Obama collecting $400,000 a night for speaking at banker conferences

You fucking moron. Obama instituted policies on Wall St to prevent another financial meltdown like we had in 2008 of course which Trump has negated and is making it more likely for a repeat of 2008.

If Aunt Barry wanted to prevent a financial meltdown, why didn't he split up the giant banks?? Instead he gave them trillions of dollars!!

No one is saying that you fool. But we do object to the man who screeched about INCOME INEQUALITY to then get $400,000 a night for speaking to banksters.!!!!

Nobody likes a hypocrite.
He's fighting the good fight. Taking that cash from the bankers and putting it in his non-racist, non-xenophobic, non-sexist bank account. As a result, the people feel better, and as we know, feelings are all that matter.

Good, more taxable income to help pay for "Lying Little Donnie's" Weekly Golf outings.

"I do think, at a certain point, you've made too much money" - Barack Obama
This is a guy who mocked the notion of a plumber grossing $250,000 a year before expenses is going to go stand and yap for 90 minutes at a time and pull down $400,000.

He is the epitome of liberal elite, "do as I say, not as I do".

Ah yes I remember "Joe the Plumbers Helper"...... who wasn't a plumber and wasn't making near $250,000 much less have to worry about paying taxes in that bracket.

This is a guy who mocked the notion of a plumber grossing $250,000 a year before expenses is going to go stand and yap for 90 minutes at a time and pull down $400,000.

Ah yes I remember "Joe the Plumbers Helper"...... who wasn't a plumber and wasn't making near $250,000 much less have to worry about paying taxes in that bracket.
Much less paying any taxes. Didn't it turn out he owed back taxes?

Only difference between Hillary saying she's sorry for taking Wall Street money and Obama's heist is that he waited until he was done running for office so he didn't have to say he's sorry. Nice gig if you can get it.

Much less paying any taxes. Didn't it turn out he owed back taxes?

That and his forgettable run for office.

He didn't mock Joe the Plumber for making too much. He informed Joe his taxes would go up if he nets more than $250K per year according to his proposed tax plan.

And guess what...? Obama will now pay more in taxes on his $400K speech because of his own tax plan. So he is actually doing what he said others should do -- pay more in taxes if you earn that much.

He and Biden were mocking the notion of a $250k per year plumber. You sure about Obama paying more taxes? Kennedy, Kerry, Pelosi, Wasserman Schultz all avoid taxes by parking their assets offshore.
I don't recall Obama mocking a plumber for making $250K but I do recall Joe the Plumber getting caught lying about his opportunity of making $250K.

Was that before or after his privacy records were raided by Democrats?

I'd be happier if he was giving a lot of this away, but he's not running again. I recall Gerald Ford going onto corporate boards basically for a free payday. And Ford was the bravest, most patriotic man to be president in any of our lifetimes. He's not running again. I'm not sure what he'll do with the rest of his life. I guess he could teach law school. JFK wanted to be an academic.

He didn't mock Joe the Plumber for making too much. He informed Joe his taxes would go up if he nets more than $250K per year according to his proposed tax plan.

And guess what...? Obama will now pay more in taxes on his $400K speech because of his own tax plan. So he is actually doing what he said others should do -- pay more in taxes if you earn that much.

He and Biden were mocking the notion of a $250k per year plumber. You sure about Obama paying more taxes? Kennedy, Kerry, Pelosi, Wasserman Schultz all avoid taxes by parking their assets offshore.
I don't recall Obama mocking a plumber for making $250K but I do recall Joe the Plumber getting caught lying about his opportunity of making $250K.

Probably after. Does that alter what I said?

It does not alter the fact that the notion of a $250K a year plumbing contractor was mocked by the Obama and Biden.

It does not alter the fact that the notion of a $250K a year plumbing contractor was mocked by the Obama and Biden.
Oh? What did Obama say about him?

