North Korea: Can the US Win?

Pretty sure they'd just redeploy their radar and launchers into their bunkers during an incoming Cruise Missile attack.

The North Koreans have the ability to see those at the opening stages, until other radar sites are first removed, and even then a person in a fishing boat off the coast could report one flying in by radio if they were that dedicated.

If they use the radar- it gets blown up.

If they don't use the radar- then the KN06 is useless.
If they use Radar it gets blown-up? LOL in what fantasy does the US have magic weapons that work 100% of the time and hit anywhere without delay?

Is the US air force supposed to just wait hours, days, weeks for all the KN06 to be destroyed?

Will the North Koreans turn on their radars if there's no planes in the sky to shoot down?

I'll ask again. What is your expertise in these matters? You appear to be increasingly clueless.
I'm clueless? But you don't actually provide any retort to what I say, you just say "the US will bomb it".

Sure.

So, you have no expertise in military matters generally, much less the DPRK specifically.
Sure I do, but what's the point of prattling them off. Can you not refute the arguments with basic logic and information?

Do you think that the KN06 radar will underperform?

Do you think the US Navy has sufficient mine sweepers?

Or that the Romeo class submarine can't deliver mines effectively?

What the fuck are your lame ass arguments.

If they use Radar it gets blown-up? LOL in what fantasy does the US have magic weapons that work 100% of the time and hit anywhere without delay?

Is the US air force supposed to just wait hours, days, weeks for all the KN06 to be destroyed?

Will the North Koreans turn on their radars if there's no planes in the sky to shoot down?

I'll ask again. What is your expertise in these matters? You appear to be increasingly clueless.
I'm clueless? But you don't actually provide any retort to what I say, you just say "the US will bomb it".

Sure.

So, you have no expertise in military matters generally, much less the DPRK specifically.
Sure I do, but what's the point of prattling them off. Can you not refute the arguments with basic logic and information?

Already have.

Sure.

Do you think that the KN06 radar will underperform?- none of us know- but since they rely upon radar- and since the United States tactics specifically target radar- I think that the KN06 would not be effective beyond the first salvo.

Do you think the US Navy has sufficient mine sweepers? Sufficient for what- specifically?

Or that the Romeo class submarine can't deliver mines effectively? I imagine that they can- up to the point that they are sunk. None nuclear subs can't stay submerged forever- and can only carry so many mines

like a lot of members' theories, you also think the US will be like a snowman and just sit there
you think the US doesn't have plans for any and all the aspects you mention?
you think they just sit around reading about WW2 and the Korean war

a huge difference, like PG1 is the US will have air superiority with it's many advantages

The KN06 blunts the initial effects of Air superiority. Which is the point I first make. The second point regarding that is that the air superiority really isn't much on the ground when dealing with these Cold war level mass mobilizations. This isn't bombing 30 talibanis in a cave with a MOAB.

The KN 06 can protect it's own radar from cruise missiles? You know, those things that fly to specific point on earth and blow it up, and cannot be jammed?

Pretty sure they'd just redeploy their radar and launchers into their bunkers during an incoming Cruise Missile attack.

The North Koreans have the ability to see those at the opening stages, until other radar sites are first removed, and even then a person in a fishing boat off the coast could report one flying in by radio if they were that dedicated.

The U.S. tactics are predicated on knocking out the radar as soon as it is switched on. I don't claim to be any expert on American abilities- but this is a pretty well known tactic- the Wild Weasel.

North Korea has so many allies in the United States that the idea of the US winning what would amount to both an external and an internal war is very poor.

Listen rice for brains. You can’t identify a piece of propaganda when you see it. How about checking out the 1980 bronco in the opening or maybe the ultra modern 1950 trucks.

As far as the wars, I would defer to professionals but it was the lack of will in America, not military ability that determined the outcomes. Korea was a draw, Vietnam a loss, and Iraq a win. Why don’t you pull up the highway of hell picture From the Kuwait war and tell me air power in a conventional war is not Supreme.

Highway of Death - Google Search

Yeah, because North Koreans are in a big open desert with no AA, no indirect fire, and not no big giant mountains of solid Granite with thousands of miles of tunnels and bunkers dug out of them.

