No ‘Settlers’ Allowed in Palestinian State, PA Leaders Affirm

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I certainly hope, since the Arabs don't want any Jews in Palestinne, that the Jews there with the help of the Jews inside Israel dismantle all the homes, factories and whatever infrastructure that was put into these settlements and just move all the material out of this place and perhaps set it up in the Negev. After all, why should they leave all this to the Palestinians who don't want them there? Let us also bear in mind how the Gazans destroyed the greenhouses and other buildings when the Jews left so let the Jews give those in the Palestinian state a taste of the same medicine. Of course, the Palestinians, being such "industtrious people" will have jobs for those Palestinians who are now working for Jews and earning a good living.

No “settlers” would be allowed to reside in a Palestinian state, it was confirmed this week.

Israeli-Arab MK Jamal Zahalka, speaks in Knesset. (Photo: Hadas Parush/Flash 90)
Hypocrisy is defined as the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform. Apartheid is defined as a policy or system of segregation or discrimination on grounds of race. Israel has been accused of hypocrisy and apartheid by many opponents worldwide, including the Palestinian leaders who are striving to gain a state that would include no Jewish “settlements” although they repeatedly refuse to recognize the Jewish state.

So many observers are noting what they see as hypocrisy within the Palestinian Authority (PA) and among Arab-Israeli parliamentarians in response to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s alleged suggestion that Israelis residing in Judea and Samaria should be permitted to remain in their homes – even if it means living in a Palestinian state.

Continue reading at:

No 'Settlers' Allowed in Palestinian State | United with Israel

Scorched earth policy?

Do you have any problems with them dismantling everything? After all, it was built by them. They are not going to call on the IAF to pull something like Assad -- bombing towns. Would you prefer they just leave everything in place and then pull an Assad?

Shaarona, et al,

This was to be expected. It is their call. It is their country.

Scorched earth policy?
(COMMENT)

The Israeli Settlement Program may have been, at one time, the right kind of pressure to apply from a political standpoint; but it is worse than counter-productive now.

The Israelis understand that this Program was, from a International Law perspective, unacceptable. Nothing inside the 1949 Armistice Lines of the West Bank can be Israeli. It was never intended to be; and at some point, unless a quid pro quo arrangement is reach (unlikely), the Israelis understood (or should have realized) that they would have to give anything they take, back to the Palestinian Government.

Additionally, in some cases, there are very legitimate civil claims action and restitution that will have to be settled in the post-Conflict Reparations accords. While some of the payments intended to cover damage or injury inflicted will be mitigated for the past history of terrorist actions and criminal assaults, that is another matter.

But in the end, there was never a reasonable expectation that the Settlers would be allowed to lay permanent claim to any Palestinian land. Nothing in the West Bank can be Annexed solely under Israeli Law. Israel will just have to use some of that new revenue stream from the Lavant Gas and Oil Fields to build a new reactor and water desalinization plant to reclaim the desert for the Settlers to relocate; complete with infrastructure for development.

But again, this was not an unexpected call on the part of the Palestinians. They have been saying this for more than a decade. "No Israelis allowed." As for the "scorched Earth" policy, we can only hope that the Israelis will leave in an orderly fashion and with what infrastructure they built intact. (Maybe too much to ask for?)

Of course, the Israelis will probably not even consider withdrawing settlers (just my thought) as long as a permanent peace accord remain elusive.

Most Respectfully,
R

I certainly hope, since the Arabs don't want any Jews in Palestinne, that the Jews there with the help of the Jews inside Israel dismantle all the homes, factories and whatever infrastructure that was put into these settlements and just move all the material out of this place and perhaps set it up in the Negev. After all, why should they leave all this to the Palestinians who don't want them there? Let us also bear in mind how the Gazans destroyed the greenhouses and other buildings when the Jews left so let the Jews give those in the Palestinian state a taste of the same medicine. Of course, the Palestinians, being such "industtrious people" will have jobs for those Palestinians who are now working for Jews and earning a good living.

No “settlers” would be allowed to reside in a Palestinian state, it was confirmed this week.

Israeli-Arab MK Jamal Zahalka, speaks in Knesset. (Photo: Hadas Parush/Flash 90)
Hypocrisy is defined as the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform. Apartheid is defined as a policy or system of segregation or discrimination on grounds of race. Israel has been accused of hypocrisy and apartheid by many opponents worldwide, including the Palestinian leaders who are striving to gain a state that would include no Jewish “settlements” although they repeatedly refuse to recognize the Jewish state.

So many observers are noting what they see as hypocrisy within the Palestinian Authority (PA) and among Arab-Israeli parliamentarians in response to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s alleged suggestion that Israelis residing in Judea and Samaria should be permitted to remain in their homes – even if it means living in a Palestinian state.

Continue reading at:

Former PA minister Ashraf al-Ajrami said Monday that the PA does not oppose the possibility of Jews living in a future state of “Palestine” as citizens. However, he told IDF Radio, “Israeli settlements will not be allowed to remain inside the territory of the Palestinian state.”

I would assume that if the Jews could stay as Palestinian citizens that the settlements could stay as Palestinian territory. It would not make any sense for Palestinian citizens to live in Israeli settlements.

