Not all debates are pretty

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
This one surely was not. However a lot more happened last night than just the debate.
Anyone who saw Biden as even partially moderate heard him commit to a full left-wing agenda last night. This has been a very polarizing political season with a very small wedge of swing voters in between. Trump, although he appeared to be boorish I believe reached his goal in this debate. Most of the votes are already decided and nothing's going to change them. The ones who are not decided are listening for things like drug pricing, plans for the green New deal, intentions to move forward or backward on international trade relations, intentions to open or close the border and finally looking for some indicator that the candidates they're looking at will put America first. I believe Trump reached that goal successfully last night but he had to do it by arguing against two opponents. The guy on the other mic and the moderator worked together to present a united front against him but despite that he still reached small wedge of undecided people with the details they were looking for. Those who thought Trump was rude and out of line last night should remember that Romney was a perfect gentleman when he lost to Obama.

Jo

Last edited:
This one surely was not. However a lot more happened last night than just the debate.
Anyone who saw Biden as even partially moderate heard him commit to a full left-wing agenda last night. This has been a very polarizing political season with a very small wedge of swing voters in between. Trump, although he appeared to be boorish I believe reached his goal in this debate. Most of the votes are already decided and nothing's going to change them. The ones who are not decided are listening for things like drug pricing, plans for the green New deal, intentions to move forward or backward on international trade relations, intentions to open or close the border and finally looking for some indicator that the candidates they're looking at will put America first. I believe Trump reached that goal successfully last night but he had to do it by arguing against two opponents. The guy on the other mic and the moderator worked together to present a united front against him but despite that he still reached small wedge of undecided people with the details they were looking for.

Jo
But i dont think president Trump gained any new voters...that he needed.

Women
Blacks
Seniors

moderate heard him commit to a full left-wing agenda last night.

False of what I could tell after tramp acting like a bully and child, he should of had his arse whipped.
I know that what I would of done with my child acting out.

The only time Trump shut up was when they asked him to denounce white supremacists. He made the debate a travesty by refusing to play by the rules just like he did the presidency.

Anyone who saw Biden as even partially moderate heard him commit to a full left-wing agenda last night. This has been a very polarizing political season with a very small wedge of swing voters in between. Trump, although he appeared to be boorish I believe reached his goal in this debate. Most of the votes are already decided and nothing's going to change them. The ones who are not decided are listening for things like drug pricing, plans for the green New deal, intentions to move forward or backward on international trade relations, intentions to open or close the border and finally looking for some indicator that the candidates they're looking at will put America first. I believe Trump reached that goal successfully last night but he had to do it by arguing against two opponents. The guy on the other mic and the moderator worked together to present a united front against him but despite that he still reached small wedge of undecided people with the details they were looking for. Those who thought Trump was rude and out of line last night should remember that Romney was a perfect gentleman when he lost to Obama.

Jo

Unfortunately, Trump didn't win any new hearts and minds either. In fact, he may have lost a few. I think this is the first debate where I heard a sitting incumbent say next to nothing about policy and his plan for the next four years.
Trump did what Trump is best at. Bloviating. It's why he likes his pep rallies. He can riff. But last night, he knew he was in a format that he isn't any good at and he knew he was going to get his head handed to him. So, he decided
to be Trump and burn the house down. He loses the debate just on that point alone. I don't care what Biden said or didn't say.

Joe Biden said he's not for the New Green Deal but he kept defending it. As Trump pointed out it would cost 1 trillion.

Jo

Unfortunately, Trump didn't win any new hearts and minds either. In fact, he may have lost a few. I think this is the first debate where I heard a sitting incumbent say next to nothing about policy and his plan for the next four years.
Trump did what Trump is best at. Bloviating. It's why he likes his pep rallies. He can riff. But last night, he knew he was in a format that he isn't any good at and he knew he was going to get his head handed to him. So, he decided
to be Trump and burn the house down. He loses the debate just on that point alone. I don't care what Biden said or didn't say.

