Nuclear Football Handler: Clinton Actually DID Lose Nuclear Launch Codes, Trump Did Not

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012

"Tristan Snell, who previously was involved in legal action against the New York businessman over Trump University, raised the concern with his 251,000 Twitter followers.

He asked: "Serious question now: Does Donald Trump have the nuclear codes at Mar-a-Lago?"

However, the suggestion was rejected by Buzz Patterson, an author who served as senior military aide to President Bill Clinton between 1996 and 1998.

During this time Patterson was responsible for Clinton's emergency satchel, more commonly known as the nuclear football, which can be used by the president to launch a nuclear strike whilst they are away from designated command centers.

He tweeted: "For those who buy the lie that President Trump "stole" nuclear codes. It doesn't work like that. Codes change when presidents change. It's not that intriguing."

Patterson's message struck a chord with other social media users, receiving more than 8,000 likes and 2,000 retweets.

The author had earlier used Twitter to comment on reports President Clinton's nuclear codes were briefly lost in 2000, after he'd stepped down as senior military aide.

Patterson wrote: "Just a reminder, but Bill Clinton actually LOST the nuclear codes during my tenure with him. We weren't raided.""

Actually, it wasn't Clinton who lost the codes, it was his aide, and Clinton presumed that the codes were with the aide like they were supposed to be, even when they weren't, and it was his staff that kept him from knowing about it.

From your link..............................

In his 2010 memoir 'Without Hesitation: The Odyssey of an American Warrior' General Hugh Shelton, Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1997 to 2001, sensationally claimed Clinton's launch codes were misplaced.

General Shelton recounted how Pentagon officials repeatedly asked to see the codes "around the year 2000," only to be told they were with the president.

He wrote: "This comedy of errors went on, without President Clinton's knowledge I'm sure, until it was finally time to collect the current set and replace them with the new edition.

"At this point we learned that the aide had no idea where the old ones were, because they had been missing for months.

"The President never did have them, but he assumed, I'm sure, that the aide had them like he was supposed to."

He said that the codes were misplaced without the president's knowledge, and it was the aide who did it. Sorry, but this is a thread fail, especially since Clinton didn't know about it because his staff kept the knowledge about the codes being misplaced from him. It helps to fully read a link rather than just the title and first couple of sentences, because then you won't make false accusations about the subject of your thread.

Last edited:
Actually, it wasn't Clinton who lost the codes, it was his aide, and Clinton presumed that the codes were with the aide like they were supposed to be, even when they weren't, and it was his staff that kept him from knowing about it.

From your link..............................

In his 2010 memoir 'Without Hesitation: The Odyssey of an American Warrior' General Hugh Shelton, Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1997 to 2001, sensationally claimed Clinton's launch codes were misplaced.

General Shelton recounted how Pentagon officials repeatedly asked to see the codes "around the year 2000," only to be told they were with the president.

He wrote: "This comedy of errors went on, without President Clinton's knowledge I'm sure, until it was finally time to collect the current set and replace them with the new edition.

"At this point we learned that the aide had no idea where the old ones were, because they had been missing for months.

"The President never did have them, but he assumed, I'm sure, that the aide had them like he was supposed to."

He said that the codes were misplaced without the president's knowledge, and it was the aide who did it. Sorry, but this is a thread fail, especially since Clinton didn't know about it because his staff kept the knowledge about the codes being misplaced from him. It helps to fully read a link rather than just the title and first couple of sentences, because then you won't make false accusations about the subject of your thread.

The buck stops with the president. He is the commander n chief. Everything falls on his shoulders. So yes, CLINTON lost the nuclear go codes.

The nuclear codes are changed daily, so even if Trump had them at Mar a Lago they are at least 575 days expired.

The buck stops with the president. He is the commander n chief. Everything falls on his shoulders. So yes, CLINTON lost the nuclear go codes.

The nuclear codes are changed daily, so even if Trump had them at Mar a Lago they are at least 575 days expired.

Might wanna read the OP's link, because not only does it say that the aide misplaced them and that his staff kept him from knowing about it, it also says this....................

He tweeted: "For those who buy the lie that President Trump "stole" nuclear codes. It doesn't work like that. Codes change when presidents change. It's not that intriguing."

The person in the article who is supposed to have some knowledge about it says that the codes change when the president changes. I'd believe a person who actually handled the stuff rather than a poster on a messageboard such as yourself, unless you have legitimate links to back up your claim.

Did he take them back to Arkansas or NY with him?

No?

Thread fail.

~~~~~~

Bill Clinton once lost the nuclear codes for months, and a 'comedy of errors' kept anyone from finding out​

• The codes needed to launch a US nuclear strike are supposed to be kept close to the president at all times.
  • A department within the Defense Department is tasked with overseeing all aspects of the nuclear-launch process, including the codes.
  • During Bill Clinton's presidency, officials from that department discovered the codes had gone missing.
**********​
**********​
**********​

Did he take them back to Arkansas or NY with him?

No?

Thread fail.

He [Clinton] took them with him when he was POTUS, that is when he didn't misplace them for weeks.

After a POTUS leaves office the codes are changed. Trump never had the codes after leaving office although it is quite understandable you believed he put them in a fundraising letter. :auiqs.jpg:

~~~~~~

Bill Clinton once lost the nuclear codes for months, and a 'comedy of errors' kept anyone from finding out​

• The codes needed to launch a US nuclear strike are supposed to be kept close to the president at all times.
  • A department within the Defense Department is tasked with overseeing all aspects of the nuclear-launch process, including the codes.
  • During Bill Clinton's presidency, officials from that department discovered the codes had gone missing.
**********​
**********​
**********​
I blame the deep state. Not sure why you're bringing up this event from last century but what can I say...losers are going to lose.

Might wanna read the OP's link, because not only does it say that the aide misplaced them and that his staff kept him from knowing about it, it also says this....................

The person in the article who is supposed to have some knowledge about it says that the codes change when the president changes. I'd believe a person who actually handled the stuff rather than a poster on a messageboard such as yourself, unless you have legitimate links to back up your claim.

Um, ok. The source you're relying on is Newsweek. Codes don't change when the president changes. Codes change EVERY SINGLE DAY. Fucking idiot. I have extensive study in our nuclear arsenal, how a strike would be called in, etc. I've studied nuclear war maps. etc. I can promise I know more than you would ever hope to know about anything nuclear related. Do you even know what the biscuit is? The nuclear football everyone knows.

"Gold Codes are generated daily and provided by the National Security Agency (NSA) to the White House, The Pentagon, United States Strategic Command and TACAMO".

Now, do you feel stupid because you surely LOOK stupid.

Last edited:
Um, ok. The source you're relying on is Newsweek. Codes don't change when the president changes. Codes change EVERY SINGLE DAY. Fucking idiot. I have extensive study in our nuclear arsenal, how a strike would be called in, etc. I've studied nuclear war maps. etc. I can promise I know more than you would ever hope to know about anything nuclear related. Do you even know what the biscuit is? The nuclear football everyone knows.

Now, do you feel stupid because you surely LOOK stupid.
What is the biscuit

Factually incorrect. The person who was supposed to handle them, lost them. Not the President. This is described in the link in the OP.

You didn't read it...did you...boy?
\
Nope.

Patterson wrote: "Just a reminder, but Bill Clinton actually LOST the nuclear codes during my tenure with him. We weren't raided.""

\
Nope.

Patterson thinks the president Carrie’s the nuclear football? He’s dumber than you. And that’s saying quite a bit.

Forum List

Back