Scorched earth policy?

Do you have any problems with them dismantling everything? After all, it was built by them. They are not going to call on the IAF to pull something like Assad -- bombing towns. Would you prefer they just leave everything in place and then pull an Assad?

Yes.. I think destroying existing infrastructure is wasteful. Much of it was built with US money that made low mortgage rates and settler subsidy possible.

Most of the construction companies operating in the West Bank have US partners.

Continue reading at:

Former PA minister Ashraf al-Ajrami said Monday that the PA does not oppose the possibility of Jews living in a future state of “Palestine” as citizens. However, he told IDF Radio, “Israeli settlements will not be allowed to remain inside the territory of the Palestinian state.”

I would assume that if the Jews could stay as Palestinian citizens that the settlements could stay as Palestinian territory. It would not make any sense for Palestinian citizens to live in Israeli settlements.

However, Mr. Tinmore you will have to hop over there and convince all the leaders that if the Jews were allowed to stay on in the new state they wouldn't be a threat to this new state as many of your friends believe. Moreoever, when you are over there convincing them of that, how about you looking over the place and deciding where you are going to help your friends beuild a new industrial park so that there will be jobs for the Palestinians in this new state and they wouldn't have to depend so much on the outside world to helping them as they have previously.

Continue reading at:

However, Mr. Tinmore you will have to hop over there and convince all the leaders that if the Jews were allowed to stay on in the new state they wouldn't be a threat to this new state as many of your friends believe. Moreoever, when you are over there convincing them of that, how about you looking over the place and deciding where you are going to help your friends beuild a new industrial park so that there will be jobs for the Palestinians in this new state and they wouldn't have to depend so much on the outside world to helping them as they have previously.

The biggest problem I see right now is that the West Bank is a "law free" zone. When it comes to settler violation of the law the PA is not allowed to enforce and Israel rarely does. This leads to a lot of violence.

The biggest problem I see right now is that the West Bank is a "law free" zone. When it comes to settler violation of the law the PA is not allowed to enforce and Israel rarely does. This leads to a lot of violence.

Yes, Mr. Tinmore, we all know that your fellow Arabs are so peaceful and wouldn't harm a flea. Be sure to take a good architect over with you so that some great industrial park can be built. They can name the park in your honor in your real name, not your non de guerre.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes, this is a major problem; seemingly growing worse by the day.

(COMMENT)

The Israeli Government needs to get their damn act together in this regard. This burns serious reputation points. It serve no purpose, politically or security wise, for these vigilante style Settler gangs to run around like loose cannons on deck.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

The Israeli Government needs to get their damn act together in this regard. This burns serious reputation points. It serve no purpose, politically or security wise, for these vigilante style Settler gangs to run around like loose cannons on deck.

Most Respectfully,
R

I see the incorporation of the settlements and their citizens into Palestine as the only just solution.

They would be able to live in their homeland without the fear of being bounced like the settlers in Gaza. I am opposed to destroying the settlements and throwing people out of their homes.

They would be allowed to live anywhere in Palestine that they want without the need to expand settlements to have a house for their kids.

I am sure that they would be allowed to go live in Israel if that is their thing.

They would have safety and security that they have not experienced in their life.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I see the incorporation of the settlements and their citizens into Palestine as the only just solution.

They would be able to live in their homeland without the fear of being bounced like the settlers in Gaza. I am opposed to destroying the settlements and throwing people out of their homes.

They would be allowed to live anywhere in Palestine that they want without the need to expand settlements to have a house for their kids.

I am sure that they would be allowed to go live in Israel if that is their thing.

They would have safety and security that they have not experienced in their life.

Yes, I can just imagine the safety and security they will have -- just like the Christian Copts now have in Egypt.

P F Tinmore, et al,

That is a nice thought. It certainly would look good on paper. But it would take a century to evolve into something viable.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

There are a tremendous number of huddles to overcome, given the history between the two cultures. While it might be an option, I fear that they would disappear faster than the Roanoke Colony in North Carolina.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

That is a nice thought. It certainly would look good on paper. But it would take a century to evolve into something viable.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

There are a tremendous number of huddles to overcome, given the history between the two cultures. While it might be an option, I fear that they would disappear faster than the Roanoke Colony in North Carolina.

Most Respectfully,
R

Israel had made such a mess of the place that it is hard to imagine it ever being completely straightened out.

Who is saying their is going to be a Palestinian state in the West Bank ?

It's not going to happen.

I used to support a two state solution.But then I started reading more into the conflict and I realize that this will not bring peace.

Right now, I support leaving things the way they are, with Israel stopping settlement building.

I used to support a two state solution.But then I started reading more into the conflict and I realize that this will not bring peace.

Right now, I support leaving things the way they are, with Israel stopping settlement building.

So you have a more recent interest in this mess?

I have been watching it since early 1950..

If you look at a settlement map.. there is nothing left for a 2 state solution.

I was born in 1985.

And yes, there is no room for a two state solution

I was born in 1985.

And yes, there is no room for a two state solution

The current Palestinian resistance is not talking about a state. They are demanding their rights. Israel will have to work out the details.

Forum List

Back