Now that John Boehner is Speaker.....Is he going to fly Coach?

Damn Republicans don't gie a Shit about saving money!

btw, you must have me confused with your liberal buddies that will accept any stupid blog as proof
LOL

Why would a Pelosi Boot-Licker have a problem with the new House Speaker using Military Planes? Seems incredibly dishonest & hypocritical to me. These people didn't have a problem when Pelosi was abusing it and throwing her lavish parties. Never heard one Pelosi Boot-Licker criticize her. In fact they only lined up to defend her. So these are the last people who should be bitchin about this one. What a joke.

This is an example of the magic of this election...we'll get to see who the hypocrites are!!!

Let's wait and see how Boener flies...if he flies like Pelosi, I expect that YOU will be the first person to create a thread about it.

Otherwise, YOU are the hypocrite.

(For the record, I don't care about any of it)

btw, you must have me confused with your liberal buddies that will accept any stupid blog as proof
LOL

Rightwingers cover up for your own when he wastes $200million a day of taxpayer money...just like when Bush was President

RDEAn, errr a rightwinger, where were you to complain when Pelosi insisted on a plane that cost 10X the amount to fly then the one her predecessor made do with?

I can guarantee you I'll be pissed if the new Speaker doesn't scale back from what Princess Pelosi used.

India wouldn't say it if it weren't TRUE
OMG, then it must be so. It's on the internets.
i'm not a braindead lib moron(*disclaimer: not all libs are either braindead or morons), i dont believe that something is true if its on the internet

DiveCon

Looks like I owe you an apology. I could have sworn that my sources on the Interweb and in India would not have given me bad information.

It appears that John Boehner will not be spending $200 million a day for a fleet of personal aircraft. In thinking it over, for a single man to spend $200million a day is beyond credibility. I dare say almost as impossible for Obama to be able to spend $200 million a day on a trip to India.

I imagine I owe John Boehner a BIG apology for smearing his name like that and making wild accusations about his spending habits. I intend to offer it as soon as Rush Limbaugh and the Fox News posse apologize to President Obama for their unwarranted criticism

snopes.com: President Obama's Asian Trip - $200 Million per Day?

The House Speaker is required to fly on military aircraft rather than commercial carriers, as are other high ranking political officials. I don't recall now if they enacted a law or it's just House rules, but the change was made for security reasons in the aftermath of 9/11.

The flap over Pelosi when she became Speaker was that she requested a bigger jet than Dennis Hastert had been using. The Hastert's smaller jet that carried him home to Illinois didn't have the range to get to San Francisco nonstop, so to this conservative it was a reasonable request. However, I think the issue then got heated up because Pelosi wanted something bigger than smaller planes that could make the nonstop run.

I would bet dollars to donuts that Boehner reverts back to a Hastert type plane for his short flights to Ohio.

Forum List

Back