When you're a semi-literate affirmative action baby who can't even add up a column of numbers but have a great speaking voice, this makes sense.
Obama Goes From White House to Wall Street in Less Than One Year

sep 18 2017 Hillary Clinton says she made a mistake when she gave speeches on Wall Street after leaving government. Taking money from banks, she writes in her new memoir, created the impression she was in their pocket.

Her old boss doesn’t seem to share her concern.

Last month, just before her book “What Happened” was published, Barack Obama spoke in New York to clients of Northern Trust Corp. for about $400,000, a person familiar with his appearance said. Last week, he reminisced about the White House for Carlyle Group LP, one of the world’s biggest private equity firms, according to two people who were there. Next week, he’ll give a keynote speech at investment bank Cantor Fitzgerald LP’s health-care conference.

Obama is coming to Wall Street less than a year after leaving the White House, following a path that’s well trod and well paid. While he can’t run for president, he continues to be an influential voice in a party torn between celebrating and vilifying corporate power. His new work with banks might suggest which side of the debate he’ll be on and disappoint anyone expecting him to avoid a trap that snared Clinton. Or, as some of his executive friends see it, he’s just a private citizen giving a few paid speeches to other successful people while writing his next book.

It's "semi-illiterate" you fucking idiot. Not semi-literate.
And no one becomes editor of the Harvard Law Review by being semi-illiterate.
Poll: Most Republicans say colleges have negative impact on US

A majority of Republicans in a new survey think colleges and universities have a negative effect on the U.S.

The Pew Research Center poll finds 58 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents think colleges and universities hurt the country.

Just 36 percent of Republicans think they have a positive effect.

But among Republicans, just 10 percent feel the news media helps the U.S. and 85 percent think it hurts the country.

-------------------

They think Obama is illiterate because they don't understand the words he uses.

Good for Obama.

I don't mind people getting rich off of capitalism. it just sucks when they pretend to care about the poor.

When you're a semi-literate affirmative action baby who can't even add up a column of numbers but have a great speaking voice, this makes sense.

sep 18 2017 Hillary Clinton says she made a mistake when she gave speeches on Wall Street after leaving government. Taking money from banks, she writes in her new memoir, created the impression she was in their pocket.

Last month, just before her book “What Happened” was published, Barack Obama spoke in New York to clients of Northern Trust Corp. for about $400,000, a person familiar with his appearance said. Last week, he reminisced about the White House for Carlyle Group LP, one of the world’s biggest private equity firms, according to two people who were there. Next week, he’ll give a keynote speech at investment bank Cantor Fitzgerald LP’s health-care conference.

Obama is coming to Wall Street less than a year after leaving the White House, following a path that’s well trod and well paid. While he can’t run for president, he continues to be an influential voice in a party torn between celebrating and vilifying corporate power. His new work with banks might suggest which side of the debate he’ll be on and disappoint anyone expecting him to avoid a trap that snared Clinton. Or, as some of his executive friends see it, he’s just a private citizen giving a few paid speeches to other successful people while writing his next book.

You telling someone who went to Harvard that they're semi-illiterate it quite ironic, I would guess.

O/P is the literacy-challenged one, not Obama. LMAO! Semi-literate is not a fucking word.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary says you are stupid, how embarrassing for you.

Good for Obama.

I don't mind people getting rich off of capitalism. it just sucks when they pretend to care about the poor.
I know. When you have someone who rips off children with cancer, you know you have a real slime.

Who could vote for someone like that?

Trump profited from kids cancer charity, report says

Trump Looted a Children's Cancer Charity - Lawyers, Guns & Money

Donald Trump Profited from Kids Cancer Charity Fundraiser: Report

Only Republicans seem to have no problem with this;.

I find it interesting that people are bitching about Obama making money from speaking to bankers, when there are at least FIVE GOLDMAN SACHS employees who are now in Trump's cabinet.

Mad jelly that a Negro is living large.

You know, Obama might have gone to Wall St. to make money, but Trump has actually HIRED Wall St. executives for his cabinet from Goldman Sachs.

Isn't that what Trump warned us Hillary would do?

Forum List

Back