Obama bows to Cuban dictator Raul Castro at memorial service

Again, maybe some day we'll stop acting like Cuba's Shitty Ex-Girlfriend and normalize relations...

Kind of hard to rationalize that when we have a POTUS that thinks we are worse than Cuba. That's the only reason he wants to be their friends. Kind of makes his speeches on injustice and oppression seem hollow.

He gives a speech on the injustices and oppressive governments around the world then he sucks up to the leader of one.

The only thing the Cubans are guilty of is telling us to stick it.

We supported dictators who were FAR worse than Castro for years, because as Nixon said, "He might be a jerk, but he's our jerk!"

If South Africa is a great example of how sanctions can be used to force change, Cuba is a great example of how sanctions just take on a vindictive life of hteir own.

Tell that to anyone who lived under that oppression. I don't know of any that really loved it.

It kind of eurks me the way you liberals bitch and moan about how fucked up America is yet Cuba is the bee's knees....the cat's fucken meow. I guess they're simply a more popular form of oppression, not this Capitalistic form of oppression.

Kim Jong-il is dead, and it looks more like he's leaning in to speak with him than bowing.

He can speak to him standing up....he doesn't have to bend over.

Obama grew up idolizing these assholes.......so it's no surprise. I think he wants to be just like them.

You've never leaned in to be able to hear somebody speak?

Leaned in, not bowed down. Besides, does Obama know Espanol.

Doubtful.

[

Tell that to anyone who lived under that oppression. I don't know of any that really loved it.

It kind of eurks me the way you liberals bitch and moan about how fucked up America is yet Cuba is the bee's knees....the cat's fucken meow. I guess they're simply a more popular form of oppression, not this Capitalistic form of oppression.

Yeah, the whiny bitches in south Florida who need a extra big case of STFU. The ones who burned American flags when Elian Gonzalez was sent home.

I don't think Cuba is the "Bees Knees". What I do think is that we created Castro by supporting a guy even our own government knew was a douchebag... to whit.

"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear."

— U.S. President John F. Kennedy, interview with Jean Daniel, 24 October 1963[

[

Yeah, the whiny bitches in south Florida who need a extra big case of STFU. The ones who burned American flags when Elian Gonzalez was sent home.

I don't think Cuba is the "Bees Knees". What I do think is that we created Castro by supporting a guy even our own government knew was a douchebag... to whit.

"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear."

— U.S. President John F. Kennedy, interview with Jean Daniel, 24 October 1963[

We trusted Castro and supported him and he fucked us.

End of story.

Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last.

Leaned in, not bowed down. Besides, does Obama know Espanol.

Doubtful.

And that's clearly what Obama was doing.

Does Raul know English?

Obama was talking, not listening.

Make up your fucken mind.

It doesn't matter. You lean in to be able to hear, or to be heard.

I don't understand how people don't see that nonsense like this undermines the very real criticisms of Obama's Presidency.

[

End of story.

You mean by "he fucked us" is that he took back the stuff that Batista allowed American Corporations to loot?

here's the thing. Under Batista, 75% of the arable land in Cuba was owned by foreign interests.

Castro took those things back. That Bastard Commie? Didn't he know we stole those fair and square!

...... Cuba's KGB-designed dungeons and torture chambers have held (and still hold!) scores of black Cubans who peacefully protested the institutionalized racism that has permeated that "island paradise" ever since the Castro regime seized power in 1959. Some of those prisoners' "crimes" consisted of publicly quoting Dr. Martin Luther King!

As prolific Cuban-American writer Humberto Fontova (author of, among others, "Fidel, Hollywood's Favorite Tyrant" and "Exposing the Real Ché Guevara") says in this April 2013 Townhall.com column:

Many Cuban blacks suffered longer incarceration in Castro and Che's torture chambers than Nelson Mandela suffered in South Africa's. In fact, Castro's victims qualify as the longest-suffering political prisoners in modern history.

Fontova wrote that column as commentary on the lavish wedding anniversary trip to Cuba by Beyoncé and Jay-Z, black American entertainers who had previously been vociferous in condemnation of apartheid in South Africa, but who turned a blind eye to what Black Cubans endure on a daily basis (including being routinely harassed for what U.S. activists would call "walking while black").

But why should Beyoncé and Jay-Z be any different from the Congressional Black Caucus? That group, whose members see everything else through a racial prism, were, on their 2009 junket to Cuba, far too busy fawning over the Castro brothers' "hospitality" and trying to cut cellphone deals to notice that Black Cubans are systematically denied opportunities in, for example, Cuba's enormous tourist industry, private enterprise or, for that matter, government positions. (See my own Sept. 2012 AT piece, "Rep. Cleaver loves the Castro brothers"

And so, why should President Obama be concerned with something that neither his CBC buddies nor some of his favorite entertainers took notice of?

And why should he see the ironic light that casts on his handshake with Raul Castro at the Mandela memorial?

The irony is as lost on all of them as it is on the Obama-sycophant media and the low-information public. But here's hoping it won't be lost on American Thinkers!

Read more: Blog: Supreme Irony of Obama/Castro Handshake goes Unnoticed
Follow us: [MENTION=20123]American[/MENTION]Thinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Face it......Obama was 'star struck' when he met Raul Castro.

Here he was meeting face to face with one of his communist idols.

If it had been the older brother 'Fidel' the enthralled Pres. Obama would have fainted on the spot. ... :cool:

[

End of story.

You mean by "he fucked us" is that he took back the stuff that Batista allowed American Corporations to loot?

here's the thing. Under Batista, 75% of the arable land in Cuba was owned by foreign interests.

Castro took those things back. That Bastard Commie? Didn't he know we stole those fair and square!

That's not all he did, but go with it if it makes you feel better.

For some reason foreign ownership in America doesn't seem to bother you.

Why is that?

After 50 years....time to end the useless embargo and normalize relations

Communist China is one of our biggest trading partners and you can't buy a Cuban cigar

As prolific Cuban-American writer Humberto Fontova

That IDIOT?

That guy whose been whining "Castro took my Daddy's Stuff" for decades.

Seriously, someone needs to tell the Cuban-American community in Florida to shut the fuck up, and then we need to establish normalized relations with Cuba and stop whining about our butt-hurt.

The fact is, China is a HUNDRED times worse than Cuba. They force women to have abortions and harvest transplant organs from condemned criminals.

But big corporations are making boo-koo bucks in China, so it's all good. Don't you dare question free trade.

Why the right hates Cuba. Working people fought back and won.

As prolific Cuban-American writer Humberto Fontova

That IDIOT?

That guy whose been whining "Castro took my Daddy's Stuff" for decades.

Seriously, someone needs to tell the Cuban-American community in Florida to shut the fuck up, and then we need to establish normalized relations with Cuba and stop whining about our butt-hurt.

The fact is, China is a HUNDRED times worse than Cuba. They force women to have abortions and harvest transplant organs from condemned criminals.

But big corporations are making boo-koo bucks in China, so it's all good. Don't you dare question free trade.

Why the right hates Cuba. Working people fought back and won.

No, go right ahead. Maybe Castro will dump another half a million folks on our doorstep.

That's not all he did, but go with it if it makes you feel better.

For some reason foreign ownership in America doesn't seem to bother you.

Why is that?

Actually, it bothers me a hell of a lot.

But to put it in perspective. I work for a company based in the UK. But they have to follow all the laws about safety, fair wages, unemployment compensation, etc. that American companies have to follow...

As opposed to in Cuba, where the American companies were looting the shit out of the country and then were really, really surprised when people rose up against that.

Forum List

Back