NYTs: Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

The idiots at the NYTs don't even know what they put in their own useless "news" paper.

The New York Times’ claim that President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017 is wrong, based on a flawed understanding of how taxes are paid.

The figures below, drawn from the New York Times’s own analysis of Trump’s tax-return data for 2017, show that Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

The Times says the tax return data show that Trump’s earnings were negative for the year, so he owned nothing in regular income taxes. But he was subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), a parallel tax system aimed at making sure wealthy people cannot use deductions to eliminate their tax liability altogether. According to the Times, “the A.M.T. formula disallowed $45 million in losses that Mr. Trump had carried over from prior years.”

As a result, Trump was left with an AMT bill of $7,435,857, according to the Times.

There was no way for Trump to avoid this tax liability. He had to pay it down using his assets. And he did.

Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in each of two years. That is a fact.
You repeat talking points without context. That is a fact

They are desperate and willing to use any lie to bamboozle people that are too dumb.

No mercy, no mercy of any kind.
Oh yeah, my brother who was a big McCain fan and not a Trump fan (he was with the Mona Charens calling them Trumpkins) is now a huge Trump fan and he talks about how the left really is full of low information voters......they just see a headline and run and they don't research, I mean people on here post shit all the time and it's easily refuted with a google search. One reason I shit on the lefties, is I just make sure my point and understanding is correct, and once I know, I drive it home and hard, without mercy. And if it's not, I need to see what happend and make sure I know the facts and my view will change.

Your posts do make us chuckle...

Your posts make everyone dumber. Every. Single. Time.

Not you...you're already at the maximum level of dumbness.

And the moron does it again.

At least my posts are smart enough to not be in constant violation of the forum rules.
Constant violation? He paid $750 a year in federal taxes. That violates the rules?
Like I said, you go with the headling, the media's talking point, but don't take any time to see what the real story is....if you want to be willfully ignorant, that's on you.....not us.

Not sure what any of that means.

I am sure that for 2 years, the blob paid $750 in federal income taxes.

Gun to your head sure?

The idiots at the NYTs don't even know what they put in their own useless "news" paper.

The New York Times’ claim that President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017 is wrong, based on a flawed understanding of how taxes are paid.

The figures below, drawn from the New York Times’s own analysis of Trump’s tax-return data for 2017, show that Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

The Times says the tax return data show that Trump’s earnings were negative for the year, so he owned nothing in regular income taxes. But he was subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), a parallel tax system aimed at making sure wealthy people cannot use deductions to eliminate their tax liability altogether. According to the Times, “the A.M.T. formula disallowed $45 million in losses that Mr. Trump had carried over from prior years.”

As a result, Trump was left with an AMT bill of $7,435,857, according to the Times.

There was no way for Trump to avoid this tax liability. He had to pay it down using his assets. And he did.

They are desperate and willing to use any lie to bamboozle people that are too dumb.

Oh yeah, my brother who was a big McCain fan and not a Trump fan (he was with the Mona Charens calling them Trumpkins) is now a huge Trump fan and he talks about how the left really is full of low information voters......they just see a headline and run and they don't research, I mean people on here post shit all the time and it's easily refuted with a google search. One reason I shit on the lefties, is I just make sure my point and understanding is correct, and once I know, I drive it home and hard, without mercy. And if it's not, I need to see what happend and make sure I know the facts and my view will change.

At least my posts are smart enough to not be in constant violation of the forum rules.
Constant violation? He paid $750 a year in federal taxes. That violates the rules?
According to who?

Yeah------he paid the $750 and then more. GEEBUS.

Hey moron has it ever occured to you that the Times just might know what it's own analysis shows?

Trump paid $750 in 2017 according to the Times, not 7 million as your stupid source claims.

"Never mind all that math. They announced that this was what to believe about their article, and that's all I need to know!"

I won't even ask if it's ever occurred to you that the words in the middle of the article are as important as the headline, because you actually ARE a moron.

Hey moron, NYT bottom line on Trump's federal income tax in 2016 and 2017 is that he paid $750 each. It doesn't matter what part of the article you read.
Let's see the return.

Hey moron has it ever occured to you that the Times just might know what it's own analysis shows?

Trump paid $750 in 2017 according to the Times, not 7 million as your stupid source claims.
Apparently, the Fake New NYTs has never heard of the AMT.

It's only "apparent" if you are a clueless idiot. NYT would never publish this and put their credibility on the line without tax professionals throughly going through these records.

Mr. Trump’s tax bill in 2017
$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

$750 Total income tax due

"Never mind all that math. They announced that this was what to believe about their article, and that's all I need to know!"

I won't even ask if it's ever occurred to you that the words in the middle of the article are as important as the headline, because you actually ARE a moron.

