Obama finally decides he's "embarrassed"

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I thought this was The Onion swinging into action again.

But sure enough, the President actually did say that, about the letter Republicans sent.

This comes from a President who declared a Red Line and said that Syria had better not cross it. They promptly crossed it, and he did... nothing.

But he wasn't embarrassed by that.

Then he declared his new heath care plan didn't have any new taxes in it, to get various Democrat congressmen to vote for it. The ink was barely dry on the vote tally, when his cohorts were telling the Supreme Court that of course those so-called "penalties" filling the bill, were actually taxes.

But he wasn't embarrassed by that, either.

And when he declared that "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"... and millions of Americans subsequently found their doctor was not included in the health plan they were forced to switch to...

He wasn't embarrassed by that, either.

But when half the Senate pointed out (in public) that the deal he was negotiating with a terrorist nation to let them develop nuclear weapons, was a bad deal and unlikely to be ratified by the Senate (as constitutionally required)...

...NOW he's embarrassed, he says.

In other words, it doesn't matter how many lies he tells, promises he breaks, or terrorist nations he surrenders to. He's only embarrassed if people POINT OUT IN PUBLIC that he's lying, breaking promises, and failing to protect the U.S from terrorists with nukes. He just can't tolerate people POINTING IT OUT IN PUBLIC.

---------------------------------------

Obama embarrassed for Iran letter signatories - Yahoo News

Obama 'embarrassed' for Iran letter signatories

AFP
14 hours ago

Washington (AFP) - US President Barack Obama said he was "embarrassed" for Republicans who signed a controversial letter warning Iran's leaders about reaching a nuclear deal with the White House.

"I am embarrassed for them," Obama said in an interview with Vice media, which is expected to be released Monday.

"For them to address a letter to the Ayatollah who, they claim, is our mortal enemy and their basic argument to them is: don't deal with our president because you can't trust him to follow through on an agreement. It's close to unprecedented."

Forty-seven Senate Republicans -- including several potential 2016 presidential candidates -- signed the open letter to Iran's supreme leader published earlier this month.

Republicans warned any deal agreed before Obama leaves office in 2017 is "nothing more than an executive agreement between President Barack Obama and Ayatollah Khamenei."

"The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time," they added.

All congressmen knew what Obamacare was about. It didn't matter what Obama said or didn't say. Don't give your lawmakers easy passes.

We have the most pitiful, inept Congress I have ever witnessed. They are embarrassing. They do make us laughingstocks all around the world.

And it has ALL been brought to us by the Republicans in that Congress.

But this letter was way over the top. From what I read, a lot of the Senators signing this letter now are having second thoughts and third thoughts. And I was so glad to send an e mail to my Senator (Portman) advising him that I thought he was a traitor and that he didn't have to worry about my voting for him again.

When you side with another country like these Senator assholes did, you are a traitor. Plain and simple.
These assholes are actively telling the Iranians to go ahead with their nuke plans. We here in the USA are not going to try and stop it. Not even with a treaty signed by multiple countries.

The Repubs in the Senate are traitors. And just like they hate Onamacare but have no alternative to replace it with. They hate that Iran might make a nuke, but they have no alternative to stop it from happening. Other than war and maybe nuking them.

See a pattern here?

We have the most pitiful, inept Congress I have ever witnessed. They are embarrassing. They do make us laughingstocks all around the world.

And it has ALL been brought to us by the Republicans in that Congress.

But this letter was way over the top. From what I read, a lot of the Senators signing this letter now are having second thoughts and third thoughts. And I was so glad to send an e mail to my Senator (Portman) advising him that I thought he was a traitor and that he didn't have to worry about my voting for him again.

When you side with another country like these Senator assholes did, you are a traitor. Plain and simple.
These assholes are actively telling the Iranians to go ahead with their nuke plans. We here in the USA are not going to try and stop it. Not even with a treaty signed by multiple countries.

The Repubs in the Senate are traitors. And just like they hate Onamacare but have no alternative to replace it with. They hate that Iran might make a nuke, but they have no alternative to stop it from happening. Other than war and maybe nuking them.

See a pattern here?
Yeah, another leftist that can't see the forest for the trees

Yea, and another right winger that can't put forth a coherent thought as to why this letter was a good idea.
But don't worry. Even the letter signers can't figure out why this was suck a good idea. Of course, it's a little late now.

B

Yea, and another right winger that can't put forth a coherent thought as to why this letter was a good idea.
But don't worry. Even the letter signers can't figure out why this was suck a good idea. Of course, it's a little late now.

B

Bleh, go worship your Obama pic....take hand lotion

A

Obama Derangement Syndrome got you down this morning?

Can you form a coherent thought as to why you think this letter was a good idea. Or have I read your best thoughts on the subject already? Which amounted to nothing worth reading.

YOU want me to write your next response for you? "Obama blah blah blah blah." ODS strikes again.

A

Obama Derangement Syndrome got you down this morning?

Can you form a coherent thought as to why you think this letter was a good idea. Or have I read your best thoughts on the subject already? Which amounted to nothing worth reading.

YOU want me to write your next response for you? "Obama blah blah blah blah." ODS strikes again.

You obviously have issues. Relax fella, not everybody is dazzled by the Boy King you worship

Reagan gave the Iran regime weapons. But he's still the wingnut wankers' biggest hero. Conservative chickhawks are still a global punchline since their Iraq War clusterf___ .

I'm okay with Iran having nukes. In fact, with warmongerers in the US and Israel bloviating about war (with other people's sons doing the fighting as usual) , who can blame Iran for wanting the shield that nukes give them?

All congressmen knew what Obamacare was about. It didn't matter what Obama said or didn't say. Don't give your lawmakers easy passes.
That's why the exempted themselves from Obamacare. That should of been a huge red light right there.

the day of his coronation (swearing in) I've been EMBARRASSED to call him my President. When I saw the people they bused in for it (singing hey goodbye to President Bush) and those speakers he had.

that was it for me.

the day of his coronation (swearing in) I've been EMBARRASSED to call him my President. When I saw the people they bused in for it (singing hey goodbye to President Bush) and those speakers he had.

that was it for me.

I knew he was a phony (one of the) first time(s) I saw him at the 2004 DNC.

Forum List

Back