Obama dog: This is NOT change

Do you know what the type and severity is of the Obama kid's allergies?

It can't be too bad, they're around the mutt Obama and his beast of a wife all day long.

Another racist comment from another jackass from backwards ass Arkansas. Boy, not shocking you'd say something like that

What's racist about stating the truth? By definition, Obama is a mutt. Period.

His wife being a beast has nothing to do with race. She's just a classless piece of trash, regardless of her skin color.

Another racist accusation from another piece of shit finger-pointing liberal. Boy, not shocking you'd think something like this is racist.

Also, clearly you know nothing about Arkansas. Backwards? Hardly.

Dogs do what you tell them to do! Thats why they look to us for guidance. There is a difference between animals & humans. Animals dont understand malice. Its the ignorant people like you that Im talking about.
Malice has nothing to do with it.

Malice has alot to do with it. Dogs live in the moment & dont hold grudges, unlike people. People are the ones who train dogs to be aggressive, wither around other dogs or children or what ever. Whither they realize it or not, people cause dogs to behave in the way that they do.
All the dog attacks that you see on the news where a pitbull or other "aggressive bred" has attacked a child is due to lack of leadership and discipline in the owner.
As a reminder, all dogs are capable of aggression towards humans. Golden Retrievers & Labs are among the the leading causes of bites and attacks.
Malice has nothing to do with it...I doubt dogs feel malice. I think Peejay explained it pretty well above. Dogs are pack animals, they look to the alpha leader for guidance. Often that leader is a human. The other humans in the dog's life are pack mates and subject to a fight for dominance. Heck, even the alpha dog is subject to a fight for dominance.

Dogs do what you tell them to do! Thats why they look to us for guidance. There is a difference between animals & humans. Animals dont understand malice. Its the ignorant people like you that Im talking about.

Animals also do what they are bred to do, unless you break them down and take it from them. Bird dogs don't have to be told to be agressive with birds. They just are. Rotties need little help with herding. They just do it.

You can try this crap all day but dog breeds were made to produce results. And they do. Trying to say that a pit bull won't bite on his own is like trying to tell me that a chihuahua isn't small on his own. They were bred that way. A pitbulls bite characterisitics are just as breed engineered as a chihuahuas size.

And Golden Retrievers are suppose to be gentle family dogs but they are the number 3 biter in the country. All dogs bite. KIDS BITE, all because they wernt taught NOT to bite.
Golden's don't have a reputation for killing, however. There is a difference.

Animals also do what they are bred to do, unless you break them down and take it from them. Bird dogs don't have to be told to be agressive with birds. They just are. Rotties need little help with herding. They just do it.

You can try this crap all day but dog breeds were made to produce results. And they do. Trying to say that a pit bull won't bite on his own is like trying to tell me that a chihuahua isn't small on his own. They were bred that way. A pitbulls bite characterisitics are just as breed engineered as a chihuahuas size.

And Golden Retrievers are suppose to be gentle family dogs but they are the number 3 biter in the country. All dogs bite. KIDS BITE, all because they wernt taught NOT to bite.

Well yes. There is an age old test you can apply about biting: Does it have teeth?

Pit Bulls are generally not man biters, by nature. They have to be taught that, generally. They also have to be taught not to bite and try to kill other animals. They do this instinctively. The most dangerous thing is the equipment the pity bull was equipped to bite you with. It makes him a little more dangerous than other breeds. He was intentionally given a large and powerful bite.

Boxers, OTOH, ARE man biters. They are great family dogs and will never bite your kids but the meter man? The neighbors kids? Oh yeah.....they will bit the hell out of a stranger with little warning.

My dad raised both of these breeds. I can tell you all about the mentality of a dog bite.

Stats on actual number of bites, by breed, are misleading. There are many more golden retrievers than say, mastiffs, as household pets. It's kind of like saying that more people choke on sterak every year than whale guts, therefore, steak is inherently more dangerous to eat than whale guts.

Malice has nothing to do with it.

Malice has alot to do with it. Dogs live in the moment & dont hold grudges, unlike people. People are the ones who train dogs to be aggressive, wither around other dogs or children or what ever. Whither they realize it or not, people cause dogs to behave in the way that they do.
All the dog attacks that you see on the news where a pitbull or other "aggressive bred" has attacked a child is due to lack of leadership and discipline in the owner.
As a reminder, all dogs are capable of aggression towards humans. Golden Retrievers & Labs are among the the leading causes of bites and attacks.
Malice has nothing to do with it...I doubt dogs feel malice. I think Peejay explained it pretty well above. Dogs are pack animals, they look to the alpha leader for guidance. Often that leader is a human. The other humans in the dog's life are pack mates and subject to a fight for dominance. Heck, even the alpha dog is subject to a fight for dominance.

