Obama is getting his wish... higher gas prices courtesy of Biden.. 13% increase in 1 month

However, this year President Trump did indeed impact gasoline prices.

Gasoline prices fell sharply because oil prices collapsed. President Trump influenced that by conning Saudi Arabia into increasing production and then letting Iran continue to export oil.

I would also point out that gasoline prices at this time of year are usually low, because seasonal demand is low (and it's cheaper to produce winter gasoline).

For comparison, below is the national average retail gasoline price during the first week of January over the past 12 years.
Oh....so Trump had no effect on prices......it's just that shit happens....nevermind the fact that Trump had gas prices down to where Bush had them when Osama took over. Then they went up....but OSama was never blamed for it.

160721142411-us-oil-production-soars-under-obama-780x439.jpg
Oil production had nothing to do with Obama.
They started fracking.....and Obama basically did everything he could to stop it from happening....but he couldn't grab enough land and make it a federal preserve.
He still found a way of raising gasoline prices to close to $4/gal.

So Biden destroys our energy industry turning it all over to Russia, Ukraine, and China....and screws us in the fucking ass.

The reason for the increase in oil production was NOT fracking which has been in common use for 70 years.. Most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day so fracking isn't something they can afford.

The reason production took off in the US is because the ppb was hitting $100 so everybody borrowed money and started drilling.
You are full of shit. During the Trump admin, the price per bbl never topped $75. Indeed it averaged between 40-50 dollars. Fracking was being done extensively in the US. Fuel prices in the US were lower 2016-2020 than during any other time in the last 20 years. WTI Crude Oil Prices - 10 Year Daily ChartView attachment 463729
This graph doesn't prove your point....matter of fact...it proves mine.
The difference is under Trump...we started being able to use our own oil instead of buying it from our enemies.
We had to send what we had to other countries to be refined because we haven't built a new refinery since the 70s. Then we had to buy it back from them for a jacked up price. We bought 30% of our gas from foreign refineries. But we produced more to the point where we were becoming independent from foreign oil. Biden ended that in a week. So the price started going up.
Sorry, mudwhistle, you misunderstand. Of course it proves your point, that is exactly what I was doing. I was replying to our resident oil Einstein, Surada. That moron was saying that the US didn't frack unless the price was $100 a bbl. The graph showed that the bbl price never went over $75 during his tenure. I was illustrating the point that gas prices went down when Trump was elected. BTW, I saw diesel prices close to $5 a gallon in CA under Obama--I know that wasn't the average.
Crude Oil prices don't directly transfer over to gasoline prices.....especially when your refining process changes.

Historical Oil Prices Chart - InflationData.com
  • Records
  • Example
  • Cost
  • Causes
The absolute peak occurred in June 2008 with the highest inflation adjusted monthly average crude oil price of $145.93 / barrel. From there we see one of the sharpest drops in history. Note that the fall from the 1979 peak took until 1986 (7 years) to fall as much (percentage wise) as it lost in only six months from 2008-2009.

Gasoline prices fell sharply because oil prices collapsed. President Trump influenced that by conning Saudi Arabia into increasing production and then letting Iran continue to export oil.

I would also point out that gasoline prices at this time of year are usually low, because seasonal demand is low (and it's cheaper to produce winter gasoline).

For comparison, below is the national average retail gasoline price during the first week of January over the past 12 years.
Oh....so Trump had no effect on prices......it's just that shit happens....nevermind the fact that Trump had gas prices down to where Bush had them when Osama took over. Then they went up....but OSama was never blamed for it.

They started fracking.....and Obama basically did everything he could to stop it from happening....but he couldn't grab enough land and make it a federal preserve.

So Biden destroys our energy industry turning it all over to Russia, Ukraine, and China....and screws us in the fucking ass.

The reason for the increase in oil production was NOT fracking which has been in common use for 70 years.. Most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day so fracking isn't something they can afford.