Why not just go all Nazi on them and bomb them into rubble and win the day? Oh wait, US did, and lost. BIGLY.

Korea was no more a draw than WW1 was a draw. LOL

And it's Imperia Hubris to think that YOU decided to lose the war. No, you LOST, there's a difference, losing means YOU COULD NOT WIN. Under the circumstances.
Korea was a win for everyone except NK
US kept SK from being overrun
SK kept from being overrun
China kept NK from being overrun
NK failed in their attempt to overrun SK

Listen rice for brains. You can’t identify a piece of propaganda when you see it. How about checking out the 1980 bronco in the opening or maybe the ultra modern 1950 trucks.

As far as the wars, I would defer to professionals but it was the lack of will in America, not military ability that determined the outcomes. Korea was a draw, Vietnam a loss, and Iraq a win. Why don’t you pull up the highway of hell picture From the Kuwait war and tell me air power in a conventional war is not Supreme.

Yeah, because North Koreans are in a big open desert with no AA, no indirect fire, and not no big giant mountains of solid Granite with thousands of miles of tunnels and bunkers dug out of them.

Why not just go all Nazi on them and bomb them into rubble and win the day? Oh wait, US did, and lost. BIGLY.

And it's Imperia Hubris to think that YOU decided to lose the war. No, you LOST, there's a difference, losing means YOU COULD NOT WIN. Under the circumstances.
Bullshit.

The US goal was to reunify the peninsula on their terms.

They failed.

The KN06 blunts the initial effects of Air superiority. Which is the point I first make. The second point regarding that is that the air superiority really isn't much on the ground when dealing with these Cold war level mass mobilizations. This isn't bombing 30 talibanis in a cave with a MOAB.

The KN 06 can protect it's own radar from cruise missiles? You know, those things that fly to specific point on earth and blow it up, and cannot be jammed?

The U.S. tactics are predicated on knocking out the radar as soon as it is switched on. I don't claim to be any expert on American abilities- but this is a pretty well known tactic- the Wild Weasel.
Yeah but it's hardly "as soon as it's turned on".

And the attacker itself is exposed to the system it is attacking.

There's a lot of EW countermeasures and such, but nothing is 100%, and the KN06 is arguably of a modern designed system to cope with those problems, the S-300.

Sure.

Do you think that the KN06 radar will underperform?- none of us know- but since they rely upon radar- and since the United States tactics specifically target radar- I think that the KN06 would not be effective beyond the first salvo.

Do you think the US Navy has sufficient mine sweepers? Sufficient for what- specifically?

Or that the Romeo class submarine can't deliver mines effectively? I imagine that they can- up to the point that they are sunk. None nuclear subs can't stay submerged forever- and can only carry so many mines

The US likely can't operate around the Naval yards further north along the North Korean coasts, arguably they can keep those areas a safe base for their subs.

But the amount of sea-mines that can be laid by Submarines in their one mass exercise drill is pretty large, especially if they put them in critical areas.

The US needs more mine-sweepers, because right now they only have what? 3 I think it is? And that's nowhere near enough to clear a landing point or operational area.

Bullshit.

They failed.
no no no

the US did NOT initially attack NK--NK attacked SK !!!!
their goal was to keep NK from overrunning SK--mission accomplished
America called on North Korea to withdraw to the 38th Parallel.
The United Nations and the Korean War - History Learning Site

, the U.N. Security Council issued a resolution calling for a cease-fire and an end to North Korean aggression
U.N. approves armed force to repel North Korea - Jun 27, 1950 - HISTORY.com

On June 27, President Truman announced to the nation and the world that America would intervene in the Korean conflict in order to prevent the conquest of an independent nation by communism.
Truman orders U.S. forces to Korea - Jun 27, 1950 - HISTORY.com

. Again MacArthur was warned not to provoke the Chinese
et c etc
Why Truman Fired General MacArthur

Mac screwed up big time.....
1. the Chinese had already given the UN forces [ except the USMC ] an ass whipping in the Chinese first phase attack...he should've known they were big trouble and there in force
2. there were numerous tips that the Chinese did not want the US over the 38th Paralel
3. even the USMC commander said it was ''too much to ask of the US serviceman to fight in that terrain and weather''
...a. 1 MSR--easily cut off
......A. hilly terrain--makes MSR easy to cut...tanks can't deploy well
...b. below 0 weather
...c.snow/icy roads--terrain
......A. very tough on land AND vehicle movement/resupply/attacks/etc
......B. everything much slower

very very stupid to try to get to the Yalu

Bullshit.