But you see there in lies the problem. You obviously didnt read what I said. I said that Malice is only a human emotion. And I also said that dogs are pack animals. You would think that Humans are the dominate one in the family, but Humans like to humanize dogs. In a humans mind what they think is domoinate in a dogs mind is not. SO NOOO, most house hold with dogs, the dog is the dominate one. Let me ask you, when you go for a walk walk with your dog, who is walking infront of who? And if the human that you are talking about is really the pack leader than the leadership role is passed down from one human to the other & ideally the dog is at the bottom where he is happy to be. Ignorance.

Well yes. There is an age old test you can apply about biting: Does it have teeth?

Pit Bulls are generally not man biters, by nature. They have to be taught that, generally. They also have to be taught not to bite and try to kill other animals. They do this instinctively. The most dangerous thing is the equipment the pity bull was equipped to bite you with. It makes him a little more dangerous than other breeds. He was intentionally given a large and powerful bite.

Boxers, OTOH, ARE man biters. They are great family dogs and will never bite your kids but the meter man? The neighbors kids? Oh yeah.....they will bit the hell out of a stranger with little warning.

My dad raised both of these breeds. I can tell you all about the mentality of a dog bite.

Stats on actual number of bites, by breed, are misleading. There are many more golden retrievers than say, mastiffs, as household pets. It's kind of like saying that more people choke on sterak every year than whale guts, therefore, steak is inherently more dangerous to eat than whale guts.

Dont blame the steak for you not chewing properly

Once again, this is Blame the dog, cause of its genetics instead of blaming the owners for not raising it properly, sounds like you & your father really didnt know what you were doing.

Just like a kid with fireworks, Do you watch the kid causiously, or just know that he will be ok cause he is of right genetics?

Last edited:
Blame the genetics? You mean RECOGNIZE the genetics? Perhaps you would prefer that we ignore them? Like the thousands and thousands of ignorant people who rushed out to buy little Suzie a dalmation on the way home from the movie? Then Suzie got bit and the dog got chained and forgotten?

It's a two way street. I blame the genetics for my lab being an excellent bird dog. Know why? Cause that is what lends itself to making her an excellent waterdog and retriever.

You wan to fight bulls? Fine, get yourself a pit bull. That's what they were bred for. But if you want to make a lap dog out of one, you will have to tear down the dogs natural instincts. That's why when we want a retriever, we get a retriever. When we want a sheep dog, we get a herder. When we want a lap dog, we get an ornamental breed. When you want a good family dog, I guess you go for the powerful dogs built to take down large animals in blood sport.

You can blame owners for what breeders did so long ago all you want. Dogs have inherent characterisitcs. Defending yoru breed for what it is meant for is much easier. Trying to make out that pit bulls are ideal pets is bull shit. If you admire the breed, that's great, get one. But when the kids climb over the fence for a baseball when you aren't home and your dog eats him, you deserve what you get for trying to make a pet out of a pit bull.

Same goes for boxers, rotties, all large aggresive breeds. You are liable for what your dog does. Remember that before you take on a dog that is equipped to kill. So long as you keep that dog under control, I got no problem. You let that beast near me or my kid and he does his damage, I will take everything you have. And then some.

Blame the genetics? You mean RECOGNIZE the genetics? Perhaps you would prefer that we ignore them? Like the thousands and thousands of ignorant people who rushed out to buy little Suzie a dalmation on the way home from the movie? Then Suzie got bit and the dog got chained and forgotten?

It's a two way street. I blame the genetics for my lab being an excellent bird dog. Know why? Cause that is what lends itself to making her an excellent waterdog and retriever.

You wan to fight bulls? Fine, get yourself a pit bull. That's what they were bred for. But if you want to make a lap dog out of one, you will have to tear down the dogs natural instincts. That's why when we want a retriever, we get a retriever. When we want a sheep dog, we get a herder. When we want a lap dog, we get an ornamental breed. When you want a good family dog, I guess you go for the powerful dogs built to take down large animals in blood sport.

You can blame owners for what breeders did so long ago all you want. Dogs have inherent characterisitcs. Defending yoru breed for what it is meant for is much easier. Trying to make out that pit bulls are ideal pets is bull shit. If you admire the breed, that's great, get one. But when the kids climb over the fence for a baseball when you aren't home and your dog eats him, you deserve what you get for trying to make a pet out of a pit bull.

