Noncitizens could serve as police officers in Utah

night_son

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2018
The Full Moon
The Bill:

SB0102

An article about the bill:

Noncitizens could serve as police officers in Utah under a bill that’s nearly on its way to the governor

From the article:

"The Utah House gave approval Wednesday to a bill that would allow noncitizens to serve as police officers — so long as they are lawful residents, have been in the United States for at least five years and have legal authorization to work.
Legal residents have long been able to serve in the U.S. military. But those same immigrants have not been able to wear a police badge in the state or serve as a police dispatcher.

“We have a lot of people that are here legally but are not U.S. citizens that would love to have the opportunity to be in law enforcement or a dispatcher,” noted Rep. Paul Ray, R-Clearfield and the bill’s House sponsor.
He said the bill would also help law enforcement with recruiting, “because right now there’s a huge shortage” of people who want to be police officers.

That’s a benefit also espoused by local law enforcement groups that have expressed support for the bill as a way to increase diversity among their ranks. Also speaking in support of the bill was 22-year-old Park City Police Department employee Enrique Sanchez, a DACA recipient who has long dreamed of becoming a police officer."

OP commentary:

For further reading, see The End of The Roman Empire.

Sounds great, doesn't it? The possibility of one day being arrested by a non-US Citizen? That's what I've always dreamed of; it's on my bucket list, matter of fact. I mean, why not, right? Non-citizens already get driver licenses, free healthcare, the right to vote in some places, free rides to college and a host of other "above and beyond" government provided perks not available to measly old official US Citizens. Hey, I know what. Why not give non-citizens the right to run for President and free cars and houses too? What a great day to be a born here American Citizen!

The Bill:

SB0102

Noncitizens could serve as police officers in Utah under a bill that’s nearly on its way to the governor

From the article:

"The Utah House gave approval Wednesday to a bill that would allow noncitizens to serve as police officers — so long as they are lawful residents, have been in the United States for at least five years and have legal authorization to work.
Legal residents have long been able to serve in the U.S. military. But those same immigrants have not been able to wear a police badge in the state or serve as a police dispatcher.

“We have a lot of people that are here legally but are not U.S. citizens that would love to have the opportunity to be in law enforcement or a dispatcher,” noted Rep. Paul Ray, R-Clearfield and the bill’s House sponsor.
He said the bill would also help law enforcement with recruiting, “because right now there’s a huge shortage” of people who want to be police officers.

That’s a benefit also espoused by local law enforcement groups that have expressed support for the bill as a way to increase diversity among their ranks. Also speaking in support of the bill was 22-year-old Park City Police Department employee Enrique Sanchez, a DACA recipient who has long dreamed of becoming a police officer."

OP commentary:

Sounds great, doesn't it? The possibility of one day being arrested by a non-US Citizen? That's what I've always dreamed of; it's on my bucket list, matter of fact. I mean, why not, right? Non-citizens already get driver licenses, free healthcare, the right to vote in some places, free rides to college and a host of other "above and beyond" government provided perks not available to measly old official US Citizens. Hey, I know what. Why not give non-citizens the right to run for President and free cars and houses too? What a great day to be a born here American Citizen!
Why not they already in the military. Some even lost their lives.

The Bill:

SB0102

From the article:

OP commentary:

Should we even be surprised you asked? The reasons are many. Chief among them is cultural differences. A couple years back, in Minnesota, a Somali immigrant cop shot and killed an Australian woman who had come to the US to marry her longtime sweetheart. Her offense? She called the police to report a suspected in-progress rape in her neighborhood, and she tapped on the fender of the cop car to get the officers' attention. Culture conflict. There are many other examples, but if you want to read about them find them on your own.

Further, serving in the military (unless one is an MP in peacetime) is nothing like being a cop. Bad comparison.

Why do you think giving people, that arent even citizens, power over ACTUAL citizens, is "right?"-TNHarley

Aren't they are already in the military having power over actual citizens? I see no logical distinction between cop and soldier. I think it is great that Utah wants to do this.

The Bill:

SB0102

From the article:

OP commentary:

Utah wanting to hire foreign help, to take out the trash?

The Bill:

SB0102

From the article:

OP commentary:

For an alleged republican state, Utah is pretty fucked up....Take it from someone who lives there part time.

Why do you think giving people, that arent even citizens, power over ACTUAL citizens, is "right?"-TNHarley

Aren't they are already in the military having power over actual citizens? I see no logical distinction between cop and soldier. I think it is great that Utah wants to do this.
Military and police officers are not different.
:lmao: ok bro

The Bill:

SB0102

From the article:

OP commentary:

So what?

The Bill:

SB0102

From the article:

OP commentary:

Should we even be surprised you asked? The reasons are many. Chief among them is cultural differences. A couple years back, in Minnesota, a Somali immigrant cop shot and killed an Australian woman who had come to the US to marry her longtime sweetheart. Her offense? She called the police to report a suspected in-progress rape in her neighborhood, and she tapped on the fender of the cop car to get the officers' attention. Culture conflict. There are many other examples, but if you want to read about them find them on your own.

Further, serving in the military (unless one is an MP in peacetime) is nothing like being a cop. Bad comparison.
What hell you came up to that conclusion ?

1. The police officer is An american citizen.

2. It was a freak accident, the lady surprised the cops holding what later found out to be a cellphone...the cop made a poor decision and shot her in fear of getting shot.

3. Many white cops got away with the same type of incident.

If anything that story show us how the white privilege works., the officer got sentenced for 12 years.

Forum List

Back