NY Gov. Hochul’s new gun law prohibits historical reenactor's muzzleloaders, flintlocks, black powder rifles

There you go again, standing on the bodies and bathing in the blood of innocnt childdren as a means to push your mindless aganda.
Textbook sociopathic behavior.

Ummmm, I'm not the one on here worshipping at the alter of the almighty gun.
YAVXTRb.jpg

Ohh... you still think you were insulted.
Well, I can't be held responsible for your willful failure to understand.

So, again:
Why does insulting people make you feel better?
Maybe you don;t know-- maybe it just does, so you just do it?
There's no harm in admitting that.

I do it for the same reason you do!

You know, there isn't a single link or mention of the actual gun law that was passed, or what it concerns exactly in the OP's link. Just a gun blog bitching about what they think is a new restriction on guns.

No, the guns carried in the reenactment wouldn't be prohibited or banned. The law specifically talks about realistic looking guns that are used in the commission of a crime.

Here is a link about the actual law.........................

Here is what they are saying, and it also specifically states that realistic guns (i.e. the muzzleloaders) CAN be used in theatrical productions (of which the reenactment is).

This new law strengthens existing restrictions on imitation weapons by clarifying that permissible imitation weapons must be easily identifiable: they cannot be black, blue, silver or aluminum, and must be colored white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, bright purple, or be made entirely of transparent or translucent materials. While certain imitation weapons are prohibited by certain municipalities, like New York City, this new law will create consistency throughout the state. Limited common-sense exceptions for special use, such as imitation weapons used in theatrical productions, are permitted.

They are saying that they want fake weapons to be readily identifiable as fake weapons to prevent them from being used in a crime or causing police to shoot the person with the fake weapon. Theatrical productions (for you guys that don't know what that means, it means telling a story via the process of acting, which is what the reenactment is) are exempt from this law.

But, criminals will do their best to get around this, probably by painting or modifying their weapons to look fake.
When I read the OP, I thought, "you've got to be kidding me" Even in the UK our reenactors can use muskets to fire black powder blanks at shows, they just need at least one person in the unit to have a shotgun licence to "supervise". Glad to know the OP was spouting BS, thanks.

When I read the OP, I thought, "you've got to be kidding me" Even in the UK our reenactors can use muskets to fire black powder blanks at shows, they just need at least one person in the unit to have a shotgun licence to "supervise". Glad to know the OP was spouting BS, thanks.

Not BS. Some reenactors have already cancelled their events.

"The new firearms law passed by the State of New York and effective September 1st changed more than the handgun permit requirements. Also added are prohibitions against possession of many types of firearms in 'sensitive locations' which include streets, sidewalks, parks and most public locations," the event organizers posted on Facebook on Sept. 4.

"Black powder weapons are not excepted from this ban. Possession of a firearm in public is now a felony," the group said.

"After obtaining a legal opinion, it was determined that we could not continue with holding the event this year. Participants could be subject to arrest. So the event is canceled this year. If the law is modified or overturned we hope to return in the future."

Under the law signed by Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) on July 1, so-called "sensitive areas" include all public parks with few exceptions, airports, houses of worship, government buildings, and all private property except where the owners have posted signage permitting lawful gun owners to carry their firearms. There are limited exemptions for current and retired law enforcement, peace officers, licensed security guards, active-duty military personnel, hunters, and some government employees.

The statute is broad and does not contain exemptions for ceremonial purposes, like Memorial Day or Veterans Day parades, or historical demonstrations like Civil War reenactments.

The Allegheny Highlands Council of Scouts BSA, which helps run the event, has offered refunds to the scouts and families who had registered to participate, the Olean Times Herald reported."

Civil War reenactment canceled because of New York's sweeping gun control law

Not BS. Some reenactors have already cancelled their events.

"The new firearms law passed by the State of New York and effective September 1st changed more than the handgun permit requirements. Also added are prohibitions against possession of many types of firearms in 'sensitive locations' which include streets, sidewalks, parks and most public locations," the event organizers posted on Facebook on Sept. 4.

"Black powder weapons are not excepted from this ban. Possession of a firearm in public is now a felony," the group said.

"After obtaining a legal opinion, it was determined that we could not continue with holding the event this year. Participants could be subject to arrest. So the event is canceled this year. If the law is modified or overturned we hope to return in the future."

Under the law signed by Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) on July 1, so-called "sensitive areas" include all public parks with few exceptions, airports, houses of worship, government buildings, and all private property except where the owners have posted signage permitting lawful gun owners to carry their firearms. There are limited exemptions for current and retired law enforcement, peace officers, licensed security guards, active-duty military personnel, hunters, and some government employees.

The statute is broad and does not contain exemptions for ceremonial purposes, like Memorial Day or Veterans Day parades, or historical demonstrations like Civil War reenactments.

The Allegheny Highlands Council of Scouts BSA, which helps run the event, has offered refunds to the scouts and families who had registered to participate, the Olean Times Herald reported."

Civil War reenactment canceled because of New York's sweeping gun control law
Is this the law you are talking about? Governor Hochul Signs Gun Safety Legislation Strengthening Bans on Realistic-looking Imitation Weapons Used to Commit Crimes.

You're not even close. It was the law the state of New York passed, immediately after the Supreme Court's decision that struck down the state's concealed carry law, as being unconstitutional. The law signed by Hochul designated “sensitive locations” where concealed carrying remains prohibited, among other changes. Some of those "sensitive locations" are places where reenactments have taken place for scores of years. The way the law is written, reenactors are not allowed to carry a firearm, a musket loading type rifle, black powder rifle, or flintlock rifle.

The law is Senate Bill s51001. The one you're referring to is S.687/A.3998

Here is the bill. Look for yourself:

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2021/s51001

Why do the Democrats fear people being able to defend themselves to much?

Because muggers, robbers, rapists, and car jackers are part of the Democrat voting base. The Democrats don't like legally-armed citizens shooting any of them out of self defense, because that would mean fewer votes.

Forum List

Back