Obama cuts social security...

LOL...when you get owned by donttazmefag...you are forever an idiot.

Why this thread was booted to the rubber room....

Oh wait, I know why. Carry on!

COLAs aren't a party specific reduction of benefits. They are mathematical formulas. The level of inflation justifies zero increase in benefits.

People tend to confuse COLAs with raises. They aren't. COLAs are an adjustment to preserve the buying power of benefits. When you have no inflation, you get an adjustment of zero.

Why has the media not reported it?

Are you talking about the elimination of File And Suspend? It is a filing strategy that was created in 2000. It isn't like seniors worked or paid for this benefit. Congress created it by magic. If Congress ends it, you are losing nothing. It is a reward for someone's knowledge of how to file paperwork. It serves no economic purpose. In terms of general welfare, it is a subsidy by the poor of the those affluent enough to exercise the strategy. It needed to go.

Mean while my medicare payment went up $50 a month to $154 a month. Thx Obama.
So I've had a net loss.
I think I should get a sty-pen from all the border jumpers in this country.

BO makes radical cuts to SS, hurting the middle class and poor just as boomers are retiring, and the media ignores.

Would an R get away with this?

Mean while my medicare payment went up $50 a month to $154 a month. Thx Obama.
So I've had a net loss.
I think I should get a sty-pen from all the border jumpers in this country.
Medicare payment is the same for everyone. It didn't go up $50. Maybe your supplemental did? Why didn't you shop for a new one when you could?

I wonder how many Americans know that Big Ears cut SS. Based on responses in this thread, I would guess ever few know.

BO makes radical cuts to SS, hurting the middle class and poor just as boomers are retiring, and the media ignores.

Would an R get away with this?

yes----because we baby boomers boomed ourselves right into this mess

I wonder how many Americans know that Big Ears cut SS. Based on responses in this thread, I would guess ever few know.

You have yet to show that benefits were cut. Have you considered the possibility that you are simply wrong about the cuts?

You have yet to show that benefits were cut. Have you considered the possibility that you are simply wrong about the cuts?

no cola this year-----I think. cola is a yearly in increase based on the calculated
cost of living------calculated by some elves in fairy land

See? This is what I am talking about. Millions of Americans don't know anything about the cuts.

its CRAZY!!!

no cola this year-----I think. cola is a yearly in increase based on the calculated
cost of living------calculated by some elves in fairy land
Wrong.

Forum List

Back