November 6 - day of humiliation, fasting, and prayer

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Some of us are doing a day of humiliation, fasting, and prayer for our nation on Nov 6 before the election. We spend the day humbling ourselves before God and fasting and praying for healing. We are not doing it about any specific candidate, but so that God's will will be done.

I invite everyone who wants to join in seeking God's blessings for our nation, no matter what party, creed, or faith to fast and pray with us. If medical reasons prevent fasting please still join us in prayer

Some of us are doing a day of humiliation, fasting, and prayer for our nation on Nov 6 before the election. We spend the day humbling ourselves before God and fasting and praying for healing. We are not doing it about any specific candidate, but so that God's will will be done.

I invite everyone who wants to join in seeking God's blessings for our nation, no matter what party, creed, or faith to fast and pray with us. If medical reasons prevent fasting please still join us in prayer
Sometimes His will is for us to suffer. I know that sounds bad, but the reality is that until one suffers the consequences of their actions, they can't change their ways. We humans have a bad habit of forgetting our ways when we experience good times. It is the bad times that make us remember and return to successful behaviors.

The problem is that for many theists once they have spent the day ‘praying for healing’ they’ll return the next day to trying to harm the Nation by seeking to deny women their right to privacy, gay Americans their right to equal protection of the law, and Muslims their First Amendment rights.

Rather than spending just one day trying to express concern for the Nation, theists instead need to spend every day of the year respecting the rights and protected liberties of others, and not attempting to disadvantage through force of law those whom they fear and unjustly condemn.

The problem is that for many theists once they have spent the day ‘praying for healing’ they’ll return the next day to trying to harm the Nation by seeking to deny women their right to privacy, gay Americans their right to equal protection of the law, and Muslims their First Amendment rights.

Rather than spending just one day trying to express concern for the Nation, theists instead need to spend every day of the year respecting the rights and protected liberties of others, and not attempting to disadvantage through force of law those whom they fear and unjustly condemn.
You know what would be awesome? If you could put this post to the music from Dudley Do-Right. You know the music they played whenever Snidely Whiplash was doing his sinister deeds. And then we could all read your comment out loud in a Dudley D-Right voice. Tell you what? You make an OP for each one of those topics like I did the one on atheism as a religion, and then I will show you how to deconstruct lies rather than wave my arms and make false accusations. How does that sound, brother?

Day of humiliation? Is that the day that you have to admit publicly that having an invisible friend in another dimension is delusional?

Forum List

Back