The reason production took off in the US is because the ppb was hitting $100 so everybody borrowed money and started drilling.
You are full of shit. During the Trump admin, the price per bbl never topped $75. Indeed it averaged between 40-50 dollars. Fracking was being done extensively in the US. Fuel prices in the US were lower 2016-2020 than during any other time in the last 20 years. WTI Crude Oil Prices - 10 Year Daily ChartView attachment 463729

2005$48.89$37.56$58.79Hurricane Katrina
2006$59.05$52.70$67.99Bernanke becomes Fed chair
2007$67.19$49.57$85.53Banking crisis
2008$92.57$35.59$127.77Financial crisis
2009$59.04$36.84$74.40Great Recession
2010$75.83$71.15$85.59
2011$102.58$87.61$113.02
2012$101.09$92.18$108.54Iran threatened Straits of Hormuz
2013$98.12$90.36$104.16
2014$89.63$57.36$100.26The dollar rose 15%
2015$46.34$33.16$58.89U.S. shale oil increased
2016$38.70$26.66$46.72Dollar fell
2017$48.98$44.03$57.44OPEC cut oil supply to keep prices stable
2018$61.34$42.80$67.79
2019$57.94$49.57$65.42
2020$37.24$16.74$53.96Pandemic reduced demand
Thank you. You just made MY point--Where during the low prices of the Trump admin did the bbl price ever approach $100? Do you even read what you write?

The difference is under Trump...we started being able to use our own oil instead of buying it from our enemies.
We had to send what we had to other countries to be refined because we haven't built a new refinery since the 70s. Then we had to buy it back from them for a jacked up price. We bought 30% of our gas from foreign refineries. But we produced more to the point where we were becoming independent from foreign oil. Biden ended that in a week. So the price started going up.
Sorry, mudwhistle, you misunderstand. Of course it proves your point, that is exactly what I was doing. I was replying to our resident oil Einstein, Surada. That moron was saying that the US didn't frack unless the price was $100 a bbl. The graph showed that the bbl price never went over $75 during his tenure. I was illustrating the point that gas prices went down when Trump was elected. BTW, I saw diesel prices close to $5 a gallon in CA under Obama--I know that wasn't the average.
Crude Oil prices don't directly transfer over to gasoline prices.....especially when your refining process changes.
Not directly, but nothing effects the price more. I take issue with your statement that we didn't increase refining capacity since the 70s. That was absolutely true under the Clinton admin, but W ran on and did increase the US refining capacity during his admin. Obama came along and like Biden, did his best to put us at the same price level as Europe and the rest of the world.

Harwood: So could these high prices help us?
Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment.

The Biden administration has suspended new leasing for fossil fuel production on federal lands and waters,
as well as the issuance of new drilling permits, in what could be a major blow to Texas's oil industry.

View attachment 463656
Biden should be proud....he's been able to do in a month what Obama never could do in 8 years.....raise the price of gas a dollar in TN, 2 dollars in CA.

View attachment 463665
Not true. Obama drove gas prices up by nearly $3 in his first year.
$1.35 in Tennessee on Jan 12, 2009 to over $4 by summer 2010.

Not directly, but nothing effects the price more. I take issue with your statement that we didn't increase refining capacity since the 70s. That was absolutely true under the Clinton admin, but W ran on and did increase the US refining capacity during his admin. Obama came along and like Biden, did his best to put us at the same price level as Europe and the rest of the world.
We haven't been allowed to build a new refinery since the 70s....is what I said.

The Keystone XL will never house gasoline type oil just asphalt oil. So, the price of gas is a gratuitously gift from the petroleum industry since it is a free market commodity and the price is set by those in the stock market ...I am not amazed at the total ignorance of the Trump humpers that blame Biden for the price of gas which has been rising since April of last year and you never said a word when Trump was president..
That's a lie. Gas hasn't risen this fast during Trump's Trump's administration.

We haven't been allowed to build a new refinery since the 70s....is what I said.

You want to build a new refinery? They just retooled 5 or 6 refineries in the MidWest to handle Canadian sludge.. Well, not just.. must be about 7-8 years ago by now.

