Not So Green Energy Wind Turbines

Such a great thread it deserves to go back up to the top of the list! Yo Momma.
Cult.jpg

That is changing as we post;

Lying again. Useless to lie about something so easy to check. But then, because you are too lazy to check, you assume everyone else is. The majority of us are not feckless "Conservatives".

"Wind turbines produce no greenhouse gas emissions during their operation. It takes a turbine just three to six months to produce the amount of energy that goes into its manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and decommissioning after its 20-25 year lifetime."

"Climate change" is NOT a "crisis." It is a political fabrication, admitted by a high-ranking United Nations hack. I quoted him here: theglobalwarmingfraud
LOL Anyone making a statement like that is beyond stupid. The polar sea ice getting less every decade is a fabrication? The ice loss in Greenland and Antarctica is a fabrication? The fires burning at present in the western states, Siberia, Europe, and North Africa are fabrications? I bet you also think that Covid is a fabrication and that Trump never lies.

Well, have you ever bought anything from China that lasted more than a month? :102:
Yes, many tools and appliances. The biggest danger I see in the economics of China is that they are following the same path as Japan. Started out building junk to sell cheap to get the finances to educate their people and build factories that produce superior products to ours.

There is no government subsidies for the solar panels we use for pool heating.

I was referring to the solar panels used to generate electricity as the ones that get the subsidies.

As an engineer I have done the economic calculations on solar electricity generation. Unless you live in Southwest and unless you get the government subsidies it is hardly worthwhile.
So full of shit you are.

1629003202331.png

Kind of dumb to get rid of your energy supplier until the other energy producers are up and running. Ask Texas...
The primary loss of power in Texas was from gas. But they also lost power from Nuclear and Coal. The lost some from wind, and that is simply a reflection of their incompetence. Because in the Dakotas, it was colder and for longer, but their wind mills did not quit. They winterized them. Had Texas done the same for all of it's power sources, they would not have had that massive failure.

Stop confusing Democrats with facts please. Their feeling good about themselves outweighs reality, costs, common sense and America's future, you racist polluter!:meow:
There are more raptors killed on the roads that run near the wind turbines that are killed by the turbines. But you assholes never mention that. Proof that you are nothing but hypocritical shills for the fossil fuel corporations.

1629003702420.png

Anyone except Native American Indians could face prison time for possession of a single eagle feather but what do they do with all those eagle and other endangered bird bodies that are killed by windmills? The Obama administration issued an executive order that pardoned the windmill industry for killing migratory birds. What is the cost of de-icing windmills with fossil fuel helicopters? What happens when the gigantic blades get out of balance or screech to a halt in sub zero weather?

Bird deaths drop 80% if one windmill blade is black.

There is no government subsidies for the solar panels we use for pool heating.

I was referring to the solar panels used to generate electricity as the ones that get the subsidies.

As an engineer I have done the economic calculations on solar electricity generation. Unless you live in Southwest and unless you get the government subsidies it is hardly worthwhile.

Solar hot water works extremely well in South Carolina and Georgia.

What sort of engineer are you?

Solar hot water works extremely well in South Carolina and Georgia.

What sort of engineer are you?

Define "extremely well".

The sun can heat up water if the sun is out and there is little wind or lower ambient temperature to sap away the heat.

My pool solar panels work great with the Florida summer sunshine. However, they also take heat out of the pool on cloudy and rainy days. For instance, a couple of weeks ago we had four days of cloudy rainy weather. It took about ten degrees out of the pool.

In the summer time the solar panels are good for heating the pool about 10-12 degrees. In the winter we get only about a 3-5 degree increase in temperature. Wind really saps away the heat. Rain makes the solar panels work as a cooling radiator.

As far as general household hot water solar collectors will work to provide a supplement to your hot water use. Under the right conditions it may even supply all you need for that day. However, for a typical American household you better have backup or you will be taking some cold showers during a large part of the year.

I have done the engineering cost analysis for pool water heating and it was worthwhile to put in the panels.

