no press conference for hilary in over 258 days...why not?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....even the democrat journalists are sort of wondering why hilary refuses to have a press conference...it has been over 258 days, August 18 was 258, and not direct questions from the press...even the democrat press that will take any gaffe and hide it.....

Hillary Clinton hasn’t held a press conference in 257 days. That’s ridiculous.

Almost 258 days! Trump undersold something!

Jokes aside, it's beyond ridiculous that one of the two people who will be elected president in 80 or so days continues to refuse to engage with the press in this way.

But she does sit-down interviews! And she did a "press conference" with a moderator, um, moderating the questions!

Not good enough. Not when you are running to be president of the United States. One of the most important things when someone is offering themselves up to represent all of us is that we get the best sense we can about how that person thinks on his or her feet, how they deal with unwanted or adversarial questions. Those two traits are big parts of doing the job of president in the modern world.

There's nothing like a press conference to put a candidate for president through their paces. If you don't believe me, just watch how Clinton handled this presser — not well! — when she tried to put the email server controversy to rest.

(1) She is solidly in the leader, and gaffes would hurt her.

(2) He is solidly behind, and he keeps making mistakes for the press to jump on.

Ive said it before ..

never interfere with your foe when they're bust cutting their own throat.

write that down.

Because she already been caught in countless lies. Retelling the lies again, with yet different wording would damage her credibility even more, if that's possible. As long as the press is doing her bidding; the truth is she has more to lose, than to gain. Trump needs to capitalize on her inability to think on her feet when the debates come around. She's shown her weakness. He needs only to exploit it. The only question now is "how far will the moderators go to protect her in the debates"?

Because she already been caught in countless lies. Retelling the lies again, with yet different wording would damage her credibility even more, if that's possible. As long as the press is doing her bidding; the truth is she has more to lose, than to gain. Trump needs to capitalize on her inability to think on her feet when the debates come around. She's shown her weakness. He needs only to exploit it. The only question now is "how far will the moderators go to protect her in the debates"?

I imagine the moderator will step in and simply say..."Let me answer that question for you Mrs. clinton........"

The moderation of this upcoming debate will likely determine the outcome. If they give her the kid glove treatment, cut the Donald off every time he goes in for the kill; and then go into"sleaze" mode when questioning him; it likely won't bode well for him in the next day's sound bites. And I promise you this. The majority of the voters will get thier assessment of the debates from the next day's sound bites, and pundits spin. So look for the debates to frame the following media cycle.

The moderation of this upcoming debate will likely determine the outcome. If they give her the kid glove treatment, cut the Donald off every time he goes in for the kill; and then go into"sleaze" mode when questioning him; it likely won't bode well for him in the next day's sound bites. And I promise you this. The majority of the voters will get thier assessment of the debates from the next day's sound bites, and pundits spin. So look for the debates to frame the following media cycle.

Kelly Anne Conway is a smart person......she has been out there fighting the dems since clinton first took over the White HOuse......and she knows what they did to Romney....

Conway is a good pick. Will Donald listen to her rather than Bannon is the point.

So....even the democrat journalists are sort of wondering why hilary refuses to have a press conference...it has been over 258 days, August 18 was 258, and not direct questions from the press...even the democrat press that will take any gaffe and hide it.....

Hillary Clinton hasn’t held a press conference in 257 days. That’s ridiculous.

Almost 258 days! Trump undersold something!

Jokes aside, it's beyond ridiculous that one of the two people who will be elected president in 80 or so days continues to refuse to engage with the press in this way.

But she does sit-down interviews! And she did a "press conference" with a moderator, um, moderating the questions!

Not good enough. Not when you are running to be president of the United States. One of the most important things when someone is offering themselves up to represent all of us is that we get the best sense we can about how that person thinks on his or her feet, how they deal with unwanted or adversarial questions. Those two traits are big parts of doing the job of president in the modern world.

There's nothing like a press conference to put a candidate for president through their paces. If you don't believe me, just watch how Clinton handled this presser — not well! — when she tried to put the email server controversy to rest.

Answer: I've always liked this quote........(and Hillary must like it also) LOL

Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself...Napoleon

Ive said it before ..

write that down.

Sorry......I basically restated what you wrote (see below).....My apologies....

You're probably correct.....

Questioners may dare to ask of Trump to back up his claims that he is the "greatest" business person who has ever walked on this planet....May dare to ask about his tax returns.....May dare to ask about his reversal on immigration.....May dare to ask about what he would replace the ACA with....etc.

For Clinton,the majority of questions will be centered on her emails.....and Benghazi.......and after Gowdy and Comey, most of those questions will simply be boring.

Why should Hillary hold a press conference when she simply has to let Trump talk and destroy himself?

Ive said it before ..

write that down.

So she's a pussy and can't defend herself and her ideas.....I cant wait for the debates.....I so fucking can't wait.

Ive said it before ..

write that down.

So she's a pussy and can't defend herself and her ideas.....I cant wait for the debates.....I so fucking can't wait.
She will tear him apart. 11 hours with Gowdy's committee, did not break sweat. The facilitators will hold both candidates to the questions. No running around them this time.

Forum List

Back