Same goes for boxers, rotties, all large aggresive breeds. You are liable for what your dog does. Remember that before you take on a dog that is equipped to kill. So long as you keep that dog under control, I got no problem. You let that beast near me or my kid and he does his damage, I will take everything you have. And then some.

My grandfather had a Lab. That dog bite everyone in the family before they finally decided to put it down. I have 2 large permenant scars from when I was attacked by the family Lab when I was 5 years old. I have 2 German Shepherds that have never hurt a fly. Natural killing instinct is in a dogs genetics, but if you dont raise it right, I dont give two shits what kind of dog it is, it will be aggressive. You let your beast near me or my kid & he does his damage, I will take everything you have......and then some.

My grandfather had a Lab. That dog bite everyone in the family before they finally decided to put it down. I have 2 large permenant scars from when I was attacked by the family Lab when I was 5 years old. I have 2 German Shepherds that have never hurt a fly. Natural killing instinct is in a dogs genetics, but if you dont raise it right, I dont give two shits what kind of dog it is, it will be aggressive. You let your beast near me or my kid & he does his damage, I will take everything you have......and then some.

Absolutely, any dog will bite. Some breeds more prone to do so than others. More importantly, some breeds better equiped to inflict bites.

Pit bulls have earned their reputation as dangerous dogs. More so than most. They have a large powerful bite and their natural agression lends itself to using the breed for fighting. They were bred for it.

Again, if you admire the breed, good for you. My dad loves the dogs. Your admiration for the dogs does not change the purpose of the breed, nor it's over riding characterisitcs. If you commit to the dog and train it, great. If you want to advertise that the pit bull makes for a great pet and the dog isn't agressive unless you train it to be, you are doing a dis service to the breed. That encourages less comitted owners to go out and get a breed that they have no business with.

Absolutely, any dog will bite. Some breeds more prone to do so than others. More importantly, some breeds better equiped to inflict bites.

Pit bulls have earned their reputation as dangerous dogs. More so than most. They have a large powerful bite and their natural agression lends itself to using the breed for fighting. They were bred for it.

Again, if you admire the breed, good for you. My dad loves the dogs. Your admiration for the dogs does not change the purpose of the breed, nor it's over riding characterisitcs. If you commit to the dog and train it, great. If you want to advertise that the pit bull makes for a great pet and the dog isn't agressive unless you train it to be, you are doing a dis service to the breed. That encourages less comitted owners to go out and get a breed that they have no business with.

Really the thing is the majority of the population shouldnt own ANY kind of dog!

Explain to me how the aggressive dangerous Micheal Vick dogs where able to be re-homed in family settings with no problem?

Really the thing is the majority of the population shouldnt own ANY kind of dog!

Explain to me how the aggressive dangerous Micheal Vick dogs where able to be re-homed in family settings with no problem?

Pits don't normally have problems with people. I think I said that. Especially dogs from fighting stocks. Those guys shoot a dog that bites a man, on the spot.

I don't know about the Vick dogs but I'd be willing to bet that there were dogs that could not be placed. I would alos bet that most of the placements were conditional and highly supervised. Especially, I would bet that few, if any are placed with homes that have other dogs. Pit buls are animal agressive. If they have ever been fought, not just bitches for breeding, you will have a tough time ever socializing these dogs with other dogs.

I don't walk my dog on a leash unless were are traveling. And I don't even know what a flexi leash is.....unless it is one of those little retractable strings that my dumb ass neighbor walked a 100lb Rottie on. Fucking dog lunged at everything he saw and this walked him on a string.

As for home, my dog is not walked. She is worked out four times a week at the river. She is not a play dog. She is a work dog. She does what she was bred to do.

I just did some searching on the Vick pit bulls and sure enough, twenty some odd dogs are out in Utah at a no kill, last resort shelter, as of February. The Best Friends shelter reports that they are attempting to socialize these dogs with other dogs but it is going to be a very long time for many of them before they can be in the presence of other dogs. It has taken all this time for them to become comfortable with their trainers and still they are not allowed with strangers.

After all this intensive training, many of these dogs will not be fit for adoption.

You're full of shit.

Pits don't normally have problems with people. I think I said that. Especially dogs from fighting stocks. Those guys shoot a dog that bites a man, on the spot.

I don't know about the Vick dogs but I'd be willing to bet that there were dogs that could not be placed. I would alos bet that most of the placements were conditional and highly supervised. Especially, I would bet that few, if any are placed with homes that have other dogs. Pit buls are animal agressive. If they have ever been fought, not just bitches for breeding, you will have a tough time ever socializing these dogs with other dogs.

