Non-College Grad Scott Walker

Why would it?

Not saying it would or should. Just asking. Also not sure that everyone knew he was a college drop out.

a drop-out :shock: I thought he just didn't go as a choice or the money was an issue. Yeah, if he dropped out w/o a legitimate reason, then i'd say no way :eusa_hand:

He voluntarily stopped going=drop out.
College isn't for everyone just like agriculture isn't for everyone or athletics isn't for everyone. Good that he's done so much with his lack of formal education

I was wondering if the voters are going to look at this and not want to hand the keys over to someone without that formal edumacation. I don't see it happening.

What perplexes me is that his supporters here seem to think not having the degree is a plus; like if he were to take night classes at La Tourneau to get his degree...that would devalue him. :eek:

I don't think so. He seems quite intelligent and capable in general.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

Deeds, not words. I agree. as for intelligence, the presidency is much more complex than a governorship and there are many more balls to juggle.

I try not to judge deeds along the lines of intelligence, because intelligence in and of itself is the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills. A man can do something great that requires much intelligence and focus, yet be something certain disagree with or support for various reasons, whether they be religious, moral, political, philosophical, etc.

It requires a lot of thinking for a person to become governor or president. Both occupations have their advisors and support systems. Undoubtedly the job of being president is more complex, but then again there are far many more groups of people under the president supporting him doing the research... which in turn guides his actions.
Yeah, the problem is that he's going to have to run as a "small government" candidate to get the nomination. "Worry" isn't the right word but as governor, you don't have to really worry about violence in the Ukraine, Venezuela, Mexican drug lords, pulling all troops out of Afghanistan vs leaving a security force behind (that was just from this week--not counting domestic issues). You worry about your state and likely what effect inclimate weather will have on your state as the most common crisis.

You have help, surely, but there is only so many places you can be at one time.

The "deeds, not words" was meant to highlight Gov. Walker's accomplishments.

Just out of curiosity...what credence (if any) do you give to a college degree holder? All things being equal, if your daughter brought home a young man as a suitor to meet you, would having a college degree be better or worse in terms of how you thought about him?

I have a son, not a daughter, but I wouldn't care. I would be more concerned about what he is doing with his life.

I have an MBA and I can assure you there are people I went to grad school with who couldn't lead a swarm of flies to a bag of shit. A college education is overrated these days.

Depends on what you want to do for living.

I agree with President Obama that all levels of education, college, higher degrees, trade school, should be readily available.
I also believe that we should invest in our own country by subsidizing education.
~

Hard to be the education President when you short-changed your own...of course a smoker came up with Obamacare. LOL

No, his degree (or lack thereof) is not a factor. If he were running for a position like attorney general and didn't have a JD, that would be another issue, but governor is just an administration job and his track record is sufficient.

You mean cutting two billion from education and the poor and then claiming a billion dollar surplus?

I could do that. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night but it's an easy way to make a surplus.

Now, about all those jobs he promised to create......
george-of-the-jungle.gif

Can you believe the number of people who trash education. As if we have too many smart and educated people and not enough stupid.

Does that hurt his chances of getting your vote either in the primary or general election?

Bill Gates was a drop out too.

What's the matter candycorn? Mad that a college drop out made the DNC look like idiots by wasting millions of dollars trying to beat him?

If a person really wants to think about it, it took all of these college grads to get us in the mess we're in today.
I would be happy to see a person with less academics and more real world thinking take over for a couple of terms.

Last edited:
A college degree is not a measure of intelligence or capability

Just out of curiosity...what credence (if any) do you give to a college degree holder? All things being equal, if your daughter brought home a young man as a suitor to meet you, would having a college degree be better or worse in terms of how you thought about him?

Look up James Byrnes, Andrew Carnegie, Michael Dell, George Eastman, and the 8 US President's that never went to college.
I could keep going, but think you get the message.

A college degree is not a measure of intelligence or capability

Look up James Byrnes, Andrew Carnegie, Michael Dell, George Eastman, and the 8 US President's that never went to college.
I could keep going, but think you get the message.

For President?

Different times and different skill sets.

For my daughter...no problem.

Does that hurt his chances of getting your vote either in the primary or general election?

Bill Gates was a drop out too.

What's the matter candycorn? Mad that a college drop out made the DNC look like idiots by wasting millions of dollars trying to beat him?

Obama won Wisconsin; I was quite happy about that. The DNC in WI were idiots by the way. Didn't they nominate the same dude that Walker beat to win the Governorship in the first place? That was dumb.

As for Bill Gates...so you'd be okay with Bill Gates and his liberalism as your President? Curious.

College is great. Especially if you are in the "education" business. Or if you are offering government backed student loans.......:lol:

As for Walker. He has a record in Wisconsin. His results will speak for him. I don't envision it causing any problems for him. That won't stop the far left wingnuts from smearing him though......

Last edited:
If only college graduates are educated then I guess only people who have been in the military are brave and patriotic. It's the same thought process. One I happen to disagree with.

What about military who used the GI bill and got a degree?

Forum List

Back