NYT Times Blabs Again: Jesus Was Likely A ‘Palestinian,’ Not White

Agnostic: I don't know how the universe was created so I have to admit there may be a Creator(s).
Atheist: There may be a Creator but I'm 100% certain there is no supernatural component to this world, no God, no Jesus Christ, no Satan, no angels, no ghosts, no djinn, no Leprechauns, etc.
And only an idiot can claim they know the unknowable.
If there is zero evidence for the supernatural, I'm left with 100% certainty it does not exist. Should I encounter any creditable evidence, I'll adjust accordingly.

History lesson for NYT editors: Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs didn’t conquer the area until 700 years after Jesus was crucified. Jesus is an ancestor of David, a Jew. Jesus was not an Arab.

They think if they attack Christianity enough they’ll destroy the faith. :lmao:

NY Times Article: Jesus Was Likely A 'Palestinian,' Not White

Well, here's my question:

Why is it news to the NYT that He wasn't white? Who has been keeping this a secret from them up 'til now? And why do they assume we didn't already know that?

Jesus was a Palestinian? But he was a Jew. So Jews must be Palestinian according to their logic. Therefore, the Jews are entitled to all of Palestine.

By all means, I think all of these leftists trying to defend this, "OMG, I'm SO brilliant for having figured out what everyone else already knew" article should go tell the modern-day Palestinians that Jews are Palestinians, then let us know how that works out . . . assuming they survive.

Jesus was a Palestinian? But he was a Jew. So Jews must be Palestinian according to their logic. Therefore, the Jews are entitled to all of Palestine.
Weathermen are usually wrong about the weather and you are also wrong in your premise by claiming Jesus was a Palestinian they are claiming the Jews have no right to the land of Israel and are occupiers.. They will twist and turn in every way to deny that Jews have any right to that land...

Dude. Look up the word "sarcasm".

History lesson for NYT editors: Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs didn’t conquer the area until 700 years after Jesus was crucified. Jesus is an ancestor of David, a Jew. Jesus was not an Arab.

Jesus was a Semite, linguistically, racially, and culturally related to Arabs.

Sem·ite
/ˈsemīt/
noun
noun: Semite; plural noun: Semites
  1. a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs.

Again, no one has claimed otherwise. But thank you SO much for making that argument in support of your straw man.

I dare you to go to any Palestinian today and tell him that "Palestinian", "Arab", and "Semite" are all the same thing, and therefore Jews are Palestinians.

Meanwhile, the timeline remains the same.

Be serious for a minute, if you can.

Given the time and area of his birth (if he was actually real) it's highly I'll likely he was white, and if he was it would have been odd enough that it would be noted in every account of him.

He was a brown middle eastern Jew.

Gosh, I'm SOOOOO glad you and the NYT have come along to "brilliantly" explain to us . . . what we already knew a long time ago.

Do people on the left EVER realize that their "deep, original revelations" about things are ACTUALLY years behind everyone else?

Some of the original inhabitants of the area were Jews.

Not all

NONE of them were known as Palestinians at that time. And however many Jews there were or weren't, Jesus was still one of them.

I love theology lessons from atheists.
As well you should. Who would be more honest and unbiased than someone who views all theology through the same lens?

"Viewing all theology through the same lens" is not the same as "honest and unbiased". And it's DEFINITELY not the same thing as "educated, informed, and intelligent."

Given the time and area of his birth (if he was actually real) it's highly I'll likely he was white, and if he was it would have been odd enough that it would be noted in every account of him.

He was a brown middle eastern Jew.
Yes, but depending upon what color God used.

But a Jew, not an Arab as the NYT states.
Middle Eastern Jews are not genetically distinct from Arabs.

It is unlikely in the extreme that Jesus was anything other than swarthy, black haired, brown eyed, and so on.

Pretty sure Weather doesn't think He was white with blond hair.

However, He was not "Palestinian", and Jews are not Palestinian. Feel free to find a Palestinian and ask him if you don't believe me.

Oh, look..... no link to any such NY Times article. :eusa_doh:

As a Black Child in Los Angeles, I Couldn’t Understand Why Jesus Had Blue Eyes

You're welcome.

Then why did Jesus speak in Aramaic(semitic language) and not Hebrew?

What makes you think He didn't speak Hebrew?

Why is it news to the NYT that He wasn't white? Who has been keeping this a secret from them up 'til now? And why do they assume we didn't already know that?
Who, besides the OP and his link, says this is news to The NY Times?

Who, besides the OP and his link, says this is news to The NY Times?

Well, the fact that they thought it needed a article written and published to talk about it. Seems to me that indicates they think they're telling people something that isn't already widespread and painfully obvious. I can't remember the last time they published a column about how the sky appears blue.

Jesus was a Semite, linguistically, racially, and culturally related to Arabs.

Sem·ite
/ˈsemīt/
noun
noun: Semite; plural noun: Semites
  1. a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs.

Again, no one has claimed otherwise. But thank you SO much for making that argument in support of your straw man.

I dare you to go to any Palestinian today and tell him that "Palestinian", "Arab", and "Semite" are all the same thing, and therefore Jews are Palestinians.

Meanwhile, the timeline remains the same.
Palestine is a region, Israel is a country within Palestine. Every Israeli is a Palestinian but not every Palestinian is an Israeli. There are Jewish and non-Jewish Israelis and Palestinians but recent events have given these terms political meanings too.

Arabs and Jews are subgroups of Semitic peoples, a historical and cultural designation. All Arabs are Semitic but not all Semites are Arab.

Forum List

Back