They failed.

Bullshit.

They failed.
the United States had begun withdrawing its troops from South Korea in 1948. As late as January of 1950, Secretary of State Dean Acheson had implied that the Korea Peninsula lay outside the all-important "defense perimeter"
so they are withdrawing troops--they wanted to attack with less troops???!!!
US Enters the Korean Conflict

Bullshit.

They failed.

Bullshit.

They failed.
the United States had begun withdrawing its troops from South Korea in 1948. As late as January of 1950, Secretary of State Dean Acheson had implied that the Korea Peninsula lay outside the all-important "defense perimeter"

Right, like 1950 never happened, and the US didn't push all the way to the Yalu river in attempts to utterly destroy North Korea?

Come-on, you have a paper thin understanding of things

Bullshit.

They failed.

Bullshit.

They failed.

Right, like 1950 never happened, and the US didn't push all the way to the Yalu river in attempts to utterly destroy North Korea?

a whole Corps got thrown off the peninsula!!
most UN forces did not reach the Yalu

it says it right there in the links!!! they say nothing about taking over all of Korea
that was not Truman's goal---! please prove otherwise
any way--the US did win by keeping SKorea --this is undeniable

Bullshit.

They failed.

Bullshit.

They failed.

it says it right there in the links!!! they say nothing about taking over all of Korea

Let me guess, on the Yalu river, after North Korea surrendered, the US would just return all of North Korea to Kim Il Sung and go about their business?

Don't be so naive.

The exact intentions were dictated by the ability to enforce them by power.

When the US lost that ability it revised its intentions like a good narcissist does.

Bullshit.

They failed.
Bullshit.

They failed.

Let me guess, on the Yalu river, after North Korea surrendered, the US would just return all of North Korea to Kim Il Sung and go about their business?

Don't be so naive.

When the US lost that ability it revised its intentions like a good narcissist does.
win win --SK saved ..undeniable

Bullshit.

They failed.
Bullshit.

They failed.

Don't be so naive.

I guess Persian Gulf 1 was not a win?? where we booted Iraq out of Kuwait?

Bullshit.

They failed.
Bullshit.

They failed.

Don't be so naive.

Did the US cross into Iraq and take over Baghdad and push the Iraqi army into Syria?

Focus on apt comparisons.

The US deliberately did not invade Iraq in Gulf War. Nor did it extend that as part of the mandate of its coalition.

Don't be so naive.

Did the US cross into Iraq and take over Baghdad and push the Iraqi army into Syria?

The US deliberately did not invade Iraq in Gulf War. Nor did it extend that as part of the mandate of its coalition.
win--SK is still around because the US defended SK

Don't be so naive.

where are your links on how Truman wanted to take over NK?
I provided links on what Truman wanted--
I'm still waiting

like a lot of members' theories, you also think the US will be like a snowman and just sit there
you think the US doesn't have plans for any and all the aspects you mention?
you think they just sit around reading about WW2 and the Korean war

a huge difference, like PG1 is the US will have air superiority with it's many advantages

A radar that is turned off detects no aircraft.

If you use a radar, it emits an electromagnetic signature that can be detected by satellites. Key in a GPS coordinate and the cruise missile can be launched by a surface ship, submarine or aircraft far outside that missile system's reach. A SLCM launched just off the coast would have a flight time of minutes to anywhere in NK.

Even if that doesn't work, aircraft can use the AGM-88 HARM missile to destroy the radar system because the operational range is likely further than the KN-06's missile. It is a case of I can hit you, but you can't hit me.

Forum List

Back