The Saudis expanded Motiva.

The Keystone XL will never house gasoline type oil just asphalt oil. So, the price of gas is a gratuitously gift from the petroleum industry since it is a free market commodity and the price is set by those in the stock market ...I am not amazed at the total ignorance of the Trump humpers that blame Biden for the price of gas which has been rising since April of last year and you never said a word when Trump was president..

You should filter your BS.

You should filter your BS.
You should eat shit.

You want to build a new refinery? They just retooled 5 or 6 refineries in the MidWest to handle Canadian sludge.. Well, not just.. must be about 7-8 years ago by now.

Again....we haven't been allowed to build any new ones since the 70s.
Why is that?

I have no comment on anything you said.

Why is that?

Its pretty simple really.. Nobody wants a refinery in their back yard.

Planning the First U.S. Refinery in 30 Years : NPR
Jun 15, 2005 · Another is community opposition. No one wants an oil refinery in their back yard, no one except a lot of people here in the rural Wellton-Mohawk Valley.

We have allowed new refineries to be built since the seventies.

The newest refineries currently operating in the United States

Year builtFirst operatedLocationOriginal ownerOriginal capacity b/cdCurrent owner2020 Capacity b/cd
20182019Channelview, TexasTarga Resources35,000Targa Resources35,000
20162017Corpus Christi, TexasMagellan Midstream Partners42,500Magellan Midstream Partners42,500
20152015Corpus Christi, TexasBuckeye Partners46,250Buckeye Partners60,000
20152015Houston, TexasPetromax Refining 25,000Petromax Refining25,000
Dickinson, North Dakota
Dakota Prairie Refining19,000Marathon19,000
20142015Galena Park, TexasKinder Morgan42,000Kinder Morgan84,000
19981998Atmore, AlabamaGoodway4,100Goodway4,100
19931993Valdez, AlaskaPetro Star26,300Petro Star55,000
19911992Ely, NevadaPetro Source7,000Foreland2,000
19861987North Pole, AlaskaPetro Star6,700Petro Star19,700
19851986Prudhoe Bay, AlaskaARCO12,000ConocoPhillips15,000
19791980Wilmington, CaliforniaHuntway5,400Valero6,300
19781979Vicksburg, MississippiErgon10,000Ergon26,500
19781979North Slope, AlaskaARCO13,000BP Exploration, Alaska6,500
19771978Lake Charles, LouisianaCalcasieu6,500Calcasieu128,000
19761977Garyville, LouisianaMarathon200,000Marathon564,000
19761977Krotz Springs, LouisianaGold King5,000Delek80,000
19751975Corpus Christi, TexasSaber15,000Valero290,000

The Biden administration has suspended new leasing for fossil fuel production on federal lands and waters,
as well as the issuance of new drilling permits, in what could be a major blow to Texas's oil industry.

View attachment 463656
Oil was -$8.00 a barrel back in like April. What caused it to go up so much during the tRump administration?
Again... you don't supply ANY proof of your totally out of whack statement.
Exactly where did you get that oil at $8.00/barrel?
FACTS with LINKS.
Where in the below chart in the last 5 years was oil at $8.00 a barrel?
View attachment 463725
Not 8, negative 8.

Why is that?

Its pretty simple really.. Nobody wants a refinery in their back yard.

Planning the First U.S. Refinery in 30 Years : NPR
Jun 15, 2005 · Another is community opposition. No one wants an oil refinery in their back yard, no one except a lot of people here in the rural Wellton-Mohawk Valley.
Well generally many of them were in Houston which is where the oil fields are. And those refineries provide jobs.
I guess you never saw Urban Cowboy.

But if they put some in North Dakota...I don't think anyone would complain.

