Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

If daddy used the money to get the kid a private school education, you going to remove his brain?

so passing ill gotten gains to the kids is a okay??

The kid should not be punished for the stupidity of our government's past policies. Your analogy is flawed. You would throw a kid in jail because his dad was a bank robber.

would you let him keep the stolen money? that's the question at hand. Yes, or no?

still waiting mr. g..

Last edited:
If republicans decide to stand against these people, it's a losing position for them. Don't forget hispanics are a ever growing slice of the electorate, and it is actually very reasonable to let them stay since they have lived in America almost their entire lifes. Just get over it and move forward.

We don't know how long they've been in america and there's no way to prove it. You can buy school documents on every street corner. The fraud here will be incredible and this talk of 800,000 is a lie. It will be ten times that.

Why can't we have a president who will enforce the law?. DEPORT ALL KNOWN ILLEGALS - NO EXCEPTIONS.

Well I think something has to be done about this issue of imigration. Yes the borders must be safer and illegal immigration should be discouraged, but there has got to be a more comprehensive solution than just "send them all away".

If daddy used the money to get the kid a private school education, you going to remove his brain?

so passing ill gotten gains to the kids is a okay??

The kid should not be punished for the stupidity of our government's past policies. Your analogy is flawed. You would throw a kid in jail because his dad was a bank robber.

You are being intentionally obtuse.

If a child should not be punished because of parental wrongdoing should they be rewarded? No one says the children should be thrown in jail, although the parents should be. The children should be deported back to their countries or origin where they likely hold citizenship and have extended family to care for them.

A mexican child here illegally undoubtably stlll has mexican citizenship. Send them back to the countries where they are citizens.

[

Nobody is punishing the kid. We're just saying enforce the law. If an american citizen robs a bank and goes to prison, that will mean problems for his kids too but you accept that.!

"Poll shows", "study says" "according to some people"

Those are all "Weasel Words."

I'm sure we can do a poll now and it will prove that moonglow is a troll, then I can write a post complete with "weasel words" that says "Poll Shows Moonglow Is a Troll."

The poll really said that 64% of Americans don't think that the illegals brought here as children are criminals. The question wasn't asked whether they should receive the benefit of parental wrongdoing.

If a child really wants a bicycle and daddy steals one and gets caught, does the kid get to keep the bicycle because he didn't steal it himself?

That wasn't my point......

My point was that half the shit you read is bullshit because the majority of journalists are dishonest or have a partisan agenda....

IMO, polls and studies mean absolutely nothing to me..... You cant poll or study 10,000 people and draw a conclusion on what 300,000,000 Americans opinions are.

Polls and studies can "prove" anything you want the to prove just as long as you target the right demographic...

These days a lot of polls and studies are only done to make a political point...

There are only a couple polls I trust. Such as Gallup and Rasmussen.

Damn.

No wonder Mitt Romney sounded like he swallowed his tongue when he was asked if he'd reverse it.

Immigration

he said exactly how I feel.

The policy is a sound one...the way it was implemented was against the oath of the President.

When he swore to uphold the law, he did not mean "except the laws that I bypass becuase I dont like them"

Well...maybe he did mean that....but that is not what the oath was designed for.

President Barack Obama's high-profile shift on immigration last week—announcing plans to grant temporary legal status to as many as 800,000 undocumented people brought to American soil as children—has the overwhelming support of likely voters in a new Bloomberg poll released Tuesday.

Sixty-four percent of them—and 66 percent of independents, the frequently up-for-grabs voters thought to decide elections—support the president's decision. The White House has forcefully (and rather implausibly) denied that Obama sought political gain from his announcement. But as recently as March 2011, he had said publicly that he lacked the power to halt such deportations.

The Bloomberg survey found that just 30 percent of likely voters disagreed with the president's plan. Fifty-six percent of likely Republican voters opposed it, while 86 percent of Democrats supported it. Just 26 percent of independents sided with the Republican majority in the poll.

The results surely cheered Obama's re-election campaign, which has been working to reassemble the victorious coalition that powered his history-making 2008 win—but it faces an uphill fight in the face of deep pessimism about the economy.
Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Oblama blackens repubs eye

Once the Obama kool-aid wears off, they'll realize it wasn't such a hot idea because now Americans will have to fight these Third World invaders for jobs.

Damn.

No wonder Mitt Romney sounded like he swallowed his tongue when he was asked if he'd reverse it.

Immigration

The policy is a sound one...the way it was implemented was against the oath of the President.

When he swore to uphold the law, he did not mean "except the laws that I bypass becuase I dont like them"

Well...maybe he did mean that....but that is not what the oath was designed for.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter how sound something that Obama approves is, it'll never garner any republican votes in congress.

If what he did was illegal? How come the House does not file suit or send the Senate articles of impeachment for it?

Damn.

Immigration

Yeah, but it doesn't matter how sound something that Obama approves is, it'll never garner any republican votes in congress.

the program lasts only two years.

It's still unconstitutional for obozo to simply refuse to enforce laws passed by congress. The constitution says the president "shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Not to mention it's illegal for a President to just enact a law on his own without going through Congress first.

If republicans decide to stand against these people, it's a losing position for them. Don't forget hispanics are a ever growing slice of the electorate, and it is actually very reasonable to let them stay since they have lived in America almost their entire lifes. Just get over it and move forward.

Who gives a flying pile of fecal matter what it'll do to them with Hispanics. What they lose in hispanic votes they will gain in the other groups, the groups who have to compete for jobs with illegals.

This should be no surprise. Voters have been against harsh treatment of undocumented immigrants for years. They have strongly opposed deportation as a solutions and have favored the Dream Act

And what parallel universe did you get that idea from?

The headlines from yahoo news might as well be a DNC press release..

Obama immigration shift A HIT with voters..

pathetic

Last edited:

Forum List

Back