NY Mayor unveils plan to confront gun violence

Bring back Stop and Frisk.

Yep.......the police know who the actual criminals are......a core driver of gun violence in democrat party cities is gang members and other criminals freely carrying their illegal guns.....they can do that now because they know the police won't stop them and check them for guns........so, when they see someone from another gang, they have their gun with them and start shooting....because, as criminals, they have low impulse control issues.........and, they aren't afraid to be caught with the illegal guns when they do get stopped because democrat party prosecutors will drop the gun charge, and the democrat party judges will release them on bail, and give them short prison sentences or put them in "Boot Camps," and other weak on crime sentences...

The mayor is saying all the stuff 2aguy says all the time.

Maybe the mayor is 2aguy?

But won't implement it......and then, even if he does, the democrat party prosecutors and judges will simply release the gun offenders over and over again...the New York attorney General has already pretty much stated this...

Looks like the mayor of NY agrees with the NRA - when you enforce current laws, you reduce gun violence.
Imagine that.

Sadly, the democrat party prosecutor disagrees ...... he will keep releasing violent, repeat gun offenders till the blood covers the streets....

Mr. Adams’s plan included the restoration of an anti-gun police unit, and called on state lawmakers to make a number of changes, including to New York’s bail law and to a law that altered how the state handles teenage defendants.

“I want to be clear: This is not just a plan for the future — it is a plan for right now,” the mayor said. “Gun violence is a public health crisis. There is no time to wait.”

“If you’re walking around Manhattan with a gun, you’re going to be prosecuted and we’re going to hold you accountable in what I would say is the traditional sense,” Mr. Bragg said on Monday.

Many of the issues that are helping to fuel the current spike in violent crime are complex — including how to assist New Yorkers with mental health problems and the omnipresence of guns — and will be difficult to fix quickly.

Mr. Adams, a former police captain, called on the courts and state lawmakers to take gun offenses more seriously. He said that he would appoint judges who wanted to keep violent criminals off the streets, and would work with state lawmakers to change laws concerning bail for defendants who are considered dangerous, and the minimum age that someone can be charged as an adult.

Bolded the important stuff.

So, gun violence is way up in New York during the COVID years.

Do you think this is the right approach to reducing gun murders?
It’s a good start.

Next I would change the gun laws in New York City and state to shall issue concealed carry. Honest people would then have a fair chance to defend themselves against attackers.

It’s a good start.

Next I would change the gun laws in New York City and state to shall issue concealed carry. Honest people would then have a fair chance to defend themselves against attackers.

I'll see you and raise you Constitutional Carry, concealed or open carry........

I'll see you and raise you Constitutional Carry, concealed or open carry........
Just learned that 5,400,000 people became first time gun owners in 2021. Probably most were Democrats who now that they are gun owners will become Republicans. This also increases the chances that Constitutional Carry as well as concealed/open carry with become law across the entire nation. Great news for the good guys, Scary news for the Bad guys.

It’s a good start.

Lawsuit on that is already going to be heard soon at the Supreme Court.

How freaking disrespectful to his own NYPD officers who were killed in the line of duty on the day of their funerals to claim he "has a plan". What was the plan before they were gunned down?

Just learned that 5,400,000 people became first time gun owners in 2021. Probably most were Democrats who now that they are gun owners will become Republicans. This also increases the chances that Constitutional Carry as well as concealed/open carry with become law across the entire nation. Great news for the good guys, Scary news for the Bad guys.

Sorry to burst your bubble...these democrats will not make the connection between voting for democrats and losing their ability to own and carry a gun...

And vote for a democrat is a vote to ban and confiscate guns.

You all should show the mayor some support.

It's one thing to make a post on a forum that nobody will read, it's a whole another level to have an actual politician pushing the stuff.

Even if it's just writing the mayor and telling him you believe in what he's doing.

Sorry to burst your bubble...these democrats will not make the connection between voting for democrats and losing their ability to own and carry a gun...

And vote for a democrat is a vote to ban and confiscate guns.
Democrats do seem to have a hard time with logic and reasoning. So yes, they might just buy an expensive firearm for home protection and elect Democrats who will pass laws to confiscate that weapon.

Forum List

Back