Number of Americans living paycheck to paycheck jumps 7 percent, report shows

Not a Monkeys Uncle

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2022

(The Center Square) – A growing number of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck despite increasing wages, a newly released report found.
PYMNTS and Lending Club released the report, which says that 61% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, an increase of 7 points since May 2021. The report also found 54% of Baby Boomers and seniors are living paycheck to paycheck.

OP comment: Thanks Joe, you keep ruining Americans lives a home and abroad.

• Banned
Perhaps, we all need another round of $1400 stimulus checks for the American people.

That would be the most stupid ignorant thing that could be done. Infusions of printed money have fueled inflation and cause prices on everything to skyrocket. High prices hurt the poor and low income families most of all.

It is tough out here, prices doubling in a year. Somethings not affordable to average working people.

It is all done so that we can not live without the government hand outs.
Exactly! The evil leftists are intentionally trying to drive prices up to where a majority of Americans cannot afford basic expenses, and thus are forced to vote for the Leftists to keep their families fed.

• Banned
Exactly! The evil leftists are intentionally trying to drive prices up to where a majority of Americans cannot afford basic expenses, and thus are forced to vote for the Leftists to keep their families fed.
Thats how they do it

Progs with payout bills have paid their voters off and the corrupted unions and other organizations experiencing resource issues. They are paying off people with kid's massive amounts of money. It seems it pays to be a sloth. Ghettos are going green with government checks come spring and this with checks they are getting now.

Progs with payout bills have paid their voters off and the corrupted unions and other organizations experiencing resource issues. They are paying off people with kid's massive amounts of money. It seems it pays to be a sloth. Ghettos are going green with government checks come spring and this with checks they are getting now.
Yup. Everything is upside down.

The working class families who had previously been shopping at Walmart are now so flush with cash that they are going to Whole Foods, while the middle-class people without kids who had previously been shopping at Safeway are so hard hit by Biden’s inflation that they are going to Walmart.

Yup. Everything is upside down.

The working class families who had previously been shopping at Walmart are now so flush with cash that they are going to Whole Foods, while the middle-class people without kids who had previously been shopping at Safeway are so hard hit by Biden’s inflation that they are going to Walmart.
Yep

When I was in my 20's I WISHED I could live paycheck to paycheck. I had to make progress in my earnings to reach that level. That's how it works.

Being a low-wage person in the U.S. is not a static class, it is a situation that is correctable.
Well, that is true, but it should not be made worse by idiot leftists in DC

This is a lesson for our leftist friends who never had a clue how the economy works. Yes, everybody is making more money, but when you factor in the costs of everything you buy, you are in worse shape today than when you made less money,.

That takes us to the long standing minimum wage debate. Republicans don't want to see the national MW double for the very reason we are seeing today. It would only lead to higher inflation and those on the new minimum wage would be at a loss in the long run. Such an increase would cause a domino effect similar to what we have now which would cause inflation like we have now.

The only entity that would make out is government. The more you make, the more they take.

This is a lesson for our leftist friends who never had a clue how the economy works. Yes, everybody is making more money, but when you factor in the costs of everything you buy, you are in worse shape today than when you made less money,.

That takes us to the long standing minimum wage debate. Republicans don't want to see the national MW double for the very reason we are seeing today. It would only lead to higher inflation and those on the new minimum wage would be at a loss in the long run. Such an increase would cause a domino effect similar to what we have now which would cause inflation like we have now.

The only entity that would make out is government. The more you make, the more they take.

Good post.

Remember, a dollar is only as valuable as the market says it is. If I make double my wages, but the value of a dollar is only 33% of what it was before, then I am making less money. Thats what inflation does.

Good post.

Remember, a dollar is only as valuable as the market says it is. If I make double my wages, but the value of a dollar is only 33% of what it was before, then I am making less money. Thats what inflation does.

Besides the government, the only other people who make out are the Chinese when it costs more to make products here. That's how unions chased our jobs to their country among others.

(The Center Square) – A growing number of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck despite increasing wages, a newly released report found.
PYMNTS and Lending Club released the report, which says that 61% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, an increase of 7 points since May 2021. The report also found 54% of Baby Boomers and seniors are living paycheck to paycheck.

OP comment: Thanks Joe, you keep ruining Americans lives a home and abroad.
The systematic destruction of the middle class continues and worsens...

Forum List

Back