Joe Biden said nothing about policy. He stood their and lied his ass off and blamed a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC on the president. Joe did nothing to win votes last night. Trump had to interrupt as it became evident early in Chris Wallace had no intention of carrying on a real debate.

Trump was an embarrassment to America. Our President is an immature buffoon.

Jo

Joe Biden said nothing about policy. He stood their and lied his ass off and blamed a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC on the president. Joe did nothing to win votes last night. Trump had to interrupt as it became evident early in Chris Wallace had no intention of carrying on a real debate.
What did Biden lie about? Don't give us a subjective opinion. Give us facts.

Jo

Hmm, well, the disastrous response to the pandemic in this country IS Trump's fault.
Trump riffed, flew off topic, interrupted and bullied constantly. He lost. Jesus, he was arguing with the debate moderator who was only trying to keep him on track.
Even offered him a few softballs.

Sorry, you'll have to do better than this.

Biden said that the Senate report of Hunter Biden receiving over three million dollars from Elena Butarina,
wife of former Moscow mayor, had been "completely debunked".

Maybe Joe thinks a denial is the same as "debunking" something. It is not!

Last edited:
Debates are useless. It wasn't long ago Kameltoe was calling Sleepy a Rapist and a Racist.

And now she's telling us "It was just a debate!!"

Anyone who saw Biden as even partially moderate heard him commit to a full left-wing agenda last night. This has been a very polarizing political season with a very small wedge of swing voters in between. Trump, although he appeared to be boorish I believe reached his goal in this debate. Most of the votes are already decided and nothing's going to change them. The ones who are not decided are listening for things like drug pricing, plans for the green New deal, intentions to move forward or backward on international trade relations, intentions to open or close the border and finally looking for some indicator that the candidates they're looking at will put America first. I believe Trump reached that goal successfully last night but he had to do it by arguing against two opponents. The guy on the other mic and the moderator worked together to present a united front against him but despite that he still reached small wedge of undecided people with the details they were looking for.

Jo
But i dont think president Trump gained any new voters...that he needed.

Women
Blacks
Seniors
Its about the Non Progs circling the wagons and getting their weapons ready. Just seeing if it will be sooner rather then later.

Jo

Yeah Wallace kept trying to pigeon hole Trump and Trump refused to let that happen....lol.

JO

Jo

Fact...Biden said his son is innocent
Fact...That is a bald faced lie...He has been convicted of numerous felonious offenses including those serious enough to merit his discharge from the Military....

Jo

Fact...Biden said his son is innocent
Fact...That is a bald faced lie...He has been convicted of numerous felonious offenses including those serious enough to merit his discharge from the Military....
You are a liar. While Hunter was arrested over 30 years ago for possession of a small amount of cocaine at an NJ beach when he was 18, charges were dropped under a first offender program after doing community service. He never had a trial. In the Navy he was given an administrative discharge after traces of drugs were found in a routine blood test. While his history shows and he and his family admit he had a drug problem, your claim of him having numerous felony convictions, including one from the Navy is a complete lie. Do you prefer being called a bald-faced liar or bold-faced liar? Take your choice.

His son is innocent.
Trump was the liar in that exchange. Trump claimed Hunter Biden had been dishonorably discharged from the US Navy. The shameful disgraceful Commander in Chief once again disrespected a veteran by telling the lie a veteran had been dishonorable discharged. At least Biden's sons showed up for the game and put on uniforms. Trump can't say the same for his sons.

Jo

He didn't lose as many hearts n' minds as you'd like!
Especially since most voter's minds are already made up.
1 debate down, 2 to go along with an 'October Surprize'.

The only time Trump shut up was when they asked him to denounce white supremacists. He made the debate a travesty by refusing to play by the rules just like he did the presidency.

Correct. This is just one more play in the game. The goal of the game is to win when the final gun sounds. To use a football analogy, Trump gained no ground on Tuesday and the clock is running out. Likewise for Biden. However most observers agree Biden is ahead...just like they agreed Hillary was ahead in 2016.

Forum List

Back