NY Congressman is opposed to Freedom of Speech.

Did I call it, or what? :auiqs.jpg:
Yeah but that’s a pretty easy call Oddball , given that Facebook IS a private corporation and NOT a government entity. ;)
A private corporation given special dispensation from libel and anti-trust laws....That's not a "free market" by any stretch.
Sure it is, it’s regulated but it’s still free. Government isn’t inserting themselves into the transactions between Facebook and its customers (other than to take its cut), from what I understand they don’t have any special immunity to anti-trust laws though, I mean other than their ability to buy politicians that is.

Facebook has all the same rights to regulate speech on its platform (I.e. it’s PROPERTY) as you do to throw some schmuck off your property for planting campaign signs on your front lawn.
Surely he wouldn't suppress free speech by throwing someone off his property that is just establishing their freedom.

I never ever see you bitch about my freedom of speech when I get a vacation from USMB....

Trump is no more special than I am....

They are so stupid they don't even understand the First Amendment. They are Commies because they think the federal government should tell Facebook what to do with their site.
wrong again
I am saying that facebook should censor Nadler if they are going to censor liars.

I never ever see you bitch about my freedom of speech when I get a vacation from USMB....

Trump is no more special than I am....

They are so stupid they don't even understand the First Amendment. They are Commies because they think the federal government should tell Facebook what to do with their site.
wrong again
I am saying that facebook should censor Nadler if they are going to censor liars.
Why don't you buy Facebook and do dat?

Yeah but that’s a pretty easy call Oddball , given that Facebook IS a private corporation and NOT a government entity. ;)
A private corporation given special dispensation from libel and anti-trust laws....That's not a "free market" by any stretch.
Sure it is, it’s regulated but it’s still free. Government isn’t inserting themselves into the transactions between Facebook and its customers (other than to take its cut), from what I understand they don’t have any special immunity to anti-trust laws though, I mean other than their ability to buy politicians that is.

Facebook has all the same rights to regulate speech on its platform (I.e. it’s PROPERTY) as you do to throw some schmuck off your property for planting campaign signs on your front lawn.
Surely he wouldn't suppress free speech by throwing someone off his property that is just establishing their freedom.
You don’t have the right to free speech on private property, unless of course you own it.:)

You don’t have the right to free speech on private property, unless of course you own it.:)
My wife says I don't have any free speech no matter where I am at.

The internet is the new public square.....Fascistbook is picking and choosing whose speech is "acceptable" in that public square.

By censoring ideas they do not agree with, they are a publisher, not a platform, and should not be granted the protections platforms enjoy.

By censoring ideas they do not agree with, they are a publisher, not a platform, and should not be granted the protections platforms enjoy.
Publishers censor content they don’t agree with, always have,.

TechNazis.png

Then Fascistbook is a publisher, not a platform.

As such, they waive their privileges and immunities under 230.

No, it doesn't work that way, what Facebook (and every other site on the Internet including THIS ONE) is immune to is lawsuits stemming from content posted by it's USERS. If Facebook, it's employees or designated representatives libel you on Facebook, then you can sue Facebook for it.

If we want to remove that protection then might as well shut down every site on the Internet that allows its users to post on it because who in there right mind is going to open themselves up to liability for what every Joe User happens to post, it's not feasible nor DESIRABLE.

No, it doesn't work that way, what Facebook (and every other site on the Internet including THIS ONE) is immune to is lawsuits stemming from content posted by it's USERS. If Facebook, it's employees or designated representatives libel you on Facebook, then you can sue Facebook for it.

If we want to remove that protection then might as well shut down every site on the Internet that allows its users to post on it because who in there right mind is going to open themselves up to liability for what every Joe User happens to post, it's not feasible nor DESIRABLE.
As a platform not as a publisher, which is the road that Fascistbook and Twaffler have chosen to walk.

Forum List

Back