I have also done the engineering cost analysis for general electricity generation and it is not worthwhile. Even living in the Sunshine State and even with government subsidies. It is cheaper to buy electricity from the grid. Being an Engineer I knew how to look at the real life cycle cost and to use real solar output data, not rely on what some solar salesman told me.

I once considered putting in a solar system for hot water when I built a new home back in the 1980s but there was not great technology back then and it was not worth the effort.

In Florida our attic areas over the garages are great heat traps. A good friend of mine (also an Engineer) decided to put in a matrix of pipes to collect the heat for his household water supply. It worked to a certain degree but never to the degree that he had anticipated.

Define "extremely well".

The sun can heat up water if the sun is out and there is little wind or lower ambient temperature to sap away the heat.

My pool solar panels work great with the Florida summer sunshine. However, they also take heat out of the pool on cloudy and rainy days. For instance, a couple of weeks ago we had four days of cloudy rainy weather. It took about ten degrees out of the pool.

In the summer time the solar panels are good for heating the pool about 10-12 degrees. In the winter we get only about a 3-5 degree increase in temperature. Wind really saps away the heat. Rain makes the solar panels work as a cooling radiator.

As far as general household hot water solar collectors will work to provide a supplement to your hot water use. Under the right conditions it may even supply all you need for that day. However, for a typical American household you better have backup or you will be taking some cold showers during a large part of the year.

I have done the engineering cost analysis for pool water heating and it was worthwhile to put in the panels.

I have also done the engineering cost analysis for general electricity generation and it is not worthwhile. Even living in the Sunshine State and even with government subsidies. It is cheaper to buy electricity from the grid. Being an Engineer I knew how to look at the real life cycle cost and to use real solar output data, not rely on what some solar salesman told me.

I once considered putting in a solar system for hot water when I built a new home back in the 1980s but there was not great technology back then and it was not worth the effort.

In Florida our attic areas over the garages are great heat traps. A good friend of mine (also an Engineer) decided to put in a matrix of pipes to collect the heat for his household water supply. It worked to a certain degree but never to the degree that he had anticipated.

I put a large fan in my attic that pulled hot air once the temperature reached 85 degrees. Between that and my solar panels, my utility bill was cut in half year round. Five kids and four bathrooms plus non stop laundry.

Define "extremely well".

We had a solar hot water system for 16 by 24 pool for a while. Now this is not down south, this is Portland, Oregon. On a March weekend, left it running. A warm weekend for March, about 65 degrees. Came back on Monday, and the pool was much warmer than expected. Basically, from the personal experience with the hot water system, and observation of other people I know that have installed solar panels, I would have to say you are full of shit.

We had a solar hot water system for 16 by 24 pool for a while. Now this is not down south, this is Portland, Oregon. On a March weekend, left it running. A warm weekend for March, about 65 degrees. Came back on Monday, and the pool was much warmer than expected. Basically, from the personal experience with the hot water system, and observation of other people I know that have installed solar panels, I would have to say you are full of shit.
I told you that solar heat can work in limited circumstances. Your reading comprehension skills are not that great, are they? Go back and read what I wrote. Don't be smoking pot while you are reading.

When I lived in Washgington state (on the desert side) nobody bothered with the solar systems for their pools, even in the hot desert summer. The few people that had pools mostly used gas or electric. Electric was cheap because of the hydro power from the Columbia River and the nuclear power plant.

Yes Moon Bat attic fans work. We all know that. We have know that since electricity was invented.

What else you got? Let me guess, you put in ceiling insulation?

I told you that solar heat can work in limited circumstances. Your reading comprehension skills are not that great, are they? Go back and read what I wrote. Don't be smoking pot while you are reading.

When I lived in Washgington state (on the desert side) nobody bothered with the solar systems for their pools, even in the hot desert summer. The few people that had pools mostly used gas or electric. Electric was cheap because of the hydro power from the Columbia River and the nuclear power plant.
Hydro is cheap, nuclear is insanely expensive. The Lazard unsubsidized costs of energy;

1629046434876.png

Well, that does not seem to be the case now. Multiple businesses selling solar hot water for pool heating. This is just one of them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back