people who can't understand them. So I will dumb it down for you:

Why is espionage required to understand a group of people better? Sure, I want to get to know my new clients better, but I don't hack into their email accounts.

I agree with Obama on this one.

Every country under the sun spies on everyone else. Period.

The ones with the ability to do so will do it. They have been doing it for centuries. Techniques have improved since the days of spies infiltrating the enemy camp. Electronic spying expands with technological advances. With the miniature drones, there is nowhere to hide.

Electronics rules. Countries with enough money can get whatever they want.

(What I disagree with Obama on is spying randomly on US citizens.)

Last edited:
obama has no idea why people are so infuriated. He didn't only spy on governments. He spied on the citizens of other countries. He did to other citizens what he did to Americans.

The major point is what that brilliant Maxine Waters was bragging about..

In an interview with the black-oriented TV One earlier this year, U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., said the Obama era might be ending in 2016,
but his legacy would carry on in the form of “an organization that contains a kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life.”

“That’s going to be very, very powerful,” she added.

When the interviewer, Roland Martin of “Washington Watch,” asked if she was referring to Organizing for America, the new name of the original Obama for America campaign outfit, Waters agreed.

And, she added ominously: “That database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it’s never been done before.”

Those words sound kind of eerie now, given what we’ve learned about how Obama’s IRS treats citizens exercising democratic rights – and how the NSA keeps an eye on everybody else.
Maxine Waters raves about Obama?s epic database, comes back to bite her - BizPac Review

Now of course this is the same Maxine that said.
Feb 28, 2013 – If Congress allows sequestration cuts to take effect, more than 170 million Americans could lose their jobs, according to Rep. Maxine Waters ...

Forum List

Back