Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

790274.jpg

While I agree that this tactic is wrong- perhaps even illegal- I empathize with the intended outcome.

It's not illegal. The Executive has the right to prioritize issues and duties as he/she sees fit. That is the essence of management.

This is to say that I cannot hold these young people responsible for the actions of their parents.

Why should AMERICANS be held responsible for the actions of those parents?

While I agree that this tactic is wrong- perhaps even illegal- I empathize with the intended outcome.

It's not illegal. The Executive has the right to prioritize issues and duties as he/she sees fit. That is the essence of management.

This is to say that I cannot hold these young people responsible for the actions of their parents.

Ummm- technically they are not American's- That's the argument. The opposing view on their "right" to be here is valid. My position is one of empathy not law.

The executive branch is not entitled to "legislate" by fiat. In that you are mistaken.

oh bullshit, the intended outcomes is to grant illegals freebies and thus to win their votes.

serving in the military or working on a degree and agreeing to use that degree in the USA is no freebie. it is something that must be worked for and earned, same with being in the military.

When their education is given or subsidized, along with things like healthcare treatment, lodging, etc... it is indeed a freebie, at the expense of those who actually work and pay taxes

I am all for legal immigration and people earning their way into citizenship... but this is just not right

I personally feel horrible for those who have gone about earning their citizen the right way.. waiting their turn... taking the test... etc... if I were one of them, I would be pissed as hell with the way the government is bending over backwards and giving breaks to ones who have done the wrong thing all along

If and I say If this does pan out to be true. It is another way for illegals to become legit, just like the forms we use now.

when a criminal takes a child to a crime you dont punish the child as if they commited the crime.

strike a blow for freedom and fairness

Ummm- technically they are not American's- That's the argument. The opposing view on their "right" to be here is valid. My position is one of empathy not law.

The executive branch is not entitled to "legislate" by fiat. In that you are mistaken.
they are Americans, if they did come from North, Central, or South America.

While I agree that this tactic is wrong- perhaps even illegal- I empathize with the intended outcome. This is to say that I cannot hold these young people responsible for the actions of their parents.

oh bullshit, the intended outcomes is to grant illegals freebies and thus to win their votes.

While I understand and can even believe, that Obama has ulterior motives in this move (timing and all that); my comment was to say I empathize with the young illegals. They did not ask their parents to create their 'illegal" status.

I think you missed my point. Why should America have to be responsible to deal with the illegal decisions of these parents and what they've done to their children? You're right, it's not the kids' fault that their parents brought them here. But then again, it's not my fault either.

Dumb. They are Mexican's. Semantics may make you feel smart- but....

I think you missed my point. Why should America have to be responsible to deal with the illegal decisions of these parents and what they've done to their children? You're right, it's not the kids' fault that their parents brought them here. But then again, it's not my fault either.

We have to be responsible because we have a "rule of law".

Dumb. They are Mexican's. Semantics may make you feel smart- but....

Not all illegals are Mexican.

We have to be responsible because we have a "rule of law".

We set for ourselves our own laws. Why should we be obligated to adopt laws that lay the responsibility for what these parents have done at our own feet? The law says they are illegally present in the country. The rule of law demands that they be expelled.

Forum List

Back