Zone1 NY hate crimes by race and ethnicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
The information I want to highlight is in the last paragraph of the attached article: In NY thus far this year, there have been 35 hate crimes against blacks, 51 against Asians, and 149 against Jews.

This data is important because the leftists are promoting the idea that blacks are the most victimized minority in the country, when in fact on a per-capita basis (and in NY, in absolute numbers), they are not. Let’s also give attention to the bigotry against Asians and Jewish people, as well.

That is an opinion and not a fact.
Yeah, right. I don’t hear libs suggest higher pay scales for blacks than Asians or Jews, like the ex-governor did in Virginia, or have a disproportionate number of ads showing Asians or Jews, or have MACYs send out their clothing flyer announcing how they’re teaming with Asians to bring “the Asian perspective to five clothing lines,” or Disney teaching little children about the “micro-aggressions” against Jews, or school districts saying Asians and Jews will be the last to be laid off, and blah, blah, blah.

The point is that other minorities are just as subjected to bigotry, if not more so, than blacks - and the focus is on blacks. Even a discussion of how prejudice against other minorities is downplayed compared to blacks is denied - as you attempted to do.

We should be able to discuss this on a subforum geared to prejudice.

Why is it always a competition as to who is the most victimized when even one is too much? I also question stats because they depend on people willing to report. ALL groups are capable of hate and acting on it.

There are also some misleading tropes going around. One that always seems to pop up is that blacks lead in violence against Asians based solely on viral videos.

Yeah, right. I don’t hear libs suggest higher pay scales for blacks than Asians or Jews, like the ex-governor did in Virginia, or have a disproportionate number of ads showing Asians or Jews, or have MACYs send out their clothing flyer announcing how they’re teaming with Asians to bring “the Asian perspective to five clothing lines,” or Disney teaching little children about the “micro-aggressions” against Jews, or school districts saying Asians and Jews will be the last to be laid off, and blah, blah, blah.

The point is that other minorities are just as subjected to bigotry, if not more so, than blacks - and the focus is on blacks. Even a discussion of how prejudice against other minorities is downplayed compared to blacks is denied - as you attempted to do.

We should be able to discuss this on a subforum geared to prejudice.
You are always pointing out how blacks have way too much exposure on TV and the media why not complain about social issues also?

Why is it always a competition as to who is the most victimized when even one is too much? I also question stats because they depend on people willing to report. ALL groups are capable of hate and acting on it.

There are also some misleading tropes going around. One that always seems to pop up is that blacks lead in violence against Asians based solely on viral videos.

It’s not a competition, although I see how you’re annoyed when someone points out that the focus is on blacks when other minorities are just as victimized, and by some measures, even more so.

And no need to defend the thing about blacks not being the ones attacking Asians, although I know your default is to defend the “special“ minority that leftists care most about. You will note that I did NOT report on who the victimizers were in my thread…..just the victims.

Coyote

Also, unless I misunderstood, the new rule is that when moderators jump in to take the opposite side of the OP, the mod cannot then delete some (or any) of the OP’s posts and thus limit the OP’s ability to make her point. Do I have this correct?

It’s not a competition, although I see how you’re annoyed when someone points out that the focus is on blacks when other minorities are just as victimized, and by some measures, even more so.

And no need to defend the thing about blacks not being the ones attacking Asians, although I know your default is to defend the “special“ minority that leftists care most about. You will note that I did NOT report on who the victimizers were in my thread…..just the victims.
Well said.

I don’t it matters who is victimized, so it doesn’t bother me, but I DO like to see actual data supporting claims.

For example, I suspect all this focus on race ignores a much smaller and more vulnerable group that is a proportionately larger recipient of violent hate crime (assault, rape and murder) and that is the transgender community, BUT, I’m looking for actual data still.

You don’t need to given previous threads you’ve posted.

Is it possible to say all hate crimes are bad without splitting and dividing? Division weakens, solidarity strengthens.

For example, like these movements (just two of many):

I don’t it matters who is victimized, so it doesn’t bother me, but I DO like to see actual data supporting claims.

For example, I suspect all this focus on race ignores a much smaller and more vulnerable group that is a proportionately larger recipient of violent hate crime (assault, rape and murder) and that is the transgender community, BUT, I’m looking for actual data still.

You don’t need to given previous threads you’ve posted.

Is it possible to say all hate crimes are bad without splitting and dividing? Division weakens, solidarity strengthens.

For example, like these movements (just two of many):
short, left handed, white, jewish females

Coyote

Also, unless I misunderstood, the new rule is that when moderators jump in to take the opposite side of the OP, the mod cannot then delete some (or any) of the OP’s posts and thus limit the OP’s ability to make her point. Do I have this correct?
This sounds like something you invented. Please note, as a moderator, I SHOULD have closed the thread when you trolled your own thread, but I didn’t. Would you prefer that or some civil discussion instead? In meantime, I am going to put you and I in a discussion with the senior mods on this. Please take all further discussion on rules to PM.

This sounds like something you invented. Please note, as a moderator, I SHOULD have closed the thread when you trolled your own thread, but I didn’t. Would you prefer that or some civil discussion instead? In meantime, I am going to put you and I in a discussion with the senior mods on this. Please take all further discussion on rules to PM.
I don’t see how I trolled my own thread.

Go ahead and delete the thread. Once a mod jumps in to argue with the OP and has the power to delete, the thread is too contaminated for a decent debate.

Sorry I pointed out that Jews and Asians are just as victimized as blacks. I realize it goes against the lefist agenda.

I don’t see how I trolled my own thread.

Go ahead and delete the thread. Once a mod jumps in to argue with the OP and has the power to delete, the thread is too contaminated for a decent debate.

Sorry I pointed out that Jews and Asians are just as victimized as blacks. I realize it goes against the lefist agenda.
Good grief. Since you made this a public issue, here is the deleted post.

I have to agree that any “adult” who has a cartoon mooning other posters as part of his signature has the maturity of a pre-pubescent boy.

Off topic and trolling as were other deleted posts. Next time save us tbe bother and start it in Badlands if your intent is to break zone 1 rules. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back