Obama Administration Supports Reducing U.S. Forces To 3,000 By End of 2011

Unfortunately, the most important thing is what the Iraqi government permits to remain, not what our generals believe is best. Fortunately, the role is quite limited. If U.S. troops aren't engaged in any direct combat, 3000 may be enough (so say the generals). I just hope the Iraqi government isn't trying to have their cake and eat it too by having a small number of troops that helps in anti-terrorism missions.

Anyone hear anything about CIA officers being deployed to Iraq?

Unfortunately, the most important thing is what the Iraqi government permits to remain, not what our generals believe is best. Fortunately, the role is quite limited. If U.S. troops aren't engaged in any direct combat, 3000 may be enough (so say the generals). I just hope the Iraqi government isn't trying to have their cake and eat it too by having a small number of troops that helps in anti-terrorism missions.

Anyone hear anything about CIA officers being deployed to Iraq?

No but I am sure they are there, the CIA has a office in Somalia so I am sure they are there in Iraq but we won't hear too much about it. Even if those 3000 US Troops are not engaged in direct combat and staying in their bases, the insurgents ARE engaged in direct combat with them. US Troops for the most part in Iraq have been staying in their bases for the past year and are still getting attacked, that tells you all you need to know right there.

Forum List

Back