Not Sure Where We (My Fiancée and I) Went Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not pissed at her, she's pissed at us and isn't Uber expensive?

No more so than a cab.
But then I've only used uber once to go pick up my truck.
Do you not own a vehicle at all? If thats the case the cost of an uber is nothing compared to a car payment or insurance.
Me personally? I avoid asking people for favors because I hate feeling obligated to return the favor.
Had a guy I know who wanted me to tow his car with my truck to a car repair place five miles away. I flat out told him no and to call a wrecker like everyone else. He's also the same guy who I took fishing and he broke my brand new never used bait bucket and never mentioned anything to me about replacing it.
If it were me I'd plan ahead if I wanted to go out with the Wife and not ask a family member for transportation.
Not ragging on you or anything just suggesting you dont put yourself in a position to cause a family feud.

Okay first before I tell you guys this story, please no comments from the peanut gallery alright? Neither me or my fiancée drive right now even though we're in our early thirties. I don't feel comfortable behind the wheel right now, (and neither does my family and for the record we both have disabilities) and he's just starting to feel safe with it and currently working on his license. Anyways, currently we both need to depend on other ways for transportation.

So on Monday we went to go to the movie theater to go see the I Can movie. We got another means of transportation to the theater and his mother said that she was going to be out anyways at the nearby mall so (by her own free will) she told us that she would go ahead and pick us up and to let us know when the movie was going to be over. My fiancée texted her once the movie was ending while I went to the restroom so that she could ahead and pick us up. (The mall is only a few minutes away)

So after I come out of the restroom and rejoin my fiancée, we go outside and she hasn't shown up yet. He gives her a call and it goes straight to voicemail. So we don't have a clue what's going on and if she's still going to pick us up so he calls her again and finds out what's going on and she said that she's sorry that she lost track of the time. He says that's alright but she should have gotten her priorities straight with her commitment and had been watching the time, (I said this) or at least text one of us to say that she couldn't make it and is it possible for us to make other arrangements and that was very irresponsible of her.

We wound up getting another ride but she totally went off on us and hasn't spoken to either one of us since. Although we both have apologized for upsetting her, (not sorry for what we said though) and the ball is currently in her court. It still beats the heck out of me of why she's the one mad at us when she kept us waiting. We get that she made a mistake and she's sorry for it, but she's still the one at fault not us as she could have always said at any point that she might not be able to get us after all.
I’d say .. send flowers as an act of appreciation for past and future favors.. kindness is a 2 way street and it sounds like a little nurturing regardless of the facts will provide future smiles all round..

Yeah, I don't own a vehicle and that's alright, I get what you're saying. Hopefully we just can get this all worked out, I was just wondering what about what we said made her all upset when it was the truth. We aren't mad at her, we just think that she should have handled the situation differently is all, but it was a simple mistake and water all underneath the bridge for us.

Yeah, I don't own a vehicle and that's alright, I get what you're saying. Hopefully we just can get this all worked out, I was just wondering what about what we said made her all upset when it was the truth. We aren't mad at her, we just think that she should have handled the situation differently is all, but it was a simple mistake and water all underneath the bridge for us.
What you asking us for? Ask her what ticket her off.

She's probably just pissed because you called her out when she was doing you a favor.
It's a natural reaction from someone who feels like you dont have a reason to be pissed since she was doing you a favor in the first place.

I could tell you some horror stories about my brother who felt like everyone owed him something.
Of course he's a psychopath.....

She's probably just pissed because you called her out when she was doing you a favor.
It's a natural reaction from someone who feels like you dont have a reason to be pissed since she was doing you a favor in the first place.

I could tell you some horror stories about my brother who felt like everyone owed him something.
Of course he's a psychopath.....

I did say that this was out of her own free will though right? I never thought or believed that she owed us anything. She also didn't wind up doing us a favor though but like I said before neither me or my fiancee are holding it against her anymore. The only person who hasn't moved on yet is her and this is Wednesday, it happened Monday. She needs to put the past behind her and I mean that in the nicest and most loving way possible.

Okay first before I tell you guys this story, please no comments from the peanut gallery alright? Neither me or my fiancée drive right now even though we're in our early thirties. I don't feel comfortable behind the wheel right now, (and neither does my family and for the record we both have disabilities) and he's just starting to feel safe with it and currently working on his license. Anyways, currently we both need to depend on other ways for transportation.

So on Monday we went to go to the movie theater to go see the I Can movie. We got another means of transportation to the theater and his mother said that she was going to be out anyways at the nearby mall so (by her own free will) she told us that she would go ahead and pick us up and to let us know when the movie was going to be over. My fiancée texted her once the movie was ending while I went to the restroom so that she could ahead and pick us up. (The mall is only a few minutes away)

So after I come out of the restroom and rejoin my fiancée, we go outside and she hasn't shown up yet. He gives her a call and it goes straight to voicemail. So we don't have a clue what's going on and if she's still going to pick us up so he calls her again and finds out what's going on and she said that she's sorry that she lost track of the time. He says that's alright but she should have gotten her priorities straight with her commitment and had been watching the time, (I said this) or at least text one of us to say that she couldn't make it and is it possible for us to make other arrangements and that was very irresponsible of her.

We wound up getting another ride but she totally went off on us and hasn't spoken to either one of us since. Although we both have apologized for upsetting her, (not sorry for what we said though) and the ball is currently in her court. It still beats the heck out of me of why she's the one mad at us when she kept us waiting. We get that she made a mistake and she's sorry for it, but she's still the one at fault not us as she could have always said at any point that she might not be able to get us after all.
How long did you have to wait?

If what you said to her is true, you were very rude.

I did say that this was out of her own free will though right? I never thought or believed that she owed us anything. She also didn't wind up doing us a favor though but like I said before neither me or my fiancee are holding it against her anymore. The only person who hasn't moved on yet is her and this is Wednesday, it happened Monday. She needs to put the past behind her and I mean that in the nicest and most loving way possible.

Ya gotta try and make amends since it's family.
I haven't spoke to my brother in years because he robbed my mother blind when she developed dementia when she gave him control of her money.
He expected us to pay for her years of assisted living after he stole all her money. In the end we forced him out of the house my mother paid the 20k down payment on since he hadnt paid her a dime that he owed her. We used the sale of the house to help pay for her assisted living.
The Wife and I had bailed him out of constant troubles and that was the final straw.
He pulled this kind of shit his whole life and I reached the end of my rope.
You should thank your lucky stars that this is the worst thing you've had to deal with as far as family goes.

Sorry to hear that but again we're working on trying to make amends, but she has to be willing to as well.

That shouldnt be too hard for her considering how minor this altercation is.

I'm hoping so. I'll probably find out between tonight and tomorrow as he's going to talk to her to see if it's possible that we all can bury the hatchet.

Well she might be willing to go ahead and talk about this. Just waiting for an answer, but if she agrees then I'll go ahead and see if I can make arrangements to be over there tomorrow. :)

Edit: Everybody has just decided to move on now so that's good where everything is fine.

Last edited:
It also looks like they want my help cleaning on Wednesday so I'm down for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back