NYT: Kushner got loans from companies after White House Meetings

It seems like the libtys are so naïve about how the world works. Jared Kushner probably knew and talked to these people for years. He did not just suddenly meet them.

Early last year, a private equity billionaire started paying regular visits to the White House.

Joshua Harris, a founder of Apollo Global Management, was advising Trump administration officials on infrastructure policy. During that period, he met on multiple occasions with Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, said three people familiar with the meetings. Among other things, the two men discussed a possible White House job for Mr. Harris.

The job never materialized, but in November, Apollo lent $184 million to Mr. Kushner’s family real estate firm, Kushner Companies. The loan was to refinance the mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.

It was one of the largest loans Kushner Companies received last year. An even larger loan came from Citigroup, which lent the firm and one of its partners $325 million to help finance a group of office buildings in Brooklyn.

That loan was made in the spring of 2017, shortly after Mr. Kushner met in the White House with Citigroup’s chief executive, Michael L. Corbat, according to people briefed on the meeting. The two men talked about financial and trade policy and did not discuss Mr. Kushner’s family business, one person said.

There is little precedent for a top White House official meeting with executives of companies as they contemplate sizable loans to his business, say government ethics experts.

“This is exactly why senior government officials, for as long back as I have any experience, don’t maintain any active outside business interests,” said Don Fox, the former acting director of the Office of Government Ethics during the Obama administration and, before that, a lawyer for the Air Force and Navy during Republican and Democratic administrations. “The appearance of conflicts of interest is simply too great.”

The White House referred questions to Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, who did not dispute that the meetings between Mr. Kushner and the executives took place.

More: Kushner’s Business Got Loans After White House Visits

Well, that certainly doesn't look good. Was Kushner trading influence for loans? I'm sure Mueller is very interested.

I can't wait for Chris Christie to Tweet something about the Apple Not Falling Far From The Tree...

Muellers mandate dealt with pre-election Russian meddling.
And was updated to include any collusion of Trump's campaign with Russian officials. Money laundering could be a big part of that.

That would be pre-election, dip.

Not necessarily, sorry. As it turns out, some things that happened after the election may be tied to things that happened before the election. I gotta tell ya...that didnt take a whole lot of brain power to figure out.

Listen to yourself...look at what you have to do to yourself to provide cover for your special little man..you must shed all semblance of integrity...all modicum of hknesty or ethics...embarrassing.

Simple concept, provide proof wrong doing occurred. Or you could just STFU.

Or, since I am a rational adult not throwing a huge, embarrassing hissy every time everyone isn't affirming my personal beliefs, I could have a nice, long discussion about it.

You are free to bow out at any time. Do you need a safe word? I say it should be, "covfefe".

Or, since I am a rational adult not throwing a huge, embarrassing hissy every time everyone isn't affirming my personal beliefs, I could have a nice, long discussion about it.

You are free to bow out at any time. Do you need a safe word? I say it should be, "covfefe".

No you're just the idiot making claims you can't prove, run along child.

No you're just the idiot making claims you can't prove
Such as? Name one. That it is possible Jared may have engaged in some very illegal activity in getting those loans? That's a fact. That's why bank regulators are interested, in case you haven't heard.

Do I think he did it? Yeah, probably, and then probably unwittingly (which is to give him the benefit of doubt of being stupid... my, what strange times we live in).

Why does this throw you into such a tailspin to hear these things said out loud?

No you're just the idiot making claims you can't prove
Such as? Name one. That it is possible Jared may have engaged in some very illegal activity in getting those loans? That's a fact. That's why bank regulators are interested, in case you haven't heard.

Do I think he did it? Yeah, probably, and then probably unwittingly (which is to give him the benefit of doubt of being stupid... my, what strange times we live in).

Why does this throw you into such a tailspin to hear these things said out loud?

May have
Might have
Could have

Get back to me when you can say he DID DO.

Adults don't make ridiculous accusations without proof. All this speculative bullshit is getting really old.

DXQirscWAAEf30y.jpg

His families business got the loan, not him.

That's how a corporation works. The CEO doesn't get the loan, the company does. In this case Kushner still owns the company.

No he resigned form his families companies and divested other assets.

Nope. He resigned as an operational officer but retained his holdings. Try again.

:link:

It's only been reported by everyone. You should really catch up on some reading before commenting in these threads.

The Trouble with Jared

May have
Might have
Could have
Correct dummy, that is exactly what I have been saying. But since you are such a rabid little crybaby, you somehow converted that to "claims" then complained like a little baby about it.

The fact that you would call any of these accusations "ridiculous" shiws what hitching your wagons to Trump has done to your brain. There is nothing at all ridiculous about it...in fact, given this crowd's shady past and financial problems, the impropriety is exceedingly easy to believe.

Forum List

Back