No need to repeal Obamacare-it's already dead

Old Texas Reb

Jul 17, 2018
With no more government subsidies to insurers and the end of the "individual mandate" next year, premiums will explode in 2019, making it unaffordable for most people.

Without a tax penaltly younger, healthier people who prop up the system will take their chances and go uninsured. This will lead to massive premium hikes for people with chronic diseases or pre-existing conditions, forcing them to drop Obamacare and enroll in some of the bare bones catastrophic medical insurance plans now available

What's the solution? Only 2 come to mind.

1. Medicare for all (AKA national healthcare). Might work if you don't mind paying at least 1/3 of your income to the Feds for this in addition to income taxes. This is a non-starter to me.

2. Going back to the old medical insurance system before Obamacare where all the risks are priced into the system in the form of premiums charged. Good if your'e reasonably healthy, bad if you have pre-existing conditions.

My wife and I are on Medicare and have a Medicare supplement policy (Plan F) that covers everything not paid by Medicare. We have virtually no out of pocket expenses except dental and eyeglasses. To get that level of coverage (including the Part D drug insurance) our premium costs in 2017 were right at $10,000 per year for both of us. I expect that will probably go up at least 10% this year. Luckily we can afford it.

. . . . all of which will implode the GOP elections in 2020.

The American People want some form of national health care.

With no more government subsidies to insurers and the end of the "individual mandate" next year, premiums will explode in 2019, making it unaffordable for most people.

Without a tax penaltly younger, healthier people who prop up the system will take their chances and go uninsured. This will lead to massive premium hikes for people with chronic diseases or pre-existing conditions, forcing them to drop Obamacare and enroll in some of the bare bones catastrophic medical insurance plans now available

1. Medicare for all (AKA national healthcare). Might work if you don't mind paying at least 1/3 of your income to the Feds for this in addition to income taxes. This is a non-starter to me.

2. Going back to the old medical insurance system before Obamacare where all the risks are priced into the system in the form of premiums charged. Good if your'e reasonably healthy, bad if you have pre-existing conditions.

My wife and I are on Medicare and have a Medicare supplement policy (Plan F) that covers everything not paid by Medicare. We have virtually no out of pocket expenses except dental and eyeglasses. To get that level of coverage (including the Part D drug insurance) our premium costs in 2017 were right at $10,000 per year for both of us. I expect that will probably go up at least 10% this year. Luckily we can afford it.
/----/ Pay your own way, Libtard. Don't expect me to fund your healthcare.

Getting excited, cellblock, is going to change that a form of national health care is here and will be improved over the years.
/----/ Please repost in a coherent sentence. TIA
say what.jpg

Trump promised America national health care that would cover everybody and would be cheap.

Another Trump failure. Only the best failures.

Isn't odd that the far left rails against corporations getting government hand outs then they give them to insurance companies and big pharma?

Just damned odd!

Isn't odd that the far left rails against corporations getting government hand outs then they give them to insurance companies and big pharma?

Just damned odd!

Unfortunately, that kind of hypocrisy is all too common.

Trump promised America national health care that would cover everybody and would be cheap.

Trump is planing on combining his national healthcare program and national infrastructure plan, by taking away healthcare from people and then using their bodies to help fill pot holes.

Just damned odd!

Sorry the Medicare act of 2003 (George Bush) gave hand outs to big pharma and the gift keeps on giving. Therefore both left and right give the handouts.

Trump is planing on combining his national healthcare program and national infrastructure plan, by taking away healthcare from people and then using their bodies to help fill pot holes.

That's what I heard the other day in a seminar.

Finally a plan that makes sense.

Let the states pay the medical on their own. We don't need a replacement for obamacare, it should never have come into existence in the first place.

Forum List

Back