No more crab legs

oh...:(......I love seafood.

But if the population is plunging....I guess it has to be done, may be next season will be better.

The internet sucks balls. I know right where these things are. They are nothing to let a kid get near, I'll tell you that. And usually there's mudfish around, too; Pretty sure they're poisonous. A block away there's schools of fish swimming in something else.

These crab's claws are like 3/4 the size of my forearm and they sit there like "GRAWR" with their pincers open, waiting. Waiting for a dumbass. They are light blue and white. The claws are halfway in between blue crab and stone crab. Their "arms" are not much smaller than a humans.

Last edited:
Age, Size, Lifespan: This large crab can exceed 18 cm in carapace width (Stephenson and Campbell 1960, Eldredge and Smith 2001). The FAO Species Identification and Data Programme suggests a maximum male carapace width of 25-28 cm and a maximum weight of 2-3 kg (FAO/SIDP undated).

YOWZA!
That ain't these monsters. :nono:

These things would be more like 20 Kg. Body about as wide as my shoulders. The beginning claw part is the size of my fist.

Light blue and white they are. It's just them and the mudfish down there.
18 cm? I'm talking like 2 1/2 feet wide. Claws are huge!

Last edited:
Back in the 1970's the future of "farming" the ocean was hyped up. It turns out that the ocean is one mean bitch. When she gets angry she can rip damn near anything apart. Now in 2022 only the very wealthy can afford top quality wild caught seafood. A lobsterman in California can get up to $32 a pound. A two pound lobster brings him $64 at the dock, and by the time his wholesale buyer gets his cut, and the restaurant gets there markup,,,well, a two pound lobster is only sold at places that don't put prices on the menu. (Ruth Chris steakhouse). Who would pay $150 for a two pound lobster??? l'll tell you a Chinese person. Virtually all of them are sent to Singapore. I remember being told to "clean my plate" because there are starving children in China. Now things are different.

Back in the 1970's the future of "farming" the ocean was hyped up. It turns out that the ocean is one mean bitch. When she gets angry she can rip damn near anything apart. Now in 2022 only the very wealthy can afford top quality wild caught seafood. A lobsterman in California can get up to $32 a pound. A two pound lobster brings him $64 at the dock, and by the time his wholesale buyer gets his cut, and the restaurant gets there markup,,,well, a two pound lobster is only sold at places that don't put prices on the menu. (Ruth Chris steakhouse). Who would pay $150 for a two pound lobster??? l'll tell you a Chinese person. Virtually all of them are sent to Singapore. I remember being told to "clean my plate" because there are starving children in China. Now things are different.
well if you live near a body of water it's easy to go get what you want.

Most "Farmed" seafood should be avoided. Often times the creatures are fed cheap food and live in filthy, disease ridden pens. Most "farmed" Salmon have ugly gray flesh which is dyed to make it look like a Salmon.. Gross! Most foreign countries "farm" hideous fish from polluted water. There are exceptions...for instance the shellfish farms in Washington state.

That ain't these monsters. :nono:

These things would be more like 20 Kg. Body about as wide as my shoulders. The beginning claw part is the size of my fist.

Light blue and white they are. It's just them and the mudfish down there.
18 cm? I'm talking like 2 1/2 feet wide. Claws are huge!
1665971782262.png

1665971888903.png

Attachments

• 1665971745307.png
    1665971745307.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 9
I never have seen them big crabs like that anywhere else, and I doubt they're any good for eating.

Always on land, usually mudfish are nearby. The good crabs for eating are usually in water. These guys were always on land like.. gettin' rays n stuff. Waiting for somebody to mess with their pincers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back