Hey moron, NYT bottom line on Trump's federal income tax in 2016 and 2017 is that he paid $750 each. It doesn't matter what part of the article you read.

Hey moron, parroting your talking point isn't going to make me say, "Oh, well, I thought that was ignorant bullshit the first time, but since you said it again, NOW you're right and brilliant."

"It doesn't matter what the words in the article said. THIS was what the headline told me to believe, and reading any more is for boring smart people." :auiqs.jpg:

Why do they bother printing the article at all if we're supposed to ignore it and just run with the headline?

Hey moron, parroting your talking point isn't going to make me say, "Oh, well, I thought that was ignorant bullshit the first time, but since you said it again, NOW you're right and brilliant."

"It doesn't matter what the words in the article said. THIS was what the headline told me to believe, and reading any more is for boring smart people." :auiqs.jpg:

Why do they bother printing the article at all if we're supposed to ignore it and just run with the headline?

Although Mr. Trump donates his salary to the government, it is subject to income tax along with his other earnings. But because Mr. Trump’s overall income was negative, he did not owe regular income tax on any of it.

He was, however, still subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax, a parallel tax system that reduces the benefit of some deductions, preventing wealthy people from erasing their tax liability altogether. Most significantly, the A.M.T. formula disallowed $45 million in losses that Mr. Trump had carried over from prior years.

But tax laws gave him one more line on which to reduce the A.M.T. Mr. Trump had $22.7 million in General Business Credit, much of it carried forward from prior years, that he could apply. The credit is a smorgasbord of tax incentives and givebacks to business owners, and in Mr. Trump’s case they ranged from credits of $322,926 for Social Security and Medicare taxes paid on employee tips to at least $1.5 million related to rehabilitating the Old Post Office in Washington.

The business credit cannot be used to get a refund; it can only be applied against taxes owed. Mr. Trump had more than enough to cancel out his $7,435,857 tax bill. But on the Form 3800 for the General Business Credit, his accountants subtracted $750 from his allowable credit. Why they did that is not clear. But
the result was a total federal income tax liability of $750.

Just stfu already, you are wrong wrong and wrong again.

It's only "apparent" if you are a clueless idiot. NYT would never publish this and put their credibility on the line without tax professionals throughly going through these records.

$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

"You're clueless for referring to the numbers and the law. The NYT put it in their headline, so that MUST make it true! They would NEVER lie, and they're smarter than EVERYBODY!" :auiqs.jpg:

You don't even know what that means
Yes I do. But thanks for contributing your standard nothing to the discussion.

No, you really don't. The Demonicrats are counting on the ignorant.
The blob paid $750 in federal taxes for two consecutive years. It is a fact and you are arguing otherwise. You look dumber than usual.

Why $750? show us how smart you are.
It is what was reported....
This is exactly what I am talking about......they just read the headline and do no research. They don't try to understand issues, they are robots... Someone once said the left literaly buys into the book "All I need to know I learned in Kindergarten" because that's when their learning and independence goes....after that it's just whatever the teach says or media says...Stupid people are easier to control.

The left uses those who are unwise. They always have, now they have these medias while they've proved, I say PROVED PROGS to be the most corrupt group since at least 1865. That and you're quote is dead accurate. If you watch and listen to many of them, if not all of them, they act like spoiled young children.

$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

Thanks for proving my point, and proving you are clueless when it comes to taxes.

If this was the case it would be simple. Trump releases his tax returns which shows this to be the case and he gets a huge boost.

He still refuses. If he had nothing to hide he releases his returns and this all goes away.

$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

Thanks for proving my point, and proving you are clueless when it comes to taxes.

I proved you to be a gulible idiot who keeps getting burned by half-baked bs on rightwing mills like breitbart.

NYT posted the full math and carefully explained to you why AMT did not mean Trump had to pay, too bad you are too retarded to know when to quit.

$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

I proved you to be a gulible idiot who keeps getting burned by half-baked bs on rightwing mills like breitbart.

NYT posted the full math and carefully explained to you why AMT did not mean Trump had to pay, too bad you are too retarded to know when to quit.

Learn the difference between "said" and "proved".

$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

Further confirmation you are clueless.

Not in federal income taxes.

$7,435,857
Alternative Minimum Tax

General Business Credit

"You're clueless for referring to the numbers and the law. The NYT put it in their headline, so that MUST make it true! They would NEVER lie, and they're smarter than EVERYBODY!" :auiqs.jpg:
Especially you.

Not in federal income taxes.
Link to something besides the NYTs story with no sources?

Like I said, you go with the headling, the media's talking point, but don't take any time to see what the real story is....if you want to be willfully ignorant, that's on you.....not us.

Not sure what any of that means.

I am sure that for 2 years, the blob paid $750 in federal income taxes.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

Forum List

Back