NY City Council Members Call for Thomas Jefferson Statue To Be Removed From City Hall

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Largest city in the nation, is going to do in one of our key founders, and father of the Declaration of Independence.

Wow, never dreamed we would be here this quickly. I truly thought my side would put up a fight, but frankly, from coast to coast I'm not seeing much resistance to the mob.

Once they get key statues removed, they'll be going for the Holy Grail, and demand our national monuments be removed.

Amid renewed nationwide calls to do away with statues on public property that have connections to slavery or other atrocities, New York City Council has one more they believe needs to come down.

Speaker Corey Johnson, along with other members of the council including the co-chairs of the Black, Latino and Asian caucus, wrote a letter Thursday to Mayor Bill de Blasio demanding a Thomas Jefferson statue be removed from City Hall.

"In the last few weeks, New Yorkers have called on all of us in elected office to make bold change so that communities of color feel heard, protected and represented ... There are disturbing images of divisiveness and racism in our City that need to be revisited immediately. That starts with City Hall," the letter from Johnson, Adrienne Adams, I. Daneek Miller, and fellow council members Deborah Rose and Inez D. Barron read.

If NYC doesn't want it; most everywhere else would be happy to give it a good home. No one expects sanity from NYC anyway.

Forum List

Back