NOT one conservative seems angry about $850 billion a year..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
the number one and two causes of high health insurance premiums and continued Medicare spiraling costs which are:

1) (PLEASE SEE BELOW survey!!!) physicians surveyed said:
Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year.
This is 26% to 34% of all US healthcare costs.
  • Up to 92% of US physicians practice defensive medicine.
  • 76% of physicians report that defensive medicine decreases patient access to healthcare.
  • 53% of physicians report delaying new techniques, procedures, and treatments due to fear of lawsuits.
  • Patients most affected by defensive medicine include those visiting emergency rooms and those requiring surgery.
  • Women are most affected by defensive medicine.
  • Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
  • 79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

2) "In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) states any hospital taking Medicare payments must see uninsured people! Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
As a result hospitals "pad and pass" on to Medicare sometimes marking up 6,000% over their costs claims so they can recoup their
expense for seeing uninsured! HOW f...king stupid!

So if the people that make the claims i.e. Doctors say they send duplicate, referrals,etc. all out of FEAR of lawsuits and they would NOT send claims why do even conservatives NOT be outraged at lawyers?

Obama care taxes tanning salons as they allegedly cause cancer.
Obama won't tax lawyers at 10% of their $200 billion a year income because lawyers gave him and congress $300 million in 2008 alone!

So between the $850 billion a year... in defensive medicine and because of EMTALA hospitals over charge sometimes by 6,000% there is easily $200 billion a year in savings between the reduction in defensive medicine and using the $20 billion tax on lawyers to pay the premium for the TRULY 4 million people that WANT and NEED insurance that hospitals currently see and then pass on by overcharging Medicare..i.e. EMTALA!!! Most uninsured unable to pay hospital bills according to new HHS report

Other studies have estimated that the bills for all types of health care that the uninsured cannot pay – the uncompensated cost of care – is up to $73 billion a year, a significant portion of which is shifted into higher costs for Americans with insurance and their employers
Most uninsured unable to pay hospital bills according to new HHS report

So the solution is tax lawyers 10% use the $20 billion to pay $5,000 premiums for the 4 million truly uninsured.
Audit hospitals that send their uninsured expenses as claims against the $5,000 premiums and NOT use their uncompensated costs
by padding and passing on to insurance and employers... SEE Most uninsured unable to pay hospital bills according to new HHS report

Careful who you listen to. The same doctors who prescribe these tests and such PROFIT by these tests and such.

this country needs tort reform ASAP.

but it won't happen

"Not one Conservative" huh?

You're an idiot who never paid attention to any of the debates did you?

Go back to sleep. You look smarter that way.

Careful who you listen to. The same doctors who prescribe these tests and such PROFIT by these tests and such.

Are you a Doctor? Do you have any dealing daily with physicians as I do?
THE Majority of doctors don't make ANYTHING off these tests!

You NEVER NEVER heard of The Stark law is a limitation on certain physician referrals. It prohibits physician referrals of designated health services ("DHS") for Medicare and Medicaid patients if the physician (or an immediate family member) has a financial relationship with that entity. 42 U.S.C. 1395nn. A financial relationship includes ownership, investment interest, and compensation arrangements. 42 U.S.C. 1395nn(h)(5). The term “referral” is defined more broadly than merely recommending a vendor of DHS to a patient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stark_Law
Dumb f...k!!!!

Last edited:

So idiot!!! Why then would they complain if they are making money off the $850 billion in defensive medicine???

Why would these physicians say:
  • 76% of physicians report that defensive medicine decreases patient access to healthcare.
  • 53% of physicians report delaying new techniques, procedures, and treatments due to fear of lawsuits.
  • Patients most affected by defensive medicine include those visiting emergency rooms and those requiring surgery.
  • Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

You NEVER NEVER heard of The Stark law is a limitation on certain physician referrals. It prohibits physician referrals of designated health services ("DHS") for Medicare and Medicaid patients if the physician (or an immediate family member) has a financial relationship with that entity. 42 U.S.C. 1395nn. A financial relationship includes ownership, investment interest, and compensation arrangements. 42 U.S.C. 1395nn(h)(5). The term “referral” is defined more broadly than merely recommending a vendor of DHS to a patient.
Stark Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dumb f...k!!!!

Sorry sir to upset you but we have all been in a Hospital when a doctor has stuck his head in a room for a minute then charged the insurance company up the kazoo. You may actually be more right then I am but to say there is no quid pro quo between the testers and the doctors seems to me to be a stretch.

So idiot!!! Why then would they complain if they are making money off the $850 billion in defensive medicine???

Chalk it up to everyone whines. My doctor has not prescribed anything I would call defensive tests. And if a doctor does and the patient doesn't need it then that doctor is either incompetent or in cahoots.

Stark Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dumb f...k!!!!

Sorry sir to upset you but we have all been in a Hospital when a doctor has stuck his head in a room for a minute then charged the insurance company up the kazoo. You may actually be more right then I am but to say there is no quid pro quo between the testers and the doctors seems to me to be a stretch.

so? did you check his work hours? did you check how many patients without any insurance he has to treat because of the EMTALA?

Chalk it up to everyone whines. My doctor has not prescribed anything I would call defensive tests. And if a doctor does and the patient doesn't need it then that doctor is either incompetent or in cahoots.

you simply have no idea what are and what are not defensive tests or medications.
they are well hidden in the needed ones.

Forum List

Back