NO "Popular Vote" if states choose to have the Legislature Vote for Federal Offices

Do you support state legislatures taking Federal elections instead of popular vote?

• Yes, Federal elections would be honest, fair and transparent.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No, the popular vote is better, I'll explain why.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
State LEGISLATURES decide how their state elections are held.

Popular voting is unpopular, no matter who wins. The other side always cheated.

So how about a formal voice vote by state legislators to decide Federal Elections?

There would be no cheating because the votes would be public voice votes.

The vote counting would be simple, beyond reproach, and immediate.

I like the idea. No commercials. No phone calls.

No big money "Zuckerbucks" buying elections, just our elected state officials doing their jobs.

So how about a formal voice vote by state legislators to decide Federal Elections?

No big money "Zuckerbucks" buying elections, just our elected state officials doing their jobs.
Popular vote is the cornerstone of democracy and a democratic elected representative republic. I'll keep my vote. You should immigrate to where you will be happier.

You will have the same problem that those clamoring for the US to declare itself a Christian nation.

It requires a constitutional amendment. The people will not vote to have their voice removed.

Popular vote is the cornerstone of democracy and a democratic elected representative republic. I'll keep my vote. You should immigrate to where you will be happier.
You vote for your state legislators.
There is no need for a popular Federal election vote, IF the state legislators take that responsibility to avoid the voter fraud issues.
People would take more of an interest in state elections.

If your state legislators take that responsibility, you can immigrate.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Voice votes are only good for overwhelmingly popular issues. Imagine a state legislature with 50 Republicans and 50 Democrats (like the current Senate) doing a voice vote for President. How on God's green earth would you decide who won?

Last edited:
You vote for your state legislators.
There is no need for a popular Federal election vote, IF the state legislators take that responsibility to avoid the voter fraud issues.
People would take more of an interest in state elections.

If your state legislators take that responsibility, you can immigrate.
We will keep the popular vote on presidential elections also, and be represented by the electoral votes representing that vote in the states, at the electoral college. You should immigrate, as you will not get your way here.

How the elections are held? Or allowing the state legislatures to name the members of congress without an election?
If there is a vacancy in congress a governor is allowed to nominate a replacement until the next election. Congressional candidates are still elected under Constitutional law.

How the elections are held? Or allowing the state legislatures to name the members of congress without an election?
1. For presidential elections, where the states' Electoral College votes need to be decided. Legislators can vote.

2. For Senators, legislators can decide.

3. House members would need to be still by the popular vote, because those are by districts.

Forum List

Back