'Nubian queen' becomes Sudan protest symbol

Sudan is the largest country in Africa where millions have died in an insidious conflict between the north and the south… there are nonstop tribal rivalries and wars over resources… human lives exchanged for material goods in some of the most difficult situations I’ve seen in my life. I photographed the war in 2002. When separation happened after the war and it was declared over, I hoped lives would get better… but the killing continued. Bashir is finally out and I hope this signals promise for the Sudanese people.

Sudan is the largest country in Africa where millions have died in an insidious conflict between the north and the south… there are nonstop tribal rivalries and wars over resources… human lives exchanged for material goods in some of the most difficult situations I’ve seen in my life. I photographed the war in 2002. When separation happened after the war and it was declared over, I hoped lives would get better… but the killing continued. Bashir is finally out and I hope this signals promise for the Sudanese people.
what you can say about Darfur ? war with south Sudan has ended many years ago

Forum List

Back