Year builtFirst operatedLocationOriginal ownerOriginal capacity b/cdCurrent owner2020 Capacity b/cd
20162017Corpus Christi, TexasMagellan Midstream Partners42,500Magellan Midstream Partners42,500
20152015Houston, TexasPetromax Refining25,000Petromax Refining25,000
Dickinson, North Dakota

Funny....but what do they produce? 3000 gals of gas per day?
The last big refinery was built in 1977 in Garyville, LA. It produces 564,000 barrels fuel per day...more than all of those puny refineries produce put together.

From your link:

"However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2020, it had a capacity of 578,000 b/cd."​
Note the comment...."with significant downstream unit capacity". So essentially.....those tiny refineries are a drop in the bucket in what is needed for producing enough gas for American consumers.....and thus are totally inconsequential to this discussion.

View attachment 463656
Oil was -$8.00 a barrel back in like April. What caused it to go up so much during the tRump administration?
Again... you don't supply ANY proof of your totally out of whack statement.
Exactly where did you get that oil at $8.00/barrel?
FACTS with LINKS.
Where in the below chart in the last 5 years was oil at $8.00 a barrel?
View attachment 463725
Not 8, negative 8.

I am going to do something I'm 100% confident you will never do.
Admit I was wrong. Your link was accurate. I didn't go deep enough.
I was wrong. That doesn't though excuse the fact it took my continual requesting for links. I don't understand why
it is so difficult to provide a link.
Again something I'm 100% confident you will never do...admit I was wrong. But that is what people like me do.
We make mistakes for sure. We are not pompous enough to provide statements with out links or not admit when we are wrong!

Dickinson, North Dakota

The last big refinery was built in 1977 in Garyville, LA. It produces 564,000 barrels fuel per day...more than all of those puny refineries produce put together.

From your link:

"However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2020, it had a capacity of 578,000 b/cd."​
Note the comment...."with significant downstream unit capacity". So essentially.....those tiny refineries are a drop in the bucket in what is needed for producing enough gas for American consumers.....and thus are totally inconsequential to this discussion.
You are cherry picking info out of the link. You seem obsessed with this statement--"with significant downstream unit capacity" Garyville is capable of 200K bbls. What happens if that one refinery goes down. My link also disproved your statement that NO refinery has been built since the 70's when in fact, six have been built just since 2014 with a cumulative capacity of 200K bbls when built that has been increased to 265K bbls/day in 2020. What would you rather have--one refinery that can produce 200K that can be taken out with one disaster or six that can produce more that cannot be disabled so easily. Goes back to the old saying "Don't put all of your eggs in one basket." But, back to your original point in which you seem hell bent on fighting me over--It is all moot because CCP Joe IS the disaster that shut it all down and gasoline prices are skyrocketing as a result.

Dickinson, North Dakota

From your link:

You are cherry picking info out of the link. You seem obsessed with this statement--"with significant downstream unit capacity" Garyville is capable of 200K bbls. What happens if that one refinery goes down. My link also disproved your statement that NO refinery has been built since the 70's when in fact, six have been built just since 2014 with a cumulative capacity of 200K bbls when built that has been increased to 265K bbls/day in 2020. What would you rather have--one refinery that can produce 200K that can be taken out with one disaster or six that can produce more that cannot be disabled so easily. Goes back to the old saying "Don't put all of your eggs in one basket." But, back to your original point in which you seem hell bent on fighting me over--It is all moot because CCP Joe IS the disaster that shut it all down and gasoline prices are skyrocketing as a result.
You're cherry-picking my post. Garyville was producing 578,000 in 2020, not 200K.
The information I gave you was that no refinery (that could produce anything of significance) was built after the 70s, which your reference verified.
And you also proved my point that much of our refinery capacity is isolated to only a small number of facilities.

So what exactly are you trying to prove other than that my claim was pretty much correct and that we are in a very serious state when it comes to energy production in the country.

Last edited:

View attachment 463656

The reason for rising gas prices is Donald Trump. It was Trump who brokered a agreement for OPEC to cut production and raise oil prices. What happens is when you get a ball rolling one way sometimes it is very hard to stop it. In addition incompetent Texas Republicans have also contributed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back