Obama and MSM Have Distorted Publics Idea of Self-Defense

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
How often do we hear the claim that someone shot and killed an “unarmed man” ? I recall hearing this quite often, in recent years. It especially seems to arise when the shooter is a police officer, and the shot person is black. Then, the MSM lose no time in airing it on the evening TV news.

We heard it with Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. Then again, with Michael Brown and Officer Darren Wilson. Then there was Officer Michael Slager and Walter Scott. More incidents occurred in Baton Rouge, LA and Charlotte, NC. And now there is one involving a policewoman, Betty Shelby, and a black man who she shot and killed, who was unarmed.

For years, Obama had a nasty habit of inflaming innocent shootings with the idea of inciting black people against police and other shooters of blacks. I recall it all starting with Zimmerman. Then Wilson. And on and on. Obama would threaten the town’s leaders with DOJ lawsuits, if they didn’t arrest the shooters (who turned out to be innocent, every time).

What do USMB posters think about all this ? What do they think when they hear about cops (or anyone) shooting someone unarmed ? Acceptable ? Unacceptable ? 50/50 ? Conditional ? I just wonder how many people are brainwashed by the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustler machine, and their running dogs, the mainstream media.

1. The fight over 'controlling the narrative' and using false narratives to do so is not new. It still happens - Case in Point:

CNN still describing Michael Brown shooting as if ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ might be true - Hot Air

2. Every case is different. You can't cram every case into a box and say 'this one' is the same as 'this one'. You have to exercise calm and discipline until you find out the facts. When Barry's college professor buddy showed his ass and got 'taken downtown' and Obama was asked about it, he quickly...and irresponsibly...stated, "I HAVE NOT HEARD ALL THE DETAILS YET, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE POLICE ACTED STUPIDLY'. turns out they did not. LESSON TO LEARN is don't jump to conclusions and let you own bias lead you down the wrong path. Wait and see.

How often do we hear the claim that someone shot and killed an “unarmed man” ? I recall hearing this quite often, in recent years. It especially seems to arise when the shooter is a police officer, and the shot person is black. Then, the MSM lose no time in airing it on the evening TV news.

We heard it with Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. Then again, with Michael Brown and Officer Darren Wilson. Then there was Officer Michael Slager and Walter Scott. More incidents occurred in Baton Rouge, LA and Charlotte, NC. And now there is one involving a policewoman, Betty Shelby, and a black man who she shot and killed, who was unarmed.

For years, Obama had a nasty habit of inflaming innocent shootings with the idea of inciting black people against police and other shooters of blacks. I recall it all starting with Zimmerman. Then Wilson. And on and on. Obama would threaten the town’s leaders with DOJ lawsuits, if they didn’t arrest the shooters (who turned out to be innocent, every time).

What do USMB posters think about all this ? What do they think when they hear about cops (or anyone) shooting someone unarmed ? Acceptable ? Unacceptable ? 50/50 ? Conditional ? I just wonder how many people are brainwashed by the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustler machine, and their running dogs, the mainstream media.
this is a terrific thread, obama was egging people on to protest the police. he made it about race, but not evenly, only as it benefited his party and general ideology.

The problem is less MSM than the dishonesty of MSM.

There is no law on the books that states you can only use deadly force against an armed attacker. People (for some reason) think that is the law, so when they hear stories like the ones you outlined, they freak out thinking that the game is rigged for the police officers.

As a CCW holder in my state, our law says "A licensed carrier can use deadly force if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death."

Our laws are similar to other states that favor licensed gun carriers. No mention that the attacker must be armed. That's why George Zimmerman was found not guilty. Of course, MSM will not tell you that.

If our law gives me the right to use deadly force against an unarmed attacker, why should police have less liberty than the citizen? My life does not have to be in jeopardy. Perceiving serious bodily harm is enough for me to kill a person(s). To boot, there is no legal definition of what Serious Bodily harm actually is.

this is a terrific thread, obama was egging people on to protest the police. he made it about race, but not evenly, only as it benefited his party and general ideology.
Nice to see that somebody is able to see the obvious. (Obama/Sharpton/Jackson/Crump race hustlers machine)

Forum List

Back