NYC mayoral candidate consoles homeless man after he interrupts campaign event: 'More compassion in politics' (video in link).

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As a young kid even we in Canada were aware of the Guardian Angels. We thought they were the coolest guys ever, super heroes of sorts, even though we didn't have such a thing in Canada (we have a covert police state of abuses as I've repeated often).

This mans face is familiar to me. He has obviously aged, but looks the same as when we were both younger. I think he was one of the spokespersons for the Angels. He handled this situation professionally and allowing the man to maintain his dignity.

You can be a great many things in life, keeping your dignity is core to being human. Well handled sir.

New York City Republican mayoral nominee Curtis Sliwa shared a video of himself consoling a homeless man with emotional and mental health issues at a campaign event this week.

"Yo, what's up, man?" Sliwa said to the man, named Jamal, who approached Sliwa's press conference outside Penn Station on Wednesday.

Curtis Sliwa for NYC Mayor

@CurtisSliwa
We need more compassion in politics, and we need to listen to each other more That’s how we improve. Yesterday, I was holding a press conference by Penn Station when it was interrupted by a young man dealing with mental/emotional issues Here was my response:

Sliwa probably would be a good mayor, but I think Adams is going to run away with that election pretty easily.

Forum List

Back