I don't walk my dog on a leash unless were are traveling. And I don't even know what a flexi leash is.....unless it is one of those little retractable strings that my dumb ass neighbor walked a 100lb Rottie on. Fucking dog lunged at everything he saw and this walked him on a string.

As for home, my dog is not walked. She is worked out four times a week at the river. She is not a play dog. She is a work dog. She does what she was bred to do.

Here is the status of the 4 of the most aggressive Micheal Vick dogs.
DogTown | Saving the Michael Vick Dogs | Dogtown - National Geographic Channel

Actually all but 3 dogs were re-homed. The only reason the other 3 had to be put down was due to heath problems. Inflicted by Vick mind you. It is impossible for all Pit BUll to be naturally dog aggressive when they are DOGS. DOGS, period, are pack animals. The only reason any dog is dog aggressive is if you train and or allow aggression. Thats ridiculous.

I cant stand those retractable leashes. But dont blame your neighbors rottie for lunging & what not. Its your neighbor you should blame. The rottie didnt ask to be put on a flexi leash. Its not the rottie's fault that his owner doesnt deal with him properly. Its not the dogs fault, its the owners. The rottie didnt go out & buy that type of leash himself , did he?

I remember the good old days when you could go to the local shelter and get dogs and cats for free. Now you have to pay for spay/nueter and of course shots. Then you have to pay for a license.
Why do I have to pay all that shit for? I'm just gonna eat the animal. They are getting almost as expensive as pork chops.

I knew it. You are one sick puppy, lol.
I'm not a cannibal.

Give it time...in 10, not 10 but 30 or 40 years...we'll all be cannibals, thanks to global warming.

Just as Ted Turner.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSlB1nW4S54"][/ame]​

[youtube]DSlB1nW4S54[/youtube]​

Last edited:
In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities." (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840.)
DOG BITE LAW - Statistics about dog bites in the USA and elsewhere

We can put 67% of fatal dog attacks on two breeds. And they don't count for anywhere near that percentage of dogs present. These animals are equipped to kill and do kill more efficiently than other breeds.

Now, there are plenty of apologist for this fact. They cite bad owners and mistaken identity. The fact is, if you don't recognize that certain breeds can be more dangerous than others, you're fooling yourself. Kind of like the guy that spent 13 years with the Alaskan bears and determined that they weren't a threat to him. And then one ate him.

Dogs are great. Pit Bulls and rotties can be great. But they are also large breeds with the right equipment to kill people. And they do. More often than all other breeds combined. Not dobermans, not German Shepards, not other breeds often trained to guard, just these two account for the majority of fatalities. All dogs can bite. Some bite and maul with amazing consistancy and efficiency.

I just did some searching on the Vick pit bulls and sure enough, twenty some odd dogs are out in Utah at a no kill, last resort shelter, as of February. The Best Friends shelter reports that they are attempting to socialize these dogs with other dogs but it is going to be a very long time for many of them before they can be in the presence of other dogs. It has taken all this time for them to become comfortable with their trainers and still they are not allowed with strangers.

After all this intensive training, many of these dogs will not be fit for adoption.

You're full of shit.

Fuck off you ignorant son of a bitch

Of course its going to take a long time to get some of these dogs to be where they need to be. Do you have any idea what that bastard did to these innocent souls. The dogs didnt ask to be tortured & mistreated. A human did it to them. Once again ITS THE HUMANS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How would you behave if some one treated you like that?

In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities." (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840.)
DOG BITE LAW - Statistics about dog bites in the USA and elsewhere

We can put 67% of fatal dog attacks on two breeds. And they don't count for anywhere near that percentage of dogs present. These animals are equipped to kill and do kill more efficiently than other breeds.

Now, there are plenty of apologist for this fact. They cite bad owners and mistaken identity. The fact is, if you don't recognize that certain breeds can be more dangerous than others, you're fooling yourself. Kind of like the guy that spent 13 years with the Alaskan bears and determined that they weren't a threat to him. And then one ate him.

Dogs are great. Pit Bulls and rotties can be great. But they are also large breeds with the right equipment to kill people. And they do. More often than all other breeds combined. Not dobermans, not German Shepards, not other breeds often trained to guard, just these two account for the majority of fatalities. All dogs can bite. Some bite and maul with amazing consistancy and efficiency.

Not to turn this into a racial issue but arnt these types of breed mostly featured on the front of RAP cds & such. So once again the PEOPLE are buying these breed to elevate their "status" & these are the same PEOPLE who shouldnt be owning any kind of dog in the first place.
Its these PEOPLE who encourage aggression when these breeds are puppies & it only escalades from there.

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners

Forum List

Back