NY State Assembly Bill A99

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
Most folks were alarmed at this.

But now? Do a Google search for this, "NY State Assembly Bill A99"

Because now, it is coming here.

" ” 2. UPON DETERMINING BY CLEAR AND CONVINCING EVIDENCE THAT THE HEALTH OF OTHERS IS OR MAY BE ENDANGERED BY A CASE, CONTACT OR CARRIER, OR SUSPECTED CASE, CONTACT OR CARRIER OF A CONTAGIOUS DISEASE THAT, IN THE OPINION OF THE GOVERNOR, AFTER CONSULTATION WITH THE COMMISSIONER, MAY POSE AN IMMINENT AND SIGNIFICANT THREAT TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH RESULTING IN SEVERE MORBIDITY OR HIGH MORTALITY, THE GOVERNOR OR HIS OR HER DELE- GEE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COMMISSIONER OR THE HEADS OF LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS, MAY ORDER THE REMOVAL AND/OR DETENTION OF SUCH A PERSON OR OF A GROUP OF SUCH PERSONS BY ISSUING A SINGLE ORDER, IDEN- TIFYING SUCH PERSONS EITHER BY NAME OR BY A REASONABLY SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OF THE INDIVIDUALS OR GROUP BEING DETAINED. SUCH PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS SHALL BE DETAINED IN A MEDICAL FACILITY OR OTHER APPRO- PRIATE FACILITY OR PREMISES DESIGNATED BY THE GOVERNOR OR HIS OR HER DELEGEE AND COMPLYING WITH SUBDIVISION FIVE OF THIS SECTION.”

That's right, detention facilities, concentration camps.

The establishment releases criminals, while rounding up law abiding folks. Up is now down.

Because it is now, it is coming here.

" ” 2. UPON DETERMINING BY CLEAR AND CONVINCING EVIDENCE THAT THE HEALTH OF OTHERS IS OR MAY BE ENDANGERED BY A CASE, CONTACT OR CARRIER, OR SUSPECTED CASE, CONTACT OR CARRIER OF A CONTAGIOUS DISEASE THAT, IN THE OPINION OF THE GOVERNOR, AFTER CONSULTATION WITH THE COMMISSIONER, MAY POSE AN IMMINENT AND SIGNIFICANT THREAT TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH RESULTING IN SEVERE MORBIDITY OR HIGH MORTALITY, THE GOVERNOR OR HIS OR HER DELE- GEE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COMMISSIONER OR THE HEADS OF LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS, MAY ORDER THE REMOVAL AND/OR DETENTION OF SUCH A PERSON OR OF A GROUP OF SUCH PERSONS BY ISSUING A SINGLE ORDER, IDEN- TIFYING SUCH PERSONS EITHER BY NAME OR BY A REASONABLY SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OF THE INDIVIDUALS OR GROUP BEING DETAINED. SUCH PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS SHALL BE DETAINED IN A MEDICAL FACILITY OR OTHER APPRO- PRIATE FACILITY OR PREMISES DESIGNATED BY THE GOVERNOR OR HIS OR HER DELEGEE AND COMPLYING WITH SUBDIVISION FIVE OF THIS SECTION.”

The establishment releases criminals, while rounding up law abiding folks. Up is now down.

How can this be allowed?

It basically lets two people decide they can detain a person without any sort of due process.

Because now, it is coming here.

This is one ploy to confiscate private property too.

How can this be allowed?

It basically lets two people decide they can detain a person without any sort of due process.

. . . yeah, I noticed the language just states, "MAY BE ENDANGERED,". . .

So I guess no "due process," is required. Just the suspicion is required. :dunno:

And of course, it could be used against political enemies as well, I suppose. :ack-1:

How can this be allowed?

So I guess no "due process," is required. Just the suspicion is required. :dunno:

And of course, it could be used against political enemies as well, I suppose. :ack-1:

I read the whole thing, they get judges involved, but I'm sure the State level judges in question will "defer" to the governor because they all think the same and have the same politics.

What happens when a person tests negative, does the Governor go to jail for detaining a person illegally?

How can this be allowed?

I read the whole thing, they get judges involved, but I'm sure the State level judges in question will "defer" to the governor because they all think the same and have the same politics.

What happens when a person tests negative, does the Governor go to jail for detaining a person illegally?

Well. . . If these camps are anything like those nursing homes, if you were negative before they threw you in there, you might not be after they throw you in. . . :FIREdevil:

Escape from New York while you can.

When I did a Google search for that Bill. . . it looked like, though I am not certain, but it appeared, this is one of those Bills that might be on the docket in several other states as well.

If it was written through American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), then no one is safe.

American Legislative Exchange Council - Wikipedia

Escape from New York while you can.

When I did a Google search for that Bill. . . it looked like, though I am not certain, but it appeared, this is one of those Bills that might be on the docket in several other states as well.

If it was written through American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), then no one is safe.

American Legislative Exchange Council - Wikipedia

One day Shakespeare's advice about lawyers will have to come to fruition.

OMG

This is horrible.....Keeping an infectious person away from the General Population.

Damn It! We have a Constitutional right to spread infection if we want to!
Leave it to the house idiot.

I have HAD IT with this God Damn Nanny State!

If I want to spread a deadly disease, it is my own freaking business.

OMG

This is horrible.....Keeping an infectious person away from the General Population.

Relax....

You still have the right to have your gay lover kill you by giving you HIV, don't you???? :laughing0301:

OMG

I have HAD IT with this God Damn Nanny State!

If I want to spread a deadly disease, it is my own freaking business.
God you’re dumb. Must you support the corrupt criminal state all the time, when run by Ds?

OMG

Two people get to decide if you get forcefully detained on the mere suspicion of being in contact with a person with a disease.

No payment for your detention, no punishment if they get it wrong.

Judges brought in as an afterthought just to rubberstamp the choice.

How would you have felt if this was applied in the 80's during the AIDS pandemic?

OMG

Ya, he didn't even read the snippet. (or maybe he did and he is purposely being obtuse.)

This gives the government the power to seize anyone, not just those that are ill.

Anyone they claim. All they have to do is say, "Hey, we suspect them of being infectious."

. . . and then throw them in a camp completely saturated with the diseased.

:rolleyes:

. . . it's the perfect cover for tyranny.

(regardless of how dangerous the disease may, or may not actually